Who can we expect in the LOTR line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anti-hero

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sure this has been gone over several times but I've tried very hard to ignore this line and only recently broke down and bought in. So I was wondering what types of figures we'll be getting in the 12" line. Will we see Orcs? Will we see any book only characters? Will we see larger characters/creatures like with Jabba in SW (fell beast comes to mind)?

We'll definetely see the obvious characters such Gandalf the Grey and White, Saruman, a Nazgul, and the rest of the fellowship. I would really like to see Eomer and Theoden as well. As for any figs the scale of Jabba, the Fell Beast, Shelob, Gwahir, and maybe even horses would be nice. I am not sure what kind of book characters we'd get. There's plenty of important ones to choose from that PJ left out in the movies. Glorfindel, Gildor, Farmer Maggo (with his dogs), and Tom Babidil are some of the ones that come to mind.

how are they going to do the hobbits? does this mean SS will have to make 6" bodies?

TOE said:
how are they going to do the hobbits? does this mean SS will have to make 6" bodies?

Exactly. Plus those bodies will be reused for "Jawas", Dwarves, children, etc. It's a no-brainer design that should have been done long ago.

As for what to expect, I'm hoping for the Fellowship Nine, Bilbo, Theoden, Eomer, Orcs, Uruk-Hai and Elrond. The list is endless. We could eventually even get Proudfeet ear-picker! :monkey3

TOE said:
Well, aparantly they're working on new bodies for the smaller characters. I hope they can make them small enough, yet at the same time also "flexible."

carbo-fation said:
...I am not sure what kind of book characters we'd get. There's plenty of important ones to choose from that PJ left out in the movies. Glorfindel, Gildor, Farmer Maggo (with his dogs), and Tom Babidil are some of the ones that come to mind.

I don't think we will see any "book" characters. I believe this line is based solely on the movie, but I could be wrong...

That's too bad. I've always wanted to see what Radagast the Brown would have looked like in the films. He's a very minor character, and while a simple man, Gandalf seems to have a great deal of respect for his sincerity and honest nature. I dunno, he just sounds like a great guy. And he's a wizard. :cool:

Of course, now that I have my beautifully crafted Faramir on the way, I'm kind of ambivalent towards the line; not that I've lost interest, but that I'm up for anything now. I just hope the Fellowship is complete before I graduate from college.
:rolleyes:

carbo-fation said:
We'll definetely see the obvious characters such Gandalf the Grey and White, Saruman, a Nazgul, and the rest of the fellowship. I would really like to see Eomer and Theoden as well. As for any figs the scale of Jabba, the Fell Beast, Shelob, Gwahir, and maybe even horses would be nice. I am not sure what kind of book characters we'd get. There's plenty of important ones to choose from that PJ left out in the movies. Glorfindel, Gildor, Farmer Maggo (with his dogs), and Tom Babidil are some of the ones that come to mind.

Glorfindel was the one I had in mind too. I'm also wondering how they'd do the orcs/uruks. I'd really hate to not at least get one Moria Orc, one Uruk, and one Mordor Orc.

anti-hero said:
Glorfindel was the one I had in mind too. I'm also wondering how they'd do the orcs/uruks. I'd really hate to not at least get one Moria Orc, one Uruk, and one Mordor Orc.

I am sure Sideshow will do some Orcs and Uruk-hai. The LOTR line will definetely not be complete without a few of these. I'd imagine people want more than one of each for their collection, just like some SW fans want more than one Storm Trooper for their collection or display. As to how they're going to pull of Orcs and Uruk-hai, I have no idea. I am sure they'll figure something out.....I hope!:eek:

The Fellowship in both formats, Theoden, Eomer, Nazgul, Orcs, Uruks, Arwen, Galadriel, Halidar, etc.

Since the elven cloaks have been 2 of the exclusives should we assume the rest of the fellowship will get them as exclusives too? In the SW line they've promised not to re-use any of the exc accessories...guess that doesn't apply here.

With the pace of this line, I'd be surprised to see any non-movie characters. I'd expect every character that had a few lines to get made at some point. I am really hoping SS WOWs us with the new 'small' body at Toy Fair. But I said the same thing for last year's SDCC.

We'll also get army characters like Gondorian soldiers, Elven warriors, and orcs/Uruks.

As for large creatures, never say never. SS set the bar pretty damn high with Jabba and I'd say nothing is off limits.

I'm just hoping for Hobbits... even though it will be 3 or 5 years before we get them. :(

Until then we'll get the wizards.. and suck. I can't imagine we get Gimli any time soon either. (2010) :monkey2 espeacially at the rate these guys come out.

All I would get from the movies would be the Fellowship, Faramir, Wizards, Eowyn, Eomer, Arwen, and Elrond....But a nice balrog would be nice :emperor :emperor

Well we got ONE figure in '06.

We order Legolas almost a full year ago(02-17-2006) and still no word on him.

But we should get at the very least 3 figures in '07. Legolas, Boromir & Faramir.

So that 4 figues in 2 years!

At that rate, it could take as much as 3 to 4 years to have just the Fellowship in hand. So I would expect only MAJOR characters from the films. Possibly not even ventureing into characters like Eomer, Thoeden & Eowyn. Its really hard to say were SS is gonna go with this line, and how many years they plan and having it?

At such a slow pace, intrest could drop, figures start to sell slower and and slower and then BOOM, no more LOTR 12" line.

The license is with New Line - I wouldn't expect or want any non-film characters. There are so many cool figures to do that I can't imagine them doing enough to make everyone happy.

Captain Aldeggon said:
That's too bad. I've always wanted to see what Radagast the Brown would have looked like in the films. He's a very minor character, and while a simple man, Gandalf seems to have a great deal of respect for his sincerity and honest nature. I dunno, he just sounds like a great guy. And he's a wizard. :cool:

Of course, now that I have my beautifully crafted Faramir on the way, I'm kind of ambivalent towards the line; not that I've lost interest, but that I'm up for anything now. I just hope the Fellowship is complete before I graduate from college.
:rolleyes:

Actually you can see what Radagast would have looked like.

WETA created a number of "Book Cards" for the Decipher Trading Card Game including Tom Bombadil, Goldberry and Radagast.

In the case of Radagast WETA had already made a costume as he was meant to appear in the background at one point (presumably the Council of Elrond).

For the Card shoot they also got the guy who was going to play Radagast in the films so the final card picture is as authentic as could be without actually being from the films.

Article on the "Book Cards"
https://www.decipher.com/content/2004/04/040504lotrwetafalconer.html

Radagast the Brown Card
https://lotrtcg.fanhq.com/TCG/Card.aspx?gameID=7&cardID=3567

COOL!!!!! That's such a great looking character, too bad they didn't use him in the film! I would love to see him at some point, after the fellowship (yeah yeah I know "but there are so many other characters to make first. So what? He's a WIZARD!!!).

With the slowness of this line, don't expect anyone who isn't on screen. I expect to get all major characters, the Hobbits will be done, SSC already confirmed they are working on small bodies for Hobbits and Dwarves that will definitely be reused in various other lines. Eomer, Thoeden & Eowyn will be done because they are too connected to the plot and will display nicely. As for larger characters, I expect to see a Sauron in the same fashion as Jabba, not very articulated and such and I'm hoping to see some horses as well. Shadowfax would display great with Gandalf and Bill would look nice next to the eventual Sam...

Back