Who do you consider to be the "core" GI Joe/Cobra team members?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snake Eyes
Duke
Road Block
Scarlett
Flint

Cobra Commander
Destro
Baroness
Storm Shadow
Zartan

Favorite "non-core" members: Tunnel Rat and Firefly

I've always like Tunnel Rat as well.

One of my favorites. I just didn't like his cowboy boots. I always thought that was kinda weird. :lol Since his shirt was the same color as outback's pants, they got swapped for a more realistic look. The gray cammo matched his bandanna, do rag and face cammo perfectly and the flashlight accessory was more accurate for his role/namesake! :D

One of my favorites. I just didn't like his cowboy boots. I always thought that was kinda weird. :lol Since his shirt was the same color as outback's pants, they got swapped for a more realistic look. The gray cammo matched his bandanna, do rag and face cammo perfectly and the flashlight accessory was more accurate for his role/namesake! :D

As much as I loved the Tunnel Rat figure, my biggest problem with him was his over-sized machine gun & backpack...Tunnel Rat supposed to be a sneaky individual...He would have had a small pack and maybe an Uzi or MP 5...

Tunnel Rat was definitely my favorite thing to come out of the "movie." The idea for Chuckles is cool (he definitely looks like a CIA guy), but wasn't he a mute in the cartoon for some reason? I never cared for him as a kid.

As much as I loved the Tunnel Rat figure, my biggest problem with him was his over-sized machine gun & backpack...Tunnel Rat supposed to be a sneaky individual...He would have had a small pack and maybe an Uzi or MP 5...

I never really cared much. The weapons were traded back and forth anyway. I think mine ended up with Falcon's shotgun. I wanted to give him a 1911, especially after seeing Platoon (Elias' tunnel rat scene), but the damn figures couldn't hold them straight.

Who do you consider to be the core members of each team's roster? What makes them "core"?

Usually the debut figures are considered the core line but only a few members from the original 1982 line-up are icons. Destro, Zartan, Storm Shadow, Firefly, Flint, Lady Jaye all came several years into the line. Who's your core line-up?

For me it'd probably be:

Snake Eyes
Duke
Hawk
Scarlett
Flint

Cobra Commander
Destro
Baroness
Storm Shadow
Zartan

Favorite "non-core" members: Beach Head and Firefly.

For the most part, I agree with this. I am probably going to confuse myself, but when I think 'core,' I am divided by the action figure line and the cartoon. For the action figure line, I would have to replace Baroness with Firefly; for the cartoon, I would have to add Roadblock and Major Bludd.

I remember being a kid, and the action figures we would all argue about would be Firefly, Stormshadow, Snakeeyes, and Flint.

Favorite "non-core" members: Tunnel Rat and Firefly
:clap

Tunnel Rat ROCKED!

GI Joe:
  • Duke
  • Flint
  • Lady Jaye
  • Snake Eyes
  • Scarlet
  • Stalker
  • Bazooka
  • Shipwreck
  • Roadblock
  • Torpedo

Cobra:
  • Cobra Commander
  • Destro
  • Baroness
  • Zartan
  • The Crimson Twins
  • Major Bludd
oops, forgot Stalker.

Even though I like a lot more other secondary characters, I believe:
JOE:
Snake Eyes
Stalker Scarlett
Duke
Hawk
Gung Ho
Roadblock
Shipwreck
Flint
Lady Jaye

Cobra:
Destro (not really cobra but affiliates with them)
Cobra Commander
Baroness
Tomax/Xamot
Storm Shadow
Maj Bludd

I would say Zartan but he is a Dreadnok and not a member of Cobra

smaller core group mainly because Cobra hires mercenaries and has a buttload of awesome troopers.

I hope we see a Firefly soon he is my favorite.

I remember being a kid, and the action figures we would all argue about would be Firefly, Stormshadow, Snakeeyes, and Flint.

:clap

Tunnel Rat ROCKED!

I remember hating playing with friends who chose Stormshadow. I was always the realist with Snake Eyes while they always had Stormshadow jumping like 4ft in the air (that's like 96ft in their scale!) :lol.

As far as core goes, here it is for me

Joes
Lady Jaye
Flint
Hawk
Duke
Snake Eyes
Scarlette
Stalker
Shipwreck

Cobra
Cobra Commander