Which three would you keep?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we wiping the ones we don't pick out of existence entirely - i.e - such that we never saw them? Or is it just a scenario where we are never allowed to watch them again? :lol

Probably the latter. But eventually our memories fade so it might as well be the former.

Well, no problem dropping Captain Marvel and Black Panther. Even GOTG I wouldn't mind all that much, I never enjoyed it quite as much as other people.

But Iron Man started it all and Winter Soldier cemented Captain America where some may have doubted him beforehand. Ragnarok meanwhile was just a blast from start to finish (for me, I know some hate it)

[...]
But Iron Man started it all and Winter Soldier cemented Captain America where some may have doubted him beforehand. Ragnarok meanwhile was just a blast from start to finish (for me, I know some hate it)

Ragnarok falls into GOTG territory for me ... a great time, but super oddball and not what immediately comes to mind for me when I think of the MCU.

Didn't enjoy GOTG vol. 2 -- felt forced.

If I was marathoning them I'm sure I'd have fun with all of them as tends to be the case with TV shows aswell - individual episodes that disappointed you on first airing are fine in context of the whole season - you don't dwell on the shortcomings because you're going straight on into the next one as opposed to having to wait a week - or months/years in the case of movies.

That said they usually don't improve to the point of going all the way up in your rankings so yes, the likes of GOTG2 will always remain near the bottom of my MCU list as it was when I first saw it. 'Forced' is the right word

As much as I love all of the movies on that list (to varying degrees), the three Avengers' films would have to be the ones I would keep.

Ragnarok falls into GOTG territory for me ... a great time, but super oddball and not what immediately comes to mind for me when I think of the MCU.

Yes, you wouldn't want it to be your sole representation of Thor (at least, I wouldn't). The only reason they got away with it was because the first two were serious.

Honestly , both other Thor movies are terrible......

Rag is the only one I can rewatch without falling asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guardians, Panther, and Endgame. Iron man we have 2 and 3, Cap we have 1 and civil which are all great, Thor movies all suck even though rag is mucho fun but he is predominantly in the avengers movies and ever even more so in Endgame, no one cares about Sjw Carols...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Guardians, Panther, and Endgame. Iron man we have 2 and 3, Cap we have 1 and civil which are all great, Thor movies all suck even though rag is mucho fun but he is predominantly in the avengers movies and ever even more so in Endgame, no one cares about Sjw Carols...

I hadn't actually considered you could keep all other MCU movies too. This changes things...

Guardians really is a perfect demonstration of the Marvel formula at work -- without clouding judgment with an iconic lead character.

Winter Soldier is the only Marvel movie that felt grounded (at least until the super climax). That scene with Fury in his car is perfect, the bunker, the brilliantly choreographed street fight, the elevator....

And Infinity War is just an amazing rollercoaster ride that has almost no down time and ends with the ultimate cliff-hanger. And juggling 24 characters like that is an impressive feat in its own right. I still think it is the most re-watchable of the MCU.

Yes, yes and yes. Although the original IM edged out IW for me. Other than 1989 Batman there isn?t any comic book movie that captivated me as much as Iron Man.

Avengers, it's a great movie and for me was the first one that really captured the feel of the Marvel comics I loved as a kid

Guardians Of The Galaxy, I love Chris Claremont, John Byrne and Terry Austin's mini series, so this version of Peter Quill should have been an anathema to me. However the madness of Gunn turned it into one of my favourites.

Infinity War, an incredible epic, with a lot of pathos and superb handling of multiple plot lines and characters. Pity they dropped the ball with Endgame, but Infinity War remains an absolute standout.

Back