Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Them not being in their "Fellowship of the Ring" outfits has never bothered me. I'm pretty sure I've repeated this a lot over the years but the outfits DID NOT make them the Fellowship. It was their actions that made them them The Fellowship, and even after they all went through their various adventures after the death of Boromir they still acted as The Fellowship. Gandalf even says it at the end of Return of the King with "Here at the edge of the Sea comes the end of our Fellowship." So for me at least and other it's not the outfits but what they did that makes them The Fellowship.

uh uh, i actually have to agree with josh on this one. Not as hardcore as some of you who can recite elvish. But to me it's always the characters who made up the fellowship, not the clothing they were wearing at the ceremony or whatever, and their clothing are all pretty ordinary anyway we are not talking about darth vader missing his suit here...

Each of the statue represent a critical moment during the movie for the characters - frozen in time. Which is perfect and i love it. And the statues depict each of those characters extremely well (except arwen's face until i had her repainted) there is no mistaken identity here.... So dont see a problem at all, just want merry & pippin.

edit: err ops 5 pages later, i see we have moved on already...

Last edited:
Its too late. We are 18 months from Tolkiendom beginning the inevitable slide away from Hollywood for good. Without any major motion picture franchise to back it up pop culture stuff won't have much support and I already feel that the Hobbit has less ooomph than the LOTR trilogy had. Now it could be I am 10 years older or the world is more cynical but everyone seemed into the original trilogy, not so much today.

Its too late. We are 18 months from Tolkiendom beginning the inevitable slide away from Hollywood for good. Without any major motion picture franchise to back it up pop culture stuff won't have much support and I already feel that the Hobbit has less ooomph than the LOTR trilogy had. Now it could be I am 10 years older or the world is more cynical but everyone seemed into the original trilogy, not so much today.

Well said...and my feelings are very similar. Personally, I was much more 'invested' in LOTR than I have been in The Hobbit. Not sure why really, but if i'm honest...I guess I liked the LOTR books better and that is why I gravitated to it. The Hobbit book wasn't as good to me nor as the well thought out and refined as the LOTR trilogy.

I guess the main problem I have with The Hobbit is that there is no real BAD GUY...yeah, there's Smaug, yeah, there's the Necromancer...but it is all sort of shadowy and grey. With LOTR we had a DEFINITIVE bad guy to root against and rally our Fellowship around.

Man...I don't know...I guess times have changed and folks are losing interest in FANTASY..??!!

Bill was Octopus food:(....JK...I think:pray:...It would ve been cool if the Watcher took the ring from Frodo and stuck it on a tentacle...Sauron and Saruman afterwards wouldve brought some nets/spears and fishing rods as fast as they could before Galadriam/Rohan and Gondor brought their fishing equipment...It wouldve been like a Bass masters tournament in middle earth:lol

Actually in the book Bill made it back to Bree and Sam met him again on his way home when passing back through Bree

Not for me

If anything, it's been as popular as it's ever been and growing in popularity, beginning with LOTR, continued by Harry Potter and now by Game of Thrones

I think people just lose interest more quickly these days. Look at how fast movies go from theater to Blu-Ray/DVD. I remember when summer blockbusters were a big deal ALL summer. Iron Man 3 seems to be a thing of the past already, at least in the eyes of the general public. In the technological age we live in, things seem to be moving at such a faster pace that we don't seem to stop and enjoy things as much and then we are ready for the next!

I think people just lose interest more quickly these days. Look at how fast movies go from theater to Blu-Ray/DVD. I remember when summer blockbusters were a big deal ALL summer. Iron Man 3 seems to be a thing of the past already, at least in the eyes of the general public. In the technological age we live in, things seem to be moving at such a faster pace that we don't seem to stop and enjoy things as much and then we are ready for the next!

:exactly: :goodpost:

No new Maquettes? We had Frodo and Sam last year correct? Surely Sideshow has something up their sleeve for this year...

No new Maquettes? We had Frodo and Sam last year correct? Surely Sideshow has something up their sleeve for this year...

All other licenses and no Middle-Earth makes Enthus a dull boy.

Seriously, I wish they would just announce Merry and Pippin and say the series is done. It would still make this the most complete LOTR line from SS yet.

am sure i saw someone post that they have announced saruman PF.... so where is it? they release hundreads of gandalf's and yet no saruman :( dissapointed

Betting the first Hobbit piece will be an Azog PF....hope I'm wrong and it's either Thorin or Bilbo,but I doubt it.

Basically because of the runaway success of Lurtz,which was the initial piece in the LOTR line,they're probably gonna wanna jump on Azog asap.

Hope I'm wrong though.

No new Lord of the Rings pieces at Comic-Con.

For LOTR fans this will undoubtedly drum up more sales for Weta and even get folks to buy the Sauron Piece since no other SS LOTR offerings are up for the moment IMHO

Back