Who has a kid under 15 on xbox live?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
My son just joined about a month ago. He is 10 and so far he loves it. I have the parental controls on and I check his messages periodically. I was just wondering who else has a kid on live. So far he is playing CoD 4, Halo 3, and SDvsRaw 2009 online. Maybe we can get them on each other friends list and create a Junior Brotherhood.

My son just joined about a month ago. He is 10 and so far he loves it. I have the parental controls on and I check his messages periodically. I was just wondering who else has a kid on live. So far he is playing CoD 4, Halo 3, and SDvsRaw 2009 online. Maybe we can get them on each other friends list and create a Junior Brotherhood.

There are lots of kids on live. You can tell because they all have filthy mouths and say racial slurs just about every two seconds.

There are lots of kids on live. You can tell because they all have filthy mouths and say racial slurs just about every two seconds.

True but i am sure the people on here who have kids on Live don't let their kids act like that.

Thanks for the prompt derailment of the thread. This is exactly what I was looking to accomplish with this thread.

It's funny, the people who have the WORST mouths, the cursing etc, are the ones who probably are about 10 years old. :lol:lol:lol

The ones I want to slap through the tv.

I think as long as you have continuing conversations about the crap that goes on in live (racial slurs, homophobia, etc) as well as good conversations regarding not giving *any* and I mean *any* (sharing even the most mundane piece of info can build up trust between an attacker and potential victim) personal info out, a young'un can enjoy online gaming just fine.

Also, play with your son frequently, this allows you to check in occasionally to make sure he's practicing good habits and should strengthen your relationship because of shared interest.

That's my 2 cents, fwiw.

From what I hear in this thread, xbox live is a hive of profanity... Not sure I would want my kid wired up to that anyway.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I play a lot of Halo on LIVE and whenever we get kids the language is astonishing. Personally, I wouldn't let a kid under 15 on LIVE, which means they'll probably do it while I'm not at home, but regardless its seriously a tough place. I've heard kids browbeat other players and browbeat other players to the point they suddenly quit from the game or send amazingly long rambling voice messages filled with profanity and racial slurs when they lose. Not to mention anyone who has a gamertag that resembles anything female gets a whole different barage of attacks.

Parental controls are one thing but when he pulls a group in HALO who are teabagging him after killing him I'm sure the explanations of what that is will be an interesting conversation to have. :lol

i agree that most kids on LIVE are really immature. in fact, the same goes for most adults. unless i know the people i'm in the game with i usually turn the mic on and put it on the coffee table so i don't have to listen to them.

From what I hear in this thread, xbox live is a hive of profanity... Not sure I would want my kid wired up to that anyway.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

I have my son set up on a silver account just so he can get updates and buy game add ons using points. He would love to have gold but I told him not until he was 18.:eek:

True but i am sure the people on here who have kids on Live don't let their kids act like that.

I constantly tell Nate he's a d-bag in training. He doesn't curse (cause he can only play on the LR tv so I can see him), but he acts like a little ^^^^ sometimes.

I have Xbox Live and i'm 14. Unlike most of the other gamers, I don't curse - I just play with my friends and have a good time. Just don't let him play games like Halo 3, COD 4 or Gears of War unless you don't care about violence but thats where a lot of the cursers are from. I sometimes play Lego Star Wars...it's sorta kiddish but it's fun playing through the missions that are from the movies. Plus it's co-op so he can play with a friend.

I have Xbox Live and i'm 14. Unlike most of the other gamers, I don't curse - I just play with my friends and have a good time. Just don't let him play games like Halo 3, COD 4 or Gears of War unless you don't care about violence but thats where a lot of the cursers are from. I sometimes play Lego Star Wars...it's sorta kiddish but it's fun playing through the missions that are from the movies. Plus it's co-op so he can play with a friend.

wise beyond your years! I think the choice of game has a lot to do with it. Nate only gets into trouble when he's trying to play a Mature rated game with other grown ups, which is why he's not allowed to play with the brotherhood unless my hubby is there with him to monitor content.

When he's on playing with his own friends, all is well in the world

My little 10 year old brother does. I hear him screaming up crap from the basement. I hope you dont play with him.

i agree that most kids on LIVE are really immature. in fact, the same goes for most adults. unless i know the people i'm in the game with i usually turn the mic on and put it on the coffee table so i don't have to listen to them.

I have it set up so he can only chat with friends and everyone else is muted. I also have it so that i have to approve all friend request received or sent.

Chill out Jon. For the most part it's true. :D
I'm chill. Just had a frustrating morning. My bad.

My daughter is 10 and I let her play Gears with me. She got tired quickly with Viva Pinata. :lol My wife is not overly comfortable with her playing this game with me because of the violence but we talk about it and she understands it's fictional. I turn off the R rated content but I'm not so naive to think she doesn't hear this kind of language at school. All I know is she doesn't use any foul language at home or in front of me. She is well grounded enough to not think because she chainsaws a locust that it's ok to chainsaw a person in real life. :rolleyes: Communication is the key. :lecture. Wrong or right, since Gears is more fictional in nature it somehow is ok for me. For example, I wouldn't let her play GTA if she asked. I know she wouldn't because she's not a gamer, she just likes playing Gears with me. She likes the story and the characters.

However, she doesn't have a gold account. I wouldn't let her play any public matches because there's just too many aholes on there.

I constantly tell Nate he's a d-bag in training. He doesn't curse (cause he can only play on the LR tv so I can see him), but he acts like a little ^^^^ sometimes.

Yeah, what she said. The difference is when I hear HappyMeal do it, I yell at him.

Back