Statue Which Comiquette & Premium Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandregoh

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi Collectors. . :wave

I'm new in collecting action figures, started last year. I need some advice, point of view, opinion and suggestion from experts like you all here.

For collecting "Comiquette" & Premium Format" statue, which model we must have first?

I see a lots of merchants selling comiquette and premium format figurines on eBay, and other forum site.

I am confused of which comiquette or premium format one should I buy first. . :slap

Guys, which one is a must have first in the collection?

Feel free to give your words. . :lol

You're not gonna like this answer but what looks good to you? That's what you should go for.

I started collecting SS statues because I saw the Black Panther Premium Format. He's a character I love reading in comics and one day randomly searching the Internet I happened across a pic of the PF. I never knew such a great looking piece of a character I loved existed and had only seen Bowens up until that point. I had to have it. I searched eBay and found it for below retail price, and that's what started me.

If you see something that looks amazing to you, that's always a good start.

Premium Formats come in a standard size (1/4 scale), while Comiquettes are not standard. PF statues have historically been "mixed media" (meaning cloth, metal, or some other substance beyond the plastic/polystone was used), but that has apparently changed recently. I only get 1/4 scale statues, so usually I get PFs. Spidey is an exception to Comiquettes being the 1/4 scale size.

Judging from your avatar, maybe pick up the Rogue Premium Format and/or Comiquette. Aftermarket prices on these two are not too bad compared to other more sought after pieces. After owning these SS pieces in hand, you'll start to get a feel of what you like or don't like and and figure our your collection's focus and direction. And :welcome1:

You're not gonna like this answer but what looks good to you? That's what you should go for.

I started collecting SS statues because I saw the Black Panther Premium Format. He's a character I love reading in comics and one day randomly searching the Internet I happened across a pic of the PF. I never knew such a great looking piece of a character I loved existed and had only seen Bowens up until that point. I had to have it. I searched eBay and found it for below retail price, and that's what started me.

If you see something that looks amazing to you, that's always a good start.

Thanks for advised, Peedi. Based on your explanation, I know what you trying to tell me. I know my pick now. I personally like Iron Man, follow by the Avengers and then Marvel. Thanks for the great tips!! :clap

Premium Formats come in a standard size (1/4 scale), while Comiquettes are not standard. PF statues have historically been "mixed media" (meaning cloth, metal, or some other substance beyond the plastic/polystone was used), but that has apparently changed recently. I only get 1/4 scale statues, so usually I get PFs. Spidey is an exception to Comiquettes being the 1/4 scale size.

Thanks for the great info, Karamazov80. :goodpost:

Spiderman Comiquette.

I wish I can get Spider-man Comiquette, I know it is one of the best comiquette ever done by SS. But, my pocket stop me from getting it from eBay cause it is pricey to me at the moment. In the future, I will try to get it. Have my words on that. :yess::yess:

Besides Spidy, what other model have in your mind to share with me here. :lol

I go for X-men. Both PFs and Comiquettes. But it still depends on the quality of the statue - like I passed on the Psylocke PF because of all the issues with it.

But bottom line, just go with what you like, that's the essence of collecting anyhow!

Judging from your avatar, maybe pick up the Rogue Premium Format and/or Comiquette. Aftermarket prices on these two are not too bad compared to other more sought after pieces. After owning these SS pieces in hand, you'll start to get a feel of what you like or don't like and and figure our your collection's focus and direction. And :welcome1:

It just an avatar I found on the website that day, kingcuong. :lol:lol
I like the Rogue PF, I really want to get it that time. But after watching the review on youtube, I know there was some issue with the EX version on portrait and paint job as well. Then I decide not to last minute.

Go for what statue looks most interesting to you and don't get hung up on titles and scales :wave

Nova, if like what you say. I found a lot that I like but I have 3 models in my mine right now to get first, like
Scarlet Witch Comiquette Ex, Psylocke Comiquette Ex, and Black Cat PF Ex.
Not sure which one to get first. :lol

Stick with anything 1:4 scale buddy.

INFECDEAD, you meant just stick with PF instead of Comiquette? Can't hardly resist one of them. . :rotfl:rotfl

I go for X-men. Both PFs and Comiquettes. But it still depends on the quality of the statue - like I passed on the Psylocke PF because of all the issues with it.

But bottom line, just go with what you like, that's the essence of collecting anyhow!

I prefer the Psylocke Comiquette than the Psylocke PF.

As you said "But bottom line, just go with what you like, that's the essence of collecting anyhow!" :goodpost:

But I have several in mine. . I wish I have deep pocket so that can get all of them one time. :lol:

Back