Which airbrush compressor do you think is better?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
I haven't used an airbrush before, but I have thought about using one for various projects. For compressors, I have been looking at the Iwata line. The first one is $50 cheaper and has two air regulators for two airbrushes. The second one has a larger tank (3.5 vs 2 liters). For those who airbush, which do you think is the better choice?

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Iwata-Medea-Studio-Double-Piston-Compressor/dp/B000TLSYB2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303119126&sr=8-3"]Amazon.com: Iwata-Medea Studio Series Power Jet Pro Double Piston Air Compressor: Toys & Games[/ame]

1/6 hp 1-70 PSI maximum pressure
2 litre (1/2 gallon) air storage tank
Twin air regulators for precise air-pressure adjustment with quick disconnects
Built-in airbrush holders
Mounted twin pressure gauges with moisture filters

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Iwata-Medea-Studio-Double-Piston-Compressor/dp/B000PIETN6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1303119078&sr=1-3"]Amazon.com: Iwata-Medea Studio Series Power Jet Double Piston Air Compressor: Toys & Games[/ame]

1/6 hp 1-70 PSI maximum pressure
3.5-litre (1 gallon) air storage tank - air reserve for spraying at higher air pressures
Air regulator for precise air-pressure adjustment
Mounted pressure gauge with moisture filter
High-strength braided nylon covered hose fits all Iwata airbrushes

Wow they are extremely expensive, but considering its Iwata I'm not surprised. I don't know that you need to go that route for your compressor. I think you could go much cheaper as long as you hook up a capacitor to the compressor.
What kind of work do you plan on doing with it?

It depends on how quiet you want to be. The trade off is: The first one is set up for 2 brushes right from the start, but only holds half the air of the second one, which means the compressor will kick on twice as often.

I have the second one. It is possible to run two brushes later if you want, but I like the quiet time between fill-ups.

It depends on how quiet you want to be. The trade off is: The first one is set up for 2 brushes right from the start, but only holds half the air of the second one, which means the compressor will kick on twice as often.

I have the second one. It is possible to run two brushes later if you want, but I like the quiet time between fill-ups.

Hey ComputerFly. You are the first person I have found online that owns this compressor, as I have not found any reviews for this model. What do you think of it? How loud is the compressor while the motor is running?

Back