Whether to sell DX01 Joker .. advice please??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought DX 01 wad always crap so I sold it happily, that is I sold the joker, stand and his hands and grenades and kept everything cop. And there are enough Joker-tards out there that I was able to get 275 bucks for the used dx01, keep the cop and cover the cost for the new one completely.

sweet deal? I say so!

Sell it. Then, sell all your other Batman collectibles and never buy another one again.

Id keep it I have mine I still love it after all he was the first dx.I do plan on buying the new one since I have all the ledger ht jokers.

I say keep it... I for one plan on switching the DX01 head sculpt for the 2.0 laughing sculpt and using all the DX01 for that set up at the same time Ill be able to use the old Dx01 or the new 2.0 on the new Joker figure...

Why sell it? It's an amazing sculpt of ledger as joker. You keep it, then you'll have 3 expressions. Unlike dx02 becoming obsolete with dx 12, this dx11 isn't a major improvement over its predecessor. Unless you are in dire need of funds, well, whatever then, part ways with it. But I never sell my collectibles because I'm not in it for the money.

But my suggestion is keep it. It's still a great representation of the joker in spite of its "upgraded" figure. It's like choosing which iron man to get. The mk IV or the mk vi. If the differences are slight, one shouldn't make the other moot.

Why sell it? It's an amazing sculpt of ledger as joker. You keep it, then you'll have 3 expressions. Unlike dx02 becoming obsolete with dx 12, this dx11 isn't a major improvement over its predecessor. Unless you are in dire need of funds, well, whatever then, part ways with it. But I never sell my collectibles because I'm not in it for the money.

But my suggestion is keep it. It's still a great representation of the joker in spite of its "upgraded" figure. It's like choosing which iron man to get. The mk IV or the mk vi. If the differences are slight, one shouldn't make the other moot.

There aren't words to describe how much I utterly disagree with these statements. :lol

DX11 is a tremendous improvement in every aspect. The clothes are actually movie accurate this time and two sculpts that don't look cartoony like the DX01.

Now that doesn't mean I don't like the DX01 I still think it's an awesome figure and would have kept it if I didn't need the money for the 2.0 which I think is just a better figure overall. If money and space isn't an issue and you still like the DX01 then don't sell. Just pick up the 2.0 and have two Jokers if that is your fancy.

There aren't words to describe how much I utterly disagree with these statements. :lol

DX11 is a tremendous improvement in every aspect. The clothes are actually movie accurate this time and two sculpts that don't look cartoony like the

Completely agree. DX01 was just blown into oblivion with obsolescence with this release. I simply don't obsess about joker so I didn't notice or care about the outfit accuracies of dx01 though I always thought his head looked like a cartoon mouse. Then the thousand dollar heads rolled by and I shook my head because it didn't seem any better. Then Kato did his clothes and they were clearly better but again I did not care.

Then Dx11 comes out better head than we've seen yet AND Kato clothes AND a laughing head AND a table set like those customizes all were sellin for 80 bucks

I sell my cartoon mouse joker for the price of this new one keep the cop and it looks like the guy who cared the least got the last laugh!

Last edited:
Personally I would keep it, you can have one street scene and one interrogation scene for display without having to buy a bunch of parts to do so. But as everyone has stated, you will have to make that decision yourself.

Keep the DX01!! Why? Because the DX01 has the CLEAN MAKEUP, which is how he looks throughout of the film. The DX11 is very scene specific. I would sell the Bank Robber joker because the head sculpt is just bad. Bad paint, nose too small, wrong shape of the face, and no skin texture. Also, the DX11 HAS THE SAME MAKE UP STYLE AS THE BANK ROBBER VERSION, so that makes the BRJ obsolete....keep the DX 01, still the second best joker from hot toys. DX11 is now #1 :)

Last edited:
they are all different, all have distinct personalities, and all resonate differently with whoever owns them.

keep him if you love him. sell him if you need the money or only want one and intend to or already have ordered a dx11.

it's really that simple.

Like you, Rob_UK_123 I'm a huge Nolan Batman fan, too and one time had all of those figures and more...but due to space and money to buy upcoming figs, I ended up selling Two-Face, Scarecrow....and, that's right DX01 Joker :wink1:

Right now, I have Joker 2.0 on pre-order and looking forward to Catwoman as well. Get the Bat-pod while price is still low. Once you get your hands on Bane, you'll love it, too as much as I did after I unboxed him last week. :hi5:

Keep the DX02, throw away the ugly PERS HS use the laughing HS, strip the long coat and sit him for the diorama. .... That's what i have in mind later tonight....

tumblr_mgsp13bqAo1r49vc3o1_500.jpg

Back