Which collection (1/6 scale) should I build first? Star Wars or Iron man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txia007

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I am thinking about building my first ever 1/6th scale collection, however I am having a hard time deciding which one should I go for first, due to financial constrains I can not do both at the same time.

Please advice!

Thank you!!!

It depends what you like really. Both have some great figures, both have hard to find (also known as expensive) figures and both still have new things to come.
Star Wars is more varied, but Iron Man has more to choose from.

With Iron Man you can build dioramas easier (workshop sets, hall of armor pieces etc) but Star Wars probably look better in pairs in a Detolf as it's not multiples of the same character.

Pros and cons. Personal choice really, not something anyone else can answer.
Neither range/line/collection sucks by a long shot, just not to some people's taste.

If you want a complete collection, go with Star Wars. At least you have two options (Sideshow and Hot Toys) with that license.

It depends what you like really. Both have some great figures, both have hard to find (also known as expensive) figures and both still have new things to come.
Star Wars is more varied, but Iron Man has more to choose from.

With Iron Man you can build dioramas easier (workshop sets, hall of armor pieces etc) but Star Wars probably look better in pairs in a Detolf as it's not multiples of the same character.

Pros and cons. Personal choice really, not something anyone else can answer.
Neither range/line/collection sucks by a long shot, just not to some people's taste.

Thank you for the reply, I think I will go with the Star Wars first :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you've made your decision. :duff

FWIW, I believe only Chewbacca and the OT Stormies are relatively hard to track down now. It'd probably be easier to build your SW collection now. The original IM armor figures are older and made of plastic and will very likely be redone in diecast in a few years. It might make sense to wait on those.

If you get in on Star Wars now you will probably get them cheaper ordering directly from the destributors, since there are a lot of Iron Man figures already out and only available in the secondary market, so from a financial standpoint that might make more sense. It really depends on what you like more, first, and what figures you want. If you want a complete set, definitely go with Star Wars, and maybe hold off awhile on Han/Chewie since they're higher priced on secondary market right now - they may come down in awhile after the scalpers have had their way.

Thanks for the advice:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Star Wars.

Iron Man has so many suit variants so unless you have a strong affection for the Iron Man franchise, stick with Star Wars. As others have posted, Star Wars figures are cheaper and more available to find.

Also, this is not a cheap hobby. At first, pre-ordering $200 here (like Leia) and $290 there (like Rey w/ BB8) does not seem too big of an expense. But when the figures are released and you get your credit card statement at the end of the month, that's when reality sinks in for your wallet. But I get a lot of enjoyment and a sense of nostalgia seeing the figures on display, so it's worth it.

Star Wars.

Iron Man has so many suit variants so unless you have a strong affection for the Iron Man franchise, stick with Star Wars. As others have posted, Star Wars figures are cheaper and more available to find.

Also, this is not a cheap hobby. At first, pre-ordering $200 here (like Leia) and $290 there (like Rey w/ BB8) does not seem too big of an expense. But when the figures are released and you get your credit card statement at the end of the month, that's when reality sinks in for your wallet. But I get a lot of enjoyment and a sense of nostalgia seeing the figures on display, so it's worth it.

So true:) My wallet is hurting lol...

Those lines are going to go on for who knows how long. If your intention is to ultimately collect both, well, there's not really going to be a time where one line conveniently ends so you can start collecting the other and by then some of the best figures will be sold out. There's no other way but to collect both at the same time.

To be quite honest I don't envy anyone coming in just now and trying to catch up on those lines while also keeping up with the current output. You'd really want to be absolutely loaded.

Last edited:
Back