Which line would you support?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one would you keep?

• Star wars 12"

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • LOTR 12"

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Both

Votes: 30 49.2%

• Total voters

JosephCPR

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity I'd like to know which line would you choose (I know many of you are into both) between Star Wars 12" figures and Lord of the Rings 12" figures lines. The first one is quite advanced, we've got many figures already out but LOTR is gettin' more interesting everytime. Will you keep both??? will you have to be selective?? many questions and no simple answers :rotfl

Last edited:
I had to make that decision and I dropped the LOTR 12" line.

However, I regretted that when they announced the hobbits. I thought it would take a million years to get the entire Fellowship but the development of the shorter body really opened up some possibilities and we may actually get all nine in a reasonable amount of time. It's not the fastest moving line, but it seems that they know what we want and are trying to get us the main characters (particularly the Fellowship) as soon as possible.

Dang it! What happened to my reply? Now I've gotta type it all over again (OK, so it wasn't long, but still...).

I started out to be a completist on both 12" lines, but I've become more selective, especially on the Star Wars side. I have found that the PT figures don't grab me the way the OT figures do. On the LOTR side, it's still too early to know how deep they will go, but as long as I get the fellowship and the other major characters, I'll be happy.

I'm gonna get all the LOTR exclusives, but I have to be really picky with Star Wars. I only have a few. I could never get rid of my LOTR figures though, they're too beautiful!

Since there is no niether option, I picked LotR. If I could only keep one line it would be LotR but I did get rid of both 12" lines. 12" just doesn't do it for me any more. I love 1/4 scale PF! :rock

I collect both the SW and LOTR figures. Except for a very few SW items, I am a completist in both lines.

I'm collecting both but not a completist. I'm collecting 12" LOTR and so far, I only have one PF, Lurtz. I'll have to see what the future has in store for the PF line but if it's cool, I'm in.

I'm collecting PF & 12" SW figures as well. I'll probably only collect the OT figures but so far I purchased a few PT figures I just couldn't resist.

LOTR all the way. Both movies are epics and both have a huge fan base. But I like the fantasy Sci-fi more then the space sci-fi and I got into the hooby too late to even consider catching up SW. Not too late for LOTR though. But I'll probably never sell my Darth PF. I got in on the SW dio's just in time, so I'll stick with the good ones (i.e. not cave slug or droids), but will get the others. Like I've said b4, anything LOTR.

I'm a Both kinda guy. Completist for LOTR thus far, selective for the SW line. I'm not sure I would give up either line, but if they both started going crazy, I would just be more selective about my purchases.

Wouldn't you say this poll is little biased since it's in the LOTR section? I'm guessing there would be some SW folk that don't visit here - but I guess the poll is for collectors of both lines, so theoretically they would visit both forums. So never mind. ;)

As an old LOTR collector ill support it since it got more detail in the clothing and thats something cool in the line in comparison with SW that it also have cool things (Jabba).

I'm keeping both, but not a completist in either. I have most of both LOTR (passed on Faramir) and SW (Passed on 2 Endors, Padme and Asajj) so I guess I pick and choose... I'm just not too picky :lol

Right now I'm supporting both lines selectively. I'm not a person who has to have the complete collection, though I do have all four LOTR figures thus far.

I'm pretty much a major character kind of guy, so if the LOTR line announces someone who isn't Fellowship or a Nazgul, I'll probably pass. Likewise for Star Wars, if it isn't a major character that I feel I must have, with the exception of a stormtrooper or the like, I tend to also pass.

Back