which vader should i get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re

Any martial artist or swordmaster would tell you it's not a good idea to have a wide stance!! :D :p Apart from the legs being too far apart, the detail looks great!

Re: re

Yes Gaz, this is the best Vader out there. The floating cape look was a genius choice, the legs looks just fine for me, but this is a prototype so the final version may be different.

The SS Vader, is a different kind of product, it has real clothes so it's not exactly a statue, but looks great, I have one on order and still don't know if I'll keep it or not. I want to see the final product.

I had the first Koto Vader but sold it. It's nice, but definitely not the same quality as those mentioned above, looks more like a big action figure. it's made of plastic and you have to fit the body parts together, I would save the money for a better version.

For me there is no comparison as the SSC Vader is mixed media which I prefer far above just a regular statue. And as I don't have any of the other SW items from other companies, starting a SW collection fresh with SSC product just feels right to me.

Look at the revised Vader sculpt from Josh's Fantacular pic thread here:

p078.ezboard.com/fsidesho...21&stop=40

The mask now has one silver tusk, the helmet is lower on the brow, the proportions are right, and the lightsaber handle has been changed. SS obviously listened to the fans and changed their Vader for the better.:clap The only thing that I don't like is the left-handed grip, but I need to watch the film again to see if that is accurate. I can't wait for this! Bring on the Grievous announcement tomorrow! (*crosses fingers*)

interesting, well i'm the type of collector who doesnt put items from different companies together, like i cant put gentle giant with sideshow or weta with neca or so....

i think the gentle giant is a good choice considering their top quality stuff, i saw the chewy statue and the 3cpo and the looked amazing, and from these pictures i'm sure vader will look amazing.

damn it it's hard to resist collecting. i had to sell 3/4 of my lord of the rings collectin, and i dont wanna spend that money on star wars statues..:p i need to buy me a car, and find me a job this summer..

re

The SS Vader, is a different kind of product, it has real clothes so it's not exactly a statue, but looks great, I have one on order and still don't know if I'll keep it or not. I want to see the final product.

Likewise...and this is Vader from Ep4...next'll come the Ep5 and 6 version...then the Ep3 chargrilled variant. :thud We have seen the variations already come forth as exclusives, imagine what they'll do with this guy. You could end up spending almost $1000 on Vader figures alone...and that's before the likes of Boba Fett...and other principal characters. You only have to look at the number of Hasbro figures there are in circulation to know that you'll need a sugardaddy to fund a collection like this. OMG. :\ This will work out more expensive than collecting polystone pieces from LOTR. :lol

I don't feel like I need to be a Vader completist - maybe this one and then one from Ep. 3 eventually. But I'm hoping they concentrate on the other characters first before revisiting anyone.

IMO the attakus Vader 1 is beautiful, but too expensive and the Vader2 statue looks as if he belongs in Fat Joe's " Lean back" video. I don't like the SS vader at all the mixed media just makes it seem like a doll to me, I passed on him. The GG vader to me is awesome even though I think the boots look weird to me, but after having many busts and the Dewback statue I know GG won't dissapoint. I like the new Koyb. Vader but I can't bring myself to pay $100 for a plastic statue.

Re: Re: re

the side show one is in my top list but only if the price falls down a bit, i would like to get one for $275 or so, but nothing more than $300.

I really really doubt you will find one for that price when it is released. If you have or will own a Sideshow 1/4 you will know that these are far from just oversize dolls.
I would take a 1/4 over a statue any day and I only own one 1/4 at this time. Having them mix media adds so much more life to them then just a regular statue. And to me I think Sideshow's Star Wars 1/4 will be the highlight of my collection.

i dont doubt the quality of gentle giant, their product are as good as weta products. (i have vader-yoda-bobba busts and they are amazing)

Here's an idea: sell the Vader bust. It's WAY overpriced right now and goes for over $400. You can then get the SS Vader or the GG Vader. If you get the GG Vader, then you'll have about $250 left in your pocket. The bust is basically the statue cut in half anyway. Why not just sell the bust and get one of the two superior statues + $$$?

If you must have another Vader bust, then GG is coming out with one later this year for about $50. He'll have his lightsaber drawn, and it supposedly looks superior to the current bust.

lol elwood, actually thats what i was exactly thinking about, actually i'm waiting for the movie and then i'll sell vader bust for a good price, hek i might even sell yoda and probably boba fett. i like statues more than busts, and no i dont need a bust and a statue. a good statue is enough.

so i guess i'll go with gentle giant, good price, good size and great quality.

I like the Kotobukiya vader. I think it has a very dynamic pose compared to the others. I would prefer the SS Vader over them all because of the scale, but the pose is boring as hell. He's been done to death with static poses for too long IMO.

I think Im going to try to get the GG Vader also does anybody know a trusted dealer who still has them up for pre order?

Thanks

mmm i loove the idea-pose but is it me or does his arm look shorter than normal. i trust gentle giant would make a perfect statue, like the sandtrooper and the bikerider. but vader seems to have some mistakes in him, his arm and leg are kinda short.

Back