Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Frodo and Sam in orc armor piece was my exit from this line. Still have Gimli, an excellent piece that one. Part of me wants SDCC to be a goose egg just to see Josh not be so damn optimistic all the time ;)

Even if we get nothing LOTR/The Hobbit from SS at the SDCC, Josh will still be optimistic, I have no doubt. :lol

You just can't keep a good man like Josh down. :lol

I'm really starting to think that Sideshow is slowing getting out of Middle-earth. They have very little product on their site that THEY developed that isn't Star Wars, Marvel, or DC.

Sad...because in all reality, Middle-earth is what put Sideshow on the map...with some help from WETA, of course!

I sure hope I'm wrong...but seems to me that the writing is on the wall. Someone tell me that they have some NEWS or info about an upcoming product announcement...this is KILLING ME!

I think we can all live in hope till SDCC, Geb :wave...if we don't see anything from Sideshow that is LORT/The Hobbit related there this year, then you may be right...but let's not cross that bridge till we come to it though. :wink1:

They're not done and I do expect more new items at comic- con from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

At the very least it would be silly to announce a Hobbit line and then kill it. But then again maybe the announcement was to drum up interest and they have monitored that interest and been disappointed. Still SS does all sorts of stuff for the love of the game, their originals, conan pieces, etc. I am sure there are more out there. Oh, Don't be Afraid of the Dark. None of these are huge sellers, ES is small. Surely if they tackle that movie then the Hobbit is a no brainer. They simply can't NOT release something.

We have a week of announcements from Sideshow LOTR and nothing.

It seems somewhat unfair after a year with no news from them.

I just hope that at least two maquettes veamo new to the event.

Couldn't agree more, Gangrel. With the lack of news regarding anything from Middle Earth, you'd think SS would want to remove any doubt by announcing something right off the bat. Seems all the other lines get a lot of attention and diehard ME fans like us have to wait for ages...

Couldn't agree more, Gangrel. With the lack of news regarding anything from Middle Earth, you'd think SS would want to remove any doubt by announcing something right off the bat. Seems all the other lines get a lot of attention and diehard ME fans like us have to wait for ages...

I can understand Marvel and Star Wars are their preferred licenses economic income.

But after a year without any news, sketch or anything else of Middle-earth, it seems in bad taste and ignore the collectors of Middle Earth, and I see news and preorders for Marvel and Star Wars and we pass months and one year without anything.

Somo always the last in the queue, always misinformed.

I just hope the wait worthwhile this time.

I can understand Marvel and Star Wars are their preferred licenses economic income.

But after a year without any news, sketch or anything else of Middle-earth, it seems in bad taste and ignore the collectors of Middle Earth, and I see news and preorders for Marvel and Star Wars and we pass months and one year without anything.

Somo always the last in the queue, always misinformed.

I just hope the wait worthwhile this time.

i dont care about the new stuff, but they need to fulfill their previous commitment and release merry & pippin to finish the fellowship as promised, it's been more than 2 years since tom (head of their design) made the promise on video to give us the fellowship as a "priority"

Comic-Con isn't even here yet. They may not preview them before we see them at the show. I don't think it's time to get upset.

i dont care about the new stuff, but they need to fulfill their previous commitment and release merry & pippin to finish the fellowship as promised, it's been more than 2 years since tom (head of their design) made the promise on video to give us the fellowship as a "priority"

I think we do not see Merry and Pippin in this event, I hope I'm wrong.

Another day, another non-Middle Earth pre-order!

:impatient:

This no longer surprises me.

As I said the last of the line, not surprise me that in the near future cease Sideshow LOTR license.

But have hope that at Comic Con teach us something, although it is very sad to have to wait one year to another year to see news LOTR license.

I have to admit that I'm getting a bit of a bad feeling myself now...I mean,isn't SDCC next week?!! Can't see them just pulling out a load of surprises at the event without ANY mention of anything beforehand....still,I REEEAAAALLY hope I'm wrong.

If I have to see another Marvel/Star Wars/DC item go up for pre-order I'm gonna scream!!

They never preview everything before the show. Last year we had no clue Frodo/Sam were going to be at Comic-Con. Lets wait until next week before we get too bummed.

Back