Who hates the Current Economy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the economy sucks right now... But at least the leaders in this country are trying to do something about it. The lack of regulation on Wall Street, the over speculation, the easy credit, and the sub prime mortgage crisis.... they really did us in. People have gotten lazy with their money over the years, now we are paying the price.

All blame can't be placed on regular joes, if our leaders had done something about the excesses on Wall Street... we might have not gotten into it so deep... but who knows?

Now things are so bad that we have to rely on those who lead us. The stimulus packages aren't bad either, they will cost us.. but they serve their intended purpose to get money out there and into the economy. But it is only a step on the road, it's only the beginning.

Is horrible, most of my shopping came from overseas due to it just not being available here.

Cost me over £50 for 3 CD's from Germany yesterday, my poor wallet :(
Am having to be seriously selective about what I get now, which isn't a bad thing. I was just really getting into it :lol

"I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole ^^^^house goes up in flames"

ys1aV.jpg

I'm in Michigan and its so bad here that the wife and I are planning to pack up the kids, rent our house out and leave. I think I heard over 44,000 people left Michigan last year do to the ecomonic hardships. I lost my job a few weeks ago due to the struggles of the automakers. It'll get worse before it gets better.

Is horrible, most of my shopping came from overseas due to it just not being available here.

Cost me over £50 for 3 CD's from Germany yesterday, my poor wallet :(
Am having to be seriously selective about what I get now, which isn't a bad thing. I was just really getting into it :lol

my friend just came from Germany. She got me the new Rasmus CD :rock :rock

The only way the economy has affected me so far is that there has been lay-offs and a hiring freeze at the hospital that I work at that is preventing me from transfering to the IT department. I have been studying very hard for what will be a very healthy promotion for me but it's looking more and more like that may not happen this year.

So....I decided to get a few more certifications under my belt while I wait. Who knows, if I manage not to get layed off (which is probably not going to happen unless things get really, really bad) I might end up with a better paying position than the one I was initialy going for.

Boeing lays off 10,000 employees!
Microsoft is rumored to be nearing 5,000 :horror:horror

Is this new 825 Billion Stimulus Plan ON TOP of the 750 Billion Bail-out?

:confused:

If so:

:monkey4

Unbelievable. They could give each of us like $200,000+ a piece.

That 750$ billion was spent like Monopoly money. What a joke.

We are so screwed.

Unbelievable. They could give each of us like $200,000+ a piece.

That 750$ billion was spent like Monopoly money. What a joke.

We are so screwed.

The economy we have is a FRAUD....print bailout money out of thin air! print print print! 24/7 backed by NOTHING!

This new $800 billion isnt a bailout or a stimulus at all, just a pork-filled massive expansion of government.

This is what the American people asked for. Change is indeed coming. Congratulations, today's passing of the "stimulus" package through congress just bankrupted America. Makes me absolutely f'n sick to my stomach.

This is what the American people asked for. Change is indeed coming. Congratulations, today's passing of the "stimulus" package through congress just bankrupted America. Makes me absolutely f'n sick to my stomach.

I don't know if it is necessarily what the American people asked for as much as I think all politicians are grasping at any hope of saving the American economy from collapse. It took roughly nine years to build up to this point, lots of greed/stupidity, and trillions of dollars in fake credit/assets in the core of the American economy: banks. Banks and investment firms screwed everyone, but I don't know what the alternative to throwing money to them is and I don't think anyone else does either.

It is easy to say, "Let the banks fail." But if that happens, America collapses plain and simple; banks and politicians know that. This is why BofA screwed the politicians and used the initial part of the bailout money to buy other banks when that money was supposed to be used to free up credit/loans. BofA is betting that the government wouldn't let them fail because they are too big.

:rolleyes: Dude, it's only been about 10 days man...

Kibishii has a point too, we can't let the banks fail... Once that happens we are all screwed. This bailout plan that is being put through right now doesn't all go to corporations and the banks, it's going to a multitude of places. But thanks to years of idiot policies, we are in this current situation... so there isn't much other ways to get out. This is simply step one.

I can almost guarantee you that next we will see some "New Deal" style programs being started up. It's really the only logical step I can think of, other than the obvious regulations from the Government on corporations and Wall Street.

All these bailouts bother me. Ford needs bailout money yet can build one of the biggest state of the art car factories.......in Brazil! 1.9 billion dollars!

And they have a commercial out now telling people to buy American cars. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back