Who actually liked 95' Batman Forever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you like/enjoy Batman Forever?

• yes

Votes: 192 53.9%
  • no

Votes: 164 46.1%

• Total voters
:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

I don't really remember the movie much and don't really want to watch it again, but I don't remember him being in it at all. :lol

UM OOP'S brain fart i meant tommy lee jones not keitel ... ha ha those two could be brothers ...either way good actors can only do so much ...:lol

WOW...this thread has a lot people at each others throats. Its a movie guys ...it was okay at best and that's it. Some people like it and others didn't at all but, that's okay its an opinion and nothing more. I personally thought it was okay but, still enjoy it for whats it worth. Now it seems to me that everyone agrees that B&R was a total disaster but, we all know the reason why.

WOW! I just read the last couple of pages in this thread. The question that quickly comes to mind is,

Do people realized the difference between an opinion and a fact? Its scarey to think that ANY ONE PERSON is the last word on something like the rating of a movie.:cuckoo:

WOW! I just read the last couple of pages in this thread. The question that quickly comes to mind is,

Do people realized the difference between an opinion and a fact? Its scarey to think that ANY ONE PERSON is the last word on something like the rating of a movie.:cuckoo:

welcome to the freaks board.................:wave

:lol

I know that its like that. But I am always amazed. Its sad for anyone to take something fun and crap all over it. What is the purpose?

ah don't let anyone on this board get you down, like what you like with no regrets & ____ whatever anyone else says. works for me.........:lol

ah don't let anyone on this board get you down, like what you like with no regrets & ____ whatever anyone else says. works for me.........:lol

I don't. I look at things the same way you do. This is an escape from reality for me. Although I am a musician and I like my reality.

It must be a full moon tonight. There are two other thread on this board that got pretty heated and serious a few hours ago. REALLY went way too far.

Just looking at the screen grabs of those two videos I can tell that dude is an annoying ______ and that his opinion is WROOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNG.

:lol

Yeah, I know. But this is what you can expect from most of those hard-com-lovers.

Also I agree with 50% of what he said.

What's so bad and embarrassing about Batman Returns?

It was campy just like the 60's television show (which BTW, I love) only much darker in a Tim Burton sort of way. All the comic book fans wanted a serious take on Batman and got it in '89 but Burton did a 180 and went back to camp with Returns: "kitty litter", raised by penguins, penquins carrying Penguin to his watery grave, it was ridiculous and terrible. The Penguin is a very uninteresting character to begin with so to make him more interesting they made him grotesque and vile. The scene where he controls the Batmobile via a mini kiddie version he's sitting on is pathetic. If that was Burgess Meredith in the 60's it would've worked, not so here. And every male packed wood for Pfeiffer's Catwoman but I didn't find her character interesting at all. I could go on but I'm afraid I don't remember much more about the movie except being very disappointed in Returns especially after what we got in '89. And '89 wasn't perfect but still a decent, fun film.

BB

Yeah, I know. But this is what you can expect from most of those hard-com-lovers.

Also I agree with 50% of what he said.

Just 50%? No disrespect to anyone that liked the movie...IMO he was spot on about all his issues with the movie and I can't refute anything he criticized about it. It is a wacky movie

But movies are escapism from reality and this movie definitely escapes from it!

I liked it enough at the time but even then I thought it was a big drop off from the first two.

Tim Burton movies tend to have a timeless quality due to their slight removal from the real world ....eg his Batman movies are in some weird reality mix of modern day and 1940s gothic noir.
I can still watch the first two any time.

I couldn't stomach Forever when I saw it again a few years ago.

I loved it as a kid and can still watch it and still enjoy it.
Hate Kilmer as batman though.
The way his face looks in the mask has always bothered me.:rotfl

tumblr_llkvsqq7uI1qamfc4.jpg

Back