Where's Medicom's Ichabod Crane?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks great, but the $200 price tag kills any temptation I would've had to get him.

Sideshow doesn't have all the pictures, dont know why. All they gave him are the goggles and the Gun. This will probably be a one off, doubt we will get the Horseman

FIG-KAI-2001_04.jpg

FIG-KAI-2001_05.jpg

FIG-KAI-2001_06.jpg

FIG-KAI-2001_07.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics!

Those googles really make it even more tempting. It also looks like there will be an extra hand in the pincher position to hold the googles.

Cool!

Well, at least he comes with a couple of accessories, but dear lord, that price!!! What are they thinking? That's just insane.

God, I wish Hot Toys would really pick up these licenses. I'd go mad for Sweeney Todd and Sleepy Hollow figures produced by HT!!

Me too but really, what is the odds of that happening. Hot Toys have so over-extended themselves with all of their announcements, they are going to be busy for a LONG time.

i can't remember the last medicom figure i've bought. :p

he looks good, but the price is killing it for me

One of the best, most realistic Medicom sculpts I've seen (even though this is the prototype--I'm sure the factory version won't look that good). But yeah, $200 is ridiculous. But the price isn't surprising for Medicom.

like everyone else, this is a great looking figure, and glad he comes with some accessories, but the price tag is ridiculous for this guy.

Medicom always seems to do Johnny Depp justice, but their prices keep getting higher with accessories becoming more scarce :(

i can't remember the last medicom figure i've bought. :p

he looks good, but the price is killing it for me

Currently, I have only three Medicom figures:

Sweeney Todd (paid $75 after using Sideshow gift card)
Jack Shepard from LOST (paid $50 after using Sideshow gift card)
Phantom/Winslow Leach of Phantom of the Paradise(paid full price years ago... around $100)

I wanted to get the Medicom Willy Wonka (not the horrid Gentle Giant one) but I didn't like the movie as much as I thought I would. But I love the character of Willy Wonka so much (from the book and the classic film) that I've been tempted a couple of times. I came close to picking him up once for $75. But ulimately passed.

I think that Ichabod will be my fourth. I won't be paying $200 that for sure. Alter Ego has him for $180... still too high. What I'm probably going to do is surf Ebay when he is released and get him at the best price. Or like I did with Sweeney, wait until Sideshow offers him for gift card eligibility and snag him then. A lot of Sideshow's Medicom offerings end up there. But that also means a whole lot of waiting. :(

But I WILL have him. Those googles cinched it. :wink1:

Last edited:
Medicom is crazy thinking they can get away with a $200 price tag. I mean how many vastly superior HT figures can be had for $150? At $200 you are getting into DX and Iron Man figure levels. This is a $50-60 figure really. Minimal accessories, poor likeness, and inevitable poor production paint. They should just stick to over-priced sytlized figures and leave the realistic work to HT. I mean I like the idea of a Depp line, but do it right for crying out loud!

I like the sculpt, and the accessories look good, even though there are almost none. But, that price is ridiculous.

Add a working satchel and a spellbook with a slug sunk in the cover, and I might think about it if I see it for around $100. Otherwise, I'm not interested. Which sucks, because Ichabod is my favorite Depp role.

I'd rather see the Horseman. Even Medicom can't mess up that headsculpt :lol

Well, I guess they could if they did Walken instead of a stump :rotfl

I love this movie. This was initially a sure thing til I saw the price. What the hell is Medicom Smoking?

Gonna wait til someone sells it used.

Alter ego has it for $179

This probably has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. They are making this figure solely because its Depp and no other reason. Someone at Medicom was all like " Bring me another Depp figure, quickly damn you! Im all out! We NEED more Depp figures. My tub is nearly full, just a few more!!" "But sir there aren't any new movies.. perhaps we could do Public Enemies?" " NO YOU FOOL! his hair must be LUXURIOUS ! I demand long flowing locks !" "uh..uh shh uh- SLEEPY HOLLOW ? " "YESSS! YES! DO IT! GO!" :panic:

Probably exactly what happened.

One of the best, most realistic Medicom sculpts I've seen (even though this is the prototype--I'm sure the factory version won't look that good). But yeah, $200 is ridiculous. But the price isn't surprising for Medicom.

I totally agree... I REALLY like this sculpt. I don't know if would be toying with the idea of buying him if they kept the original sculpt. The googles can only do so much to hide that abominaion.

And yeah, I'm realy worried that the factory paint will screw up the sculpt (ala Jack Shepard). I guess time will tell. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Medicom should stop making 1/6 figurines.

I think that is being unfairly harsh. I'm a big fan of what Hot Toys is doing (I own their Apes, Watchmen and Hellboy figures) but I would hate to look ONLY to them for any new figure releases. They are helping me re-define the word patient.

Besides, I really think that Hot Toys has made a few questionable choices of license acquisitions (Expendibles, Prince of Persia, Platoon) and have laid a few eggs recently in terms of character likenesses (Abigail Whistler, Dastan, T-1000 and Charlie Sheen from Platoon are poor even by Medicom standards).

More importantly, Hot Toys has had a hard time keeping up with the licenses that they have already acquired... why would I want them to add even MORE on their plate? Where are the Avartar figures? Their Marvel Movie license hasn't yielded any new figures from uber popular X-Men movies nor the Spiderman films. Yet we get Perseus and Dastan. Very frustrating.

We need more toy companies in the 1:6 scale business... not less. Would it be nice if Medicom stepped up their game in the light of Hot Toys releases? Sure. Perhaps the changing of the Ichabod head sculpt is a indication of that.

Medicom may not be the greatest toy company (their Freddie Mercury figure was a HUGE disappointment for me, personally), but I will always be grateful to them for making the Phantom of the Paradise figure. That is a figure that I would have NEVER thought in my wildest dreams would have EVER been made. And they made two versions.

At least Medicom doesn't use rubber for their bodies. Cheap shot, I know. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

If Medicom didn't still make 1:6 figures, I would have no hope of ever getting Galaxy Express 999 Maetel and Emeraldas figures. Harlock might be all they do, but the fact that they did him makes it impossible to think I'll never see the others.

sorry bring up an old thread, but Ichabod is out now and just wondering if anyone bought him and is expecting him anytime soon so we can see some in-hand pics?

Hasn't shipped from Sideshow yet. But the pics are promising. Medicom has stepped up their game recently - they aren't playing in HT's ocean yet, nor have they stepped into Sideshow's swimming pool, but they're coming along. By the time they reach $600 a figure they might just be up to HT standards.

Back