Which EMPEROR PALPATINE 12" Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which version of 12" Palpatine would you want FIRST?

• ROTJ Classic EMPEROR

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • ROTS "red robe" PALPATINE (Mace duel)

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • ROTS cloaked PALPATINE (Yoda duel)

Votes: 18 19.6%

• Total voters
I voted for pre-sharpei, Mace-fight Palpy. I'm eager to see a rockin McDiarmid sculpt. I'm a big fan of his. And he just won the Tony here in NYC.:emperor

Yeah, this is a hard decision because I love all the versions of ol' Palpy so much. I agree that a nice Ian sculpt pre-Mace fight would be nice, but I also want a classic Palpatine to go with Luke and eventually...Vader.

Either way, I will be one happy dork when this is announced. :D

I'd rather have the ROTJ one. He simply oozes power in that one without even doing anything but walk around. And then at the end, you finally get to see real power! :emperor

Last edited:
I want to see a 1/4 premium format Palpatine from ROTJ with a clear bluish lighting attatchement that lights up attatched ot his hands- like the light up sabers, but lightning instead of the saber. :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor

Even though I'd like to see a deformed ROTS Palpatine first that's only if the next couple of figures released are OT. If Palpatine is the VERY next figure, then I want the ROTJ version.

Its interesting that the combined ROTS Palpatine votes are one ahead of ROTJ. Quite an even split.

Want all three, of course. :lol

I voted red robe Mace fighting Palps, though. Interchangable heads would be a must.

:emperor

Yup. Booyah is right. Interchangable heads are a must. Not as an inclusive or an exclusive item, but standard fare.:D

I'd like to be able to swap heads, but I don't want several heads with each figure. I'd rather get a whole new costume and accessories.

IF it's to be ROTJ, we must have the Throne. Of course, I'd even take good old Senator Palpatine.

"No, no, no" - I really dislike that part on in ROTS.

Classic Emps please, and accessory pack throne. :emperor

If, and only if, we get The Throne....then I would change my vote from Mace Duel to ROTJ. If I could. Which I can't. But I would. For a Throne.

........:emperor (-I'm tired. I need to sit down.)

I'd like them to make the red robed version with an accessory pack including the transformed head(interchangeable of course) and his black robes. Also a Cody hologram.

If they made the ROTJ Emperor first I'd probably buy both versions, but I'd really much rather have the ROTS version. He was much more a part of the action(literally). I might end up skipping the ROTJ one if ROTS were first.

bluesparrow said:
I'd like them to make the red robed version with an accessory pack including the transformed head(interchangeable of course) and his black robes. Also a Cody hologram.

If they made the ROTJ Emperor first I'd probably buy both versions, but I'd really much rather have the ROTS version. He was much more a part of the action(literally). I might end up skipping the ROTJ one if ROTS were first.

i agree, the ROTS emperor did have a bigger role than the OT emperor... unless there is the throne accessory option i might pass on the the ROTJ version as well.

My vote is for the Mace duel Palpy. It just seems more practical since there is already Mace, Kit, and Anakin (from the Sidious revealed scene) to go with it. The other reason I choose the ROTS Palpy is because I love the character of Palpatine/Sidious in general. Since I grew up watching the OT first, I favored the OT Palpatine, but then comes along the PT which re-introduces Palpatine in a whole new way. I grew up loving the maniacal Emperor who can zap away at his enemies and use the force like Luke and Vader, but I always wished he could do more and I wanted to know what he could really do. When ROTS came along I became a Palpatine fan for life. We got more into more depth with his character, and were able to add lightsaber skills to the the list of his evil abilities (and see more of his force powers, like in the Yoda duel). I feel the ROTS Mace duel version of Palpatine was the one where he was at the pinnacle of his popularity (especially to the younger fans who've never seen ROTJ, and think that a SW character has to use a lightsaber or blaster to be considered cool), and was able to reach out to the SW fans who thought that Vader, Maul, and Dooku were the only action Sith, and that Palpatine just sat in his chair and bossed everyone around. He should get the same treatment that Obi-Wan got, make the PF from the OT, and the 12" from the PT (the same can go for Vader/Anakin). I wouldn't doubt that Sideshow would do it that way.

I love Palpatine in ROTS, but the ROTJ one is so much more creepy to me. When you see it you don't know who he is, what he can do, when I was a kid I didn't even know he'd have power, until he unleashed it. My vote went ROTJ, plus that's my fav. movie from the saga, and we already have WWAAAYYY too many PT guys, Jedi Luke needs someone to fight (or kick his a$$)

Back