Where can I turn for missing Balrog whip piece??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fritz said:
Just curious, what is the actual value of a whip? We know what it would sell for intact but how much would it go for without the hand and whip?

PS. Adam = :rock

That was exactly the question I asked myself when I saw a "newbie" member asking this question...:eek:

I mean, you could go on Ebay, buy a Balrog with damaged whip and then come here, say you lost it and hope for some help - and whooot! you have a mint one again with only having paid for a damaged one.

(I'm not implying that's what was done here.)

The current value of an intact Balrog is probably ~2000 $ at the moment, one with a damaged whip (if mentioned in the description) would probably go for like 20% less, so the whip would be "worth" ~400 $ :horror

And if somebody would try selling one with the whip completely missing, I'd guess it would fetch a whole lot less.

(All just guesses, of course.)

Adam,

I want to give you a resounding thank you for your help!

In fact, I would like to express my gratitude to all of you who have posted in this thread with your suggestions.

Brad

PB - Glad Adam came through for you! He truly is a gentleman and a scholar.

For those of you who have broken whips, I can tell you they can be repaired "relatively" easily. I've done a couple so far, and the main cause appears to be the wire is cast too close to the surface and cracks the resin when it flexes.

Look at that . . .

I'm telling you Rick is the man!

For those of you who've been on this board for awhile you know that we are fortunate enough to have one of the best paintmasters on the planet as a fellow Lord of the Rings fan. His repair work is "invisible" level quality. There was a post a few months back on statueforum.com where he walked through a repair process on a Cave Troll shattered arm. Simply breathtaking.

He's also done what I consider definitive repaints on many Lord of the Rings busts. If you have the money and a broken piece, he's worth every penny and more. You will get a statue that is literally better than before.

Anyway that's my plug for him. For those of you needing your broken whips fixed, this guy's is the Answer.

Dennis

Back