Wheres Hurricane??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrshurricane

Super Freak
Reaction score
Firstly ,Happy New Year !! As some of you much to your annoyance havent seen anything from Glenn for a long time now.We thought long and hard over this and felt a full explanation was better than just 'family issues'>.As some of you know Gelnn has elderly parents ,his father suffering from advanced parkinsons disease.At the end of october Glenns fatgher whom to this point lived fairly well at the family home took a turn for the worse with a persistant cellulitis infection, as he suffers from parkinsons disease any treatment using antibiotics renders the medication used for his parkinsons virtually ineffective.With his condition worsening a decision was made for some respite care in a nursing home.Also a decsion was enforced by social services that his fathers bedroom ahd to be relocated to the ground floor of the home.This has had to be done by myself and Glenn, along with at that point 30 mile round trips to the home.On the 15 th december (glenns fortieth birthday) His father was rushed to St Marys hospital with severe septicemia and at 1130 that evening we were advised to make a decision about resuscitation should his heart fail.At this point he had kidney failure and things were not good.
The following day his kidneys 'rebooted' and he stabalised ,unfortunetly his mental state was such that he regressed to an ealier time in his life.As you can no doubt imagine this has been extremely upsetting for all of us, and thus no real progress on anything has be done.The snow and ice also played havock with travelling as G only rides motorcycles.Glenn is extemely close to his father who has supported his custom work by keeping the doors of 'the bank of mum and dad' always open.
At this point his father is much better but the origin of the sepsis is still a puzzle (NHS+XMAS = not alot done ).
Ive been advised that an ANH basic that was completed and due to be sent was held back due to the weather. An ANH replacement 'reveal' helmet is completed and just awaits photographing.The ROTJ final vader is all but done with some reworking of the soft goods in progress. Theres an well overdue ESB full option that has had alot of updates retro fitted is alos awaiting a new designed inner cape.Outstanding work on the snowtrooper gun will start again very soon along with the ROTS and ESB vaders thus incomplete.
Go easy on him.
Steph x

Last edited:
Wow, it sounds like you guys are really going through a lot. I wish you both the best, and I can't wait to see what Hurricane does next.

My father also has parkinsons disease...it makes life very difficult for him as well. I know all to well the problems you and your family faces with this. I hope everything works out for the best

Please send my best to Glenn...

I don't post much in his thread because I got a Vader, Stormtrooper and Fett from him long, long ago (and still deeply treasured!) but I do try to keep up with what he's working on. Really sorry to hear this news about his dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Greg

Glenn's custom Bespin Luke (with light up saber) is among my favourite possessions-- please pass along my warmest regards and thanks for the update-- Glenn should focus on the priority and leave the hobby to the side for the moment (unless it gives him a needed and rewarding break)... all of his family of collectors understand any delay/pause/ or absence.

:peace

Please send my best to Glenn as well!

I was going to contact him about a project that was started forever ago (my fault, not his), but I'll wait 'til things get better for him.

Please do keep us updated. Thanks!

Back