Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope we get those after the hobbits. Add in Saruman, and I'd be pretty satisfied. But getting those characters could take a really long time at the new slower pace this line has developed.

The question is do we get hobbits back 2 back? We could find out next month the answer to that question, but I think the answer is we get a pair then something else then the other pair.

The question is do we get hobbits back 2 back? We could find out next month the answer to that question, but I think the answer is we get a pair then something else then the other pair.

I'd like a pair of hobbits, then somebody from Rohan, then Saruman, then the last two hobbits. I'm definitely anxious to conflate the Fellowship, but I'd like more variety in the line than back to back hobbit releases.

I'd like a pair of hobbits, then somebody from Rohan, then Saruman, then the last two hobbits. I'm definitely anxious to conflate the Fellowship, but I'd like more variety in the line than back to back hobbit releases.

Yeah, that would be a good pattern I'd say. Also, I do think we'll see with The Hobbit coming out a small quickening of the announcements as people will want to get LOTR items.

Can you imagine the anguish if we get 3 of 4 hobbits and then stall into a series of orcs and minor characters. Yikes

I've always wanted to see Sam with frying pan in Moria for action, or Sam with Galadriel's gift (we all know what the salt box represents :wink1: ). I always wanted this as a PF but too long a wait for me.

Frodo holding the Red Book as opposed to Sting or the one ring. We first see him reading in the Shire and he end's his time there writing, so the Red Book would be appropriate and different.

Just a couple of suggestions

you mean it's not just a reminder of home, the Shire? :FREAK:

Ah so many good suggestions! My suggestion: how about a PF of Barliman Butterbur? :rotfl

i5k7qf65aw.jpg

Kidding aside, I have always loved Galadriel in LOTR. I hope SS will make a diorama of one of my favourite scenes from the movie.

1227.jpg

Kidding aside, I have always loved Galadriel in LOTR. I hope SS will make a diorama of one of my favourite scenes from the movie.

1227.jpg

This will be an epic dio, but there is zero chance sideshow will capture the beauty and elegance of that scene nor the sculpt/paint the characters correctly.

I have no doubts if Sideshow did that do they'd nail it like they've done almost all the lotr statues they've done. :lecture

name 1 female lotr character statue sideshow did that didnt completely mess it up :(

Arwen wasn't completely messed up. The eyes were an issue but the rest of it came out alright. Obviously, some like you felt the need to redo the whole thing and that's a personal choice not an indictment on the statue.

Arwen wasn't completely messed up. The eyes were an issue but the rest of it came out alright. Obviously, some like you felt the need to redo the whole thing and that's a personal choice not an indictment on the statue.

I agree. Small Studios' repaint really brought out the likeness. Paint is still a bit of an issue with SS I think.

1227.jpg

That would be awesome.

no new statue announcement today?

josh! the moment of truth is coming, lets all hope you are right and we see at least 1 hobbit duo in sdcc :panic:

I think they're holding most announcements back for comic-con which starts soon. No point in blowing it now when you've got nerd christmas coming soon.

for the past few years, all of the June newsletters are pretty bland because they will have all the good stuff at SDCC - this is normal. I'm willing to bet we get another average newsletter next week as well.

Back