Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The line isn't dead so they've not fallen short yet. It's The Fellowship and that's all that matters. I've been saying it for years it's not about their outfits but it is about those 9 characters with what they did within the story. It's awesome that Weta has made the three piece set. The cresting the hill moment is something we've been asking for years to get and its almost done. I am thankful Weta has given us that and if you need those clothes then this does it.

I've been saying it for years it's not about their outfits but it is about those 9 characters with what they did within the story.

I would disagree. That doesn't mean you are incorrect or that I am going to try to convince you, but for me as a collector, I like cohesive displays that portray a moment. Gondor Boromir next to Strider Aragorn doesn't accomplish what I want to build in a display. With that said, Strider Aragorn with Prancing Pony is awesome, as is Gondor Boromir with the Gondorian Helm Collection. Not knocking the pieces, just saying that for me (and other collectors), it is a little about the outfits if that is the display you want to build.

I would disagree. That doesn't mean you are incorrect or that I am going to try to convince you, but for me as a collector, I like cohesive displays that portray a moment. Gondor Boromir next to Strider Aragorn doesn't accomplish what I want to build in a display. With that said, Strider Aragorn with Prancing Pony is awesome, as is Gondor Boromir with the Gondorian Helm Collection. Not knocking the pieces, just saying that for me (and other collectors), it is a little about the outfits if that is the display you want to build.

Then we have to agree to disagree. :duff Just different approaches to what we're looking for then. Nothing wrong with that approach.:peace

I don't care as much about the costumes, I just want Merry and Pippin. It's been a long time since I sold off my LOTR PFs in order to get the complete Fellowship in the maquette line.

I don't know that the line is dead, but it's certainly moving a LOT slower than I'd like.

Merry and Pippin could save the whole deal for me if done like proper hobbits (knickers, suspenders, a pipe), of course I will likely have sold this line off by then.

I don't care as much about the costumes, I just want Merry and Pippin. It's been a long time since I sold off my LOTR PFs in order to get the complete Fellowship in the maquette line.

I don't know that the line is dead, but it's certainly moving a LOT slower than I'd like.

this :lecture

The line isn't dead so they've not fallen short yet. It's The Fellowship and that's all that matters. I've been saying it for years it's not about their outfits but it is about those 9 characters with what they did within the story. It's awesome that Weta has made the three piece set. The cresting the hill moment is something we've been asking for years to get and its almost done. I am thankful Weta has given us that and if you need those clothes then this does it.

While I agree that the whole line is cool. I will agree that "IT IS BETTER TO DO THE FELLOWSHIP WITH FOTR CLOTHING"...Weta also screwed up with Pippin in Gondor outfit versus FOTR outfit which would all look good together...all the pieces are nice but it's better if they actually matched up IMHO

Last edited:
lotr is taking up 2 shelves in my display, if they dont announce merry and pippin by next year, i am unloading the entire collection to free up space.

this has been one of the worst decision i made as a collector to get into the license to complete the fellowship that tom gilliland promised 2.5 years ago as a priority to finish.

If you bought this to get all 9 for the Fellowship instead of just buying this because you loved them then I'm sorry it was a bad decision period...We all would love the FOTR but I didnt keep my hopes up nor do I remember SS ever promising the FOTR(I could be wrong)...I bought because I loved LOTR...Do I think SS is rather dumb for not doing a FOTR statue set up and even making the statue set up matching...well yes...If they made matching outfits from FOTR the entire line would have been SOLD OUT 100% because of it... this would from collectors and business standpoint be awesome...but SS didnt think IMHO...plus SS never promised a timeline for the releases if I remember correctly so a Merry and Pippin still might happen

Last edited:

I agree...I wont display them all together too

While I agree that the whole line is cool. I will agree that "IT IS BETTER TO DO THE FELLOWSHIP WITH FOTR CLOTHING"...Weta also screwed up with Pippin in Gondor outfit versus FOTR outfit which would all look good together...all the pieces are nice but it's better if they actually matched up IMHO

It would have been cool but its not a deal breaker for me personally. I've been saying this for like 8 years that for me its about the members of The Fellowship and not their outfits. Obviously, that isn't how everyone feels and thats ok.

If you bought this to get all 9 for the Fellowship instead of just buying this because you loved them then I'm sorry it was a bad decision period...We all would love the FOTR but I didnt keep my hopes up nor do I remember SS ever promising the FOTR(I could be wrong)...I bought because I loved LOTR...Do I think SS is rather dumb for not doing a FOTR statue set up and even making the statue set up matching...well yes...If they made matching outfits from FOTR the entire line would have been SOLD OUT 100% because of it... this would from collectors and business standpoint be awesome...but SS didnt think IMHO...plus SS never promised a timeline for the releases if I remember correctly so a Merry and Pippin still might happen

Sideshow stated from the start this line would be more about moments not exactly from on screen but moments we might be able to imagine them in. Boromir and the two Ringwraith statues are the only on screen captures we've gotten. So they've stuck with what they told us. Now, I know they could have done the same and stuck with them in their Fellowship of the Ring outfits. I will say I really like having Boromir in his Gondorian Armor. Its a version I've wanted for a really long time and if you're wanting certain outfits you can get them in the SSW line.

I agree...I wont display them all together too

I'll group them together. :yess:

I will never say that any of these were bad pieces but that I believe most would agree that they would want the fellowship and most would want the fotr in their fotr garb if given the choice. Boromir is my fave in the 1/6 Lotr maquette line

Last edited:
I guess I gravitate toward the FOTR look because it was a hopeful, anxious time for the story. By the time we get to Frodo in orc armor he was a basket case and a jerk, when he wasn't catatonic. I just don't have any desire to display that vibe. I guess it also boils down to those quizzes I play with my kids. Gondor or Rohan, I choose Rohan. Where would you rather live Bag End or Minas Tirith. I choose Bag End. I like the simple, sylvan side of the story more than the industrial, guys in armor side of the story.

nor do I remember SS ever promising the FOTR(I could be wrong)...

Tom did and not only promised but stated it is a priority for them to finish the fellowship. That was over 2 years ago

It's on video... Check back on this thread think I posted it.

They did actually plan a FOTR Pippin, but the sculpt and likeness weren't that great, so it never went to production. He was holding Gandalf's hat and staff. There is a picture in the Weta Collector's Guide and the prototype is at the Weta Workshop in their boardroom display.

They did actually plan a FOTR Pippin, but the sculpt and likeness weren't that great, so it never went to production. He was holding Gandalf's hat and staff. There is a picture in the Weta Collector's Guide and the prototype is at the Weta Workshop in their boardroom display.

I saw that...WTF were they thinkin

I was hoping Sideshow would do all the members of the Fellowship in various armored poses other than Pippin who would have been in Hobbit attire but since they didn't, I wasn't interested in this maquette line. :monkey3

Back