Which statues to get signed by The Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eternal_D

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I have a few statues I want to get signed by Stan Lee when he comes to a local collectible show next weekend. I already have 2 picked out, and I think I want to get another 2 or 3 signed. Help me decide which ones!!
The two I'm getting signed for sure is the Hulk PF and Spider Man comiquette, the poll is other statues I'm considering.

So I have a few statues I want to get signed by Stan Lee when he comes to a local collectible show next weekend. I already have 2 picked out, and I think I want to get another 2 or 3 signed. Help me decide which ones!!
The two I'm getting signed for sure is the Hulk PF and Spider Man comiquette, the poll is other statues I'm considering.

Where's the poll?

Thor PF
Captain America PF
Bowen Museum Thor
Silver Surfer comiquette

Other suggestions welcome.

Thor PF
Captain America PF
Bowen Museum Thor
Silver Surfer comiquette

Other suggestions welcome.

That's a good list. I would try to get them all signed. I had Stan sign 8 statues last year at WW Chicago. It would really be hard to cut down your list if I was in your shoes. The biggest problem is that there is no guarantees Stan will make it to another Con in the coming years. I would make every effort to try and get them all signed. IMO, the Cap PF would be the only other piece I would make sure he signs. Of the other pieces you have listed, I would go with the Thor PF, Silver Surfer Com, then BD action Thor in that order.

Good luck making your decision. Those pieces are all very worthy of Stan's sig.

Thor PF. I wouldn't get Cap signed because I don't think Stan Lee created him.

He didn't. However, he brought him into the modern era. Every single Cap story we read today is because of the fact that the Avengers found and thawed out Cap. I'd say that's very significant and deserves his signature.

For the record, Stan didn't create Thor, Loki, or Odin either. Those are Norse Gods. He just took them and gave them a Marvel twist. Just like the Greek Gods, Hercules, Zeus, etc... These Gods were around and worshipped far before Stan was ever born.

Of the characters on his list, the Silver Surfer is the only one he actually created. Of course, he did have a little help in the visual department.

Besides, Cap is cooler than Thor. :wink1:

Last edited:
Any Marvel character is worth having Stan's signature on. When someone mentions Marvel, Stan Lee always comes to mind.

Any Marvel character is worth having Stan's signature on. When someone mentions Marvel, Stan Lee always comes to mind.

For the most part. There are some characters he really has nothing to do with though. He didn't create many of the modern X-MEN. I wouldn't get a Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm, Gambit, or Colossus piece signed by him. It just wouldn't make any sense to me to have those characters signed by him. That's just my take on it.

For the most part. There are some characters he really has nothing to do with though. He didn't create many of the modern X-MEN. I wouldn't get a Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm, Gambit, or Colossus piece signed by him. It just wouldn't make any sense to me to have those characters signed by him. That's just my take on it.

Ya, that's what I thought too. Shoot...now you want me to get like all my CA and Thor and SS statues signed. :gah:

now as far as bringing all these bases...any suggestions? I assume I need some kind of rolling device and some towels...

Ya, that's what I thought too. Shoot...now you want me to get like all my CA and Thor and SS statues signed. :gah:

now as far as bringing all these bases...any suggestions? I assume I need some kind of rolling device and some towels...

Yep. I used both. I had a VIP pass because of all the statues I wanted signed and because I wanted a photo op with the legend. That made getting all my bases signed very easy, I didn't have to wait in the long lines. However, if you are getting only a couple of pieces signed by him it's not worth the VIP pass IMHO.

I used towels for my smaller bases, art boxes for my big ones (think Spidey Com) and packed them all into a suitcase that had rollers on it. I was in and out of line a bunch.:lol It was worth all the trouble. You'll understand once you do it. It was an incredible experience that I will never forget.

I would get only hulk, spidey, and thor signed imo. With that said, see you at the show next weekend :wave

Back