Which Bilbo PF would you buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy Bilbo??

• I would buy both Bilbos. Can't have too many hobbits!

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Ian Holm Bilbo only. The original Bilbo.

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Bilbo from The Hobbit. (Depending on the actor maybe?)

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Neither. Hobbits are wimps.

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

Anubis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering if SS make an Ian Holm Bilbo PF from Fellowship of the Ring, would you buy it?

Or, presuming SS get the licence for The Hobbit movie, would you buy a PF of Bilbo portrayed by whoever is Bilbo in that movie?

Thoughts?

That's a hard question. At this point I'd rather have an Ian Holm one, but I'd probably end up buying both in the long run.

Neither in PF form! I have the SSW statue and bust, and will get the Weta statue and bust when they do one for the Hobbit....the only way i can see getting a SS Bilbo is if he's in a diorama :D

I would prefer to see Ian Holm as Bilbo at some point down the road, and I would be in for both.

I'd say if I bought one it'd be Ian Holm's Bilbo, preferably depicting Bilbo from FOTR in the Shire

I went with the original because it's is the only option open to SS at this time. SS does not have a Hobbit licence, and there's no guarantee they will. Even if that does happen, I'm not sure I'd want a 2nd version of Bilbo, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Since the SSW statue of Bilbo (standing on the barrel, ready to make a speech) is such an iconic image and one of my long sought-after grail pieces, I wouldn't be interested in a PF - unless it was the same pose, same sculpt, etc and I doubt that's going to be done.

Never tamper with perfection! (Of course, SS is not beyond doing that :horror How many pieces have they changed between proto and finished product-and not for the better?)

Back