Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, but neglecting LOTR right as the Hobbit launches is an incredibly, uh, dumb move. They at least could have replaced the Baroness "reveal" with a scan of the Lurtz sketch or something.

lotr isnt selling, their 500 es frodo and sam ex is still not soldout, i just hope they finish up merry & pipping so i can close this series out.

lotr isnt selling, their 500 es frodo and sam ex is still not soldout, i just hope they finish up merry & pipping so i can close this series out.

I don't view it as an important exclusive, and with a large percentage of Tolkien fans being based outside of the U.S., I feel that a lot of people are just getting the regular from local places. But yeah, this line certainly isn't as hot as a lot of the others. Them showing the Lurtz sketch just recently shows they still have plans despite the lessened success.

Didn't realize Frodo hadn't sold out yet.

It seems a lot of pieces sell out much slower lately. You think it's a factor of price going up across the board more than franchise/character issue?

Yeah, across the board things sell slower now than they use to. Its just the market of collectibles in general.

I don't view it as an important exclusive, and with a large percentage of Tolkien fans being based outside of the U.S., I feel that a lot of people are just getting the regular from local places. But yeah, this line certainly isn't as hot as a lot of the others. Them showing the Lurtz sketch just recently shows they still have plans despite the lessened success.

I do not think to my maquette line is this selling badly. Enough to see the fast who the Ringwraith is exhausted both the regular version as the exclusive, let's not forget that this came out piece in September 2012, as well as Boromir that came to the sale by Sideshow late in April 2012.

All releases seem being that the only him is costing much straining is the regular version of Arwen, Gimli practically their regular version sold in web page since there are only 15 according to his last news bulletin.

What if it is true that lately this leaving fewer releases in the line and is a shame because by what people are willing to buy the maquette line, looks are because this very clear which sells much better than line Premium Format and I am sure that the production cost is much lower in the maquette line.

I believe that he has been wrong with the version exclusive of Frodo and Sam, about all that they buy outside of USA, we prefer the regular version among other things because cost between customs and expenditures of sent in this exclusive greatly increases the total, and for me it is very important, I'm sure that if the version exclusive was the clothes of the region had not lasted the exclusive or a couple of days in page. Or that Sideshow had available a warehouse in UK as before, as it is the case of Weta.

Sorry for my bad English, hope you can understand me.

I'd say it's a combination of everything being shipped from the US - it's cheaper to buy the regular locally for everyone else in the world to save on shipping / tax - , the NRD being introduced so people are alot more wary of what they order, the current climate and collectible statues not being a priority for many people at this time, and Sideshow's own inability to keep interest in a line going.
I said at the start there's no way we'll get anywhere near as many statues as in the old SSW days, but with popularity of all things Middle-Earth going back up with the release of The Hobbit, i had at least expected them to do a few statues we didn't get first time around like Faramir, Eomer etc, but with the line not doing too great i'd be surprised if we went much beyond Merry and Pippin, which i'm SURE they'll at least release to avoid having egg on their face having promised the full Fellowship in this line, which i don't understand the clamour for as surely it's cheaper to get the original SSW versions, and all of those except Pippin are in their 'Fellowship' attire, OR you could get the new Weta diorama and have all 9 together.

I think people want Merry and Pippen because we have the rest of the fellowship in a similar format. The size matches, the bases match, etc.

It is too bad to see the line not selling very well. Hopefully Sideshow will strill trickle out a piece or 2 from LOTR. However, with the LOTR movies finished several years ago, it just makes sense there would be less interest. Especially with the economy in the crapper like it is.

I have no doubt they will continue the ME lines for years to come. Is it a best seller? No. Nothing compares to Star Wars. But since they are doing SS originals like Bigfoot, militaria, etc. I see no reason why they wouldnt keep the license they have and milk it a little. Heck they still do Indy pieces and those sell poorly as well.

But can you imagine the eBay onslaught f they don't complete the Fellowship?

Can't belive there was no announcement for either Lotr or Hobbit licenses during 12 days.. We could have at least seen a sketch of an upcoming product like Enthus said. I don't want to wait till comic-con to see if there's anything in store for us Lotr fans, it's sad..

Can't belive there was no announcement for either Lotr or Hobbit licenses during 12 days.. We could have at least seen a sketch of an upcoming product like Enthus said. I don't want to wait till comic-con to see if there's anything in store for us Lotr fans, it's sad..

Don't worry Justified :wave...announcements will come. :wink1:...all good things come to those who wait. :impatient: and wait :impatient: and wait... :rotfl

:duff
Bill

Well, I have confidence to continue Sideshow betting big on this line.

I think they are selling very well, just see that there is no exclusive on sale after 7 shooting, and regular versions can now only get Arwen and Gimli is nearly exhausted.

Apparently the next Preorder will Lurtz, and I get the feeling that will sell very well as has happened as the Ringwraith.

I think I can give much war Sideshow with this line, better less but higher quality shots, I think we have two or three releases each year.

I do not understand much pessimism on the line, I'd be much more concerned if I saw not sold well, but the view is they are selling well.

Do not forget that the cost exclusive of Ringwraith exhausted before its release, and finally has been the fastest piece has been sold.

I ask myself that Sideshow have greater quality control, and that at least two or three releases a year to keep us happy, but I think this time leave the line would be very foolish.

From what I'm seeing in parts of Marvel Premium Format line, nor are selling so well, we who are many in stock and Preorder.

I think the maquette line still has many many lives, as I said it would be very foolish if not still committed Sideshow line maquette.

you do not believe that without exclusive sell more parts? The pieces of the old revalued Weta had no exclusive, as is the case Ringwrait on Steed, Cave Troll, Balrog, ..... etc. Wiki

I don't think Sideshow will let this line die yet.

No LOTR fan would buy into their Hobbit line any more after two lines (1/6th & PF failed to deliver the complete Fellowship).

But I fear that most of the production staff of their LOTR department will now be solely focused on delivering a Thorin or Azog Pf for the next SDCC.

I so wanted to have Eomer or ..beware... a Theoden in armor and helmet this year.

Instead we will probably only get Merry and Pippin or Lurtz.

Luckily I just snatched the Sideshow Weta Theoden Stateue and its breathtaking.

But as many stated a very dumb move to not present anything from the statue line durch 12 days.

Even more so as many collectors are anxious.

Sideshow posted this on FB today:

You are on a quest of great importance. Who makes up your Fellowship?
Like · · Share · 18541 · 4 hours ago ·

Wonder if it means we'll be seeing something new in one of the LOTR or Hobbit ranges this week?

My very surprised if it were something of the Premium Format line, and considering that the next two releases of this line are not cheap.

I imagine it will be LOTR maquette line.

Back