Who collects Predator or AVP Comics?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playafree

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering who collects/reads the comics for Predator and AVP? I'm trying to get all of the comics from ebay and i'm about half way done. I'm reading the Predator Comic series right now and i like how the some of them reference Dutch. Kinda cool :)

Last edited:
I do :)

dsc01572ql4.jpg

I don't collect the comics, but I do the graphic novels. I love the fact that Dark Horse have been doing the Omnibus series. Have 1-4 Aliens, 1-3 Predator, 1-2 Aliens vs Predator, 1-2 Terminator.

I really wouldn't bother with Tarzan vs Predator. It's awfull *lol*

Personal favourite is the first Batman vs Predator

The first one is fantastic the others are enjoyable but you get the feeling they're just milking it. But the first one 100% get it, the artworks stunning as well. It won an Eisner award

The first one is fantastic the others are enjoyable but you get the feeling they're just milking it. But the first one 100% get it, the artworks stunning as well. It won an Eisner award
Sweet! I've always wondered if that was a good series..

I have been picking up the Aliens, Predator and AVP OMNIBUS Trades by Dark Horse. Some stories are really well done...some aren't, but it definitely is cool to see the different takes on some of favorite movie monsters.

The first few Predator stories featured Detective John Schaefer (I believe it's John) in the NYPD looking into clues about his missing brother. As you can imagine, Det. Schaefer is essentially bad-@$$ Arnold as a cop.... diving through walls, punching people around, going headfirst into gunfire and going hand-to-hand against the Predator.

The story is SOMEWHAT similar to Predator 2...complete with rival gangs, comments about the "extremely hot summer", not to mention the city setting.

I've got some comics, I'm not REALLY all about them, but I do enjoy hunting around for some time to time. My favorite artist of all time working on any of the comics is Alex Maleev.

Edit: Thought I'd throw this up, three comic novelizations (alternate covers) from Czechoslovakia (I believe), thought maybe some members here hadn't ever seen them. Enjoy!

140dfky.jpg

Last edited:
I have been picking up the Aliens, Predator and AVP OMNIBUS Trades by Dark Horse. Some stories are really well done...some aren't, but it definitely is cool to see the different takes on some of favorite movie monsters.

The first few Predator stories featured Detective John Schaefer (I believe it's John) in the NYPD looking into clues about his missing brother. As you can imagine, Det. Schaefer is essentially bad-@$$ Arnold as a cop.... diving through walls, punching people around, going headfirst into gunfire and going hand-to-hand against the Predator.

The story is SOMEWHAT similar to Predator 2...complete with rival gangs, comments about the "extremely hot summer", not to mention the city setting.
Det Schaefer is def a bad ass in the comics.. Just like Dutch! it seems that he can't escape the Predators! haha.. He's always pulled into the line of fire..

I can't wait to read about Machiko..I hope she's as bad a$$ as i've heard about.

I'm also curious if any these comics have a Elder predator at all in these stories..

Is that one predator named "Broken Tusk" ( i think that's his name ) in any of these comics?

Det Schaefer is def a bad ass in the comics.. Just like Dutch! it seems that he can't escape the Predators! haha.. He's always pulled into the line of fire..

I can't wait to read about Machiko..I hope she's as bad a$$ as i've heard about.

I'm also curious if any these comics have a Elder predator at all in these stories..

Is that one predator named "Broken Tusk" ( i think that's his name ) in any of these comics?

Yup, the original AVP ones, with Machiko. -- And yes, she was badass!

Hi all,

I was just wondering who collects/reads the comics for Predator and AVP? I'm trying to get all of the comics from ebay and i'm about half way done. I'm reading the Predator Comic series right now and i like how the some of them reference Dutch. Kinda cool :)
i have most, if not all of them... 200 or so if you count all the crossovers.
out of those, maybe 6 are worth reading. even those aren't great.
they mostly exist for fans of the franchise(s) and basically amount to fan fiction.
it's not like star trek/wars where there's an "official" canonized mythos so the comics end up contradicting/ignoring all the others.

that said, they're still better than the avp movies so far.
________
Ybr 125

Last edited:
I DO!!! In fact I got the issues of both A&P and AvP and all the Omnibuses + Terminator ones, which are fantastic and worth the money, even as a collection.

Back