Who else wants to see SS 1/6 Yoda

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would easily pay $200 for an ESB Yoda that is fully articulated, came with multiple head sculpts that demonstrated his various facial expressions that made the puppet seem so alive on screen, and a Luke camping set that included the tray of food and flashlight and a small tree stump.

I wouldn't. I want just Yoda. No interest in the dio stuff. $200 is way too much for even all that you mentioned, in my opinion.

I would want a Yoda. Currently have the kotobukiya and the gentle giant bust. Both I find awesome but not able to articulate..

Maybe the better question is...how much would you pay for a yoda ? Yoda i believe is more popular than the hobbits but id say his price would kill him at the going rates (70-80)?
Its hard enough paying 80 for a full 12" fig, i cant see the masses doing that for one half that size, even if its yoda...

So how many other than me would like to see multiple heads and full articulation?

Well, seeing as ESB yoda only really needs to raise his arm I don't really care much about that but an extra head or two would be cool.

Well, as I remember, he did move around quite a bit for a hand puppet. His facial expressions drove home most of the realism, but the body motions helped sell it as well.

full articulation able you to pose him in various position with his light saber. I like a head with the stern face when he duels with Count...

Well, as I remember, he did move around quite a bit for a hand puppet. His facial expressions drove home most of the realism, but the body motions helped sell it as well.

Yeah, but if its cheaper to make him like Jabba rather than with a "real" body underneath then I am ok with that.

I'm ready for an OT and PT Yoda... I'm very happy with the repainted Medicom version I have from Darkartist, but I think the sculpt could have been better. As EF mentioned he's kind of too frail looking.

Let me phrase it another way. How many think that the PT Yoda warrants articulation? And if so, they might as well use that same body for ESB Yoda, as it will spread production costs.

This has always been my favorite image of Yoda. I would kill for a PF like this.

yoda.jpg

Yeah, but if its cheaper to make him like Jabba rather than with a "real" body underneath then I am ok with that.

I agree. I'll take minimal articulation in a trade off for a lower price.

Let me phrase it another way. How many think that the PT Yoda warrants articulation? And if so, they might as well use that same body for ESB Yoda, as it will spread production costs.

PT Yoda would benefit from added articulation based on the fact that he actually fights in two of the films. But I wouldn't need 30 points of articulation in a 3 1/2 inch figure. Basic articulation would suffice. ESB Yoda would basically have two renditions:

1. The pose below, posted by Darth Waller.

2. Eyes closed, one arm outstretched, as he lifts the X-wing out of the swamp muck.

This has always been my favorite image of Yoda. I would kill for a PF like this.

yoda.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

Hell yeah, I don't buy many Sideshow 12" figures (I only have 4) but this is one I would definitely get. He's iconic.

I want a Yoda PF, except I think it'd be better if they made it in like 1:2 scale instead of 1:4 so its technically not a PF I guess.

I agree. I'll take minimal articulation in a trade off for a lower price.

PT Yoda would benefit from added articulation based on the fact that he actually fights in two of the films. But I wouldn't need 30 points of articulation in a 3 1/2 inch figure. Basic articulation would suffice. ESB Yoda would basically have two renditions:

1. The pose below, posted by Darth Waller.

2. Eyes closed, one arm outstretched, as he lifts the X-wing out of the swamp muck.

:rock :rock :rock

the only problem is, basic articulation in yoda, like jabba, sets a prescident for sideshow. Limiting the articulation on one means they would likely do it on both, whereas making a nicly articulated "mini-body" and using it for multiple releases ( Yoda, Wicket, Ugnaughts, jawas, etc) means a lower price overall. A 1-off body, that is static, like jabba would likely be 120ish, whereas a recyclable body would probobly be in the 70-80 range.
Personaly, I'm not too miffed on Price, and am not enterested in saving money. if that were the case, I'd just stick with the Hasbro one. I want the best representation of OT yoda in 1/6th scale, with articulation to match. He needs to e able to sit, stand, point, sulk, fight, even do handstands if i so wished. PT, OT, dosn't matter. if all I wanted were your suggested poses, I'd just get the medi, It can more or less do those.

No, sorry, Yoda needs his 30-40 points of articulation inorder to get the expressiveness of seeming "alive" that the puppet had. no Statue will EVER beable to capture that, no matter how "realistic" they look.

I would want to see full articulation with multiple heads as suggested. I would want him in saber duels or poseable in various Yoda ways. If the AotC one came with the Jedi Council chair that would be a bonus. I can see SS making this figure in the very near future. I'd even go as far to say that they have a prototype somewhere already done. I'm a Yoda fanboy and can't wait for this to come out. I do like the enviroment idea posted but like to see it sold as an optional enviroment and not come with the figure.

Back