Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh, I owe you an apology, and thanks for reopening the thread.
We can keep talking about the maquette line.

Soon, we will get a LOTR announcement in the newsletter, and all the tension and impatience in the LOTR section of the forum will turn into excitement.

If nothing else, SDCC will bring news--possibly even Hobbit license news--and then the long dry spell of Q1 & Q2 2012 will be a distant memory.

:clapThat's the spririt! I consider this admittedly dry period just as the proverbial silence before the big storm! :yess:

well this thread is titled "Which Maquettes should be made next?" so i think you are the one that's in the wrong place. Besides sideshow has already made multiple references to future lotr premium format statues, so be happy and on your merry way! :slap

It was a joke, why so serious? :huh

I don't think Sideshow acquired their current LOTR licenses from Weta, but from Warner Brothers/New Line, right? Weta didn't have to approve the LOTR Lego sets, etc. I assume that the WB will continue their relationship with a wide range of licensing partners, and Sideshow and Weta will hopefully each continue to work within the specific range of products they have the ability to produce.

I don't think Sideshow acquired their current LOTR licenses from Weta, but from Warner Brothers/New Line, right? Weta didn't have to approve the LOTR Lego sets, etc. I assume that the WB will continue their relationship with a wide range of licensing partners, and Sideshow and Weta will hopefully each continue to work within the specific range of products they have the ability to produce.

That's how I would imagine it would go as well.

2 different price range and products should be okie

It would be interesting to know which characters collector's want to see if Sideshow goes deeper into the line.

To me a Drummer Troll is on top of that list and also a Uruk-Hai.

I think Santa is busy with the Ringwraith on Steed PF, but I hope we get a maquette preview before Comic Con in three months.

I'm looking forward to getting Boromir next month, and once he's here I'm really going to start wanting to hear news about what's next.

If it wasn't before, it's about to be. RWOS PF, Cave Troll Something, and Sauron LSF on top of the Hobbit starting up, we're in for an expensive 12-18 months.

at least... :panic: :horror :panic: :horror

more **** troopers, it's like a trooper per week.

No comment... If we say (complain about) something we look disturbers (of the peace, XD)

Last edited:
I guess I'm glad they're not milking us with an endless stream of orcs, but if I were into Star Wars statues I would be thinking "Enough clones, make a Chewy or something, good lord!"

Back