When will we see ESB Hot toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean but since they are releasing a Force Awakens version of C3PO it could be a looong wait until we get the original trilogy C3PO. Maybe 2 or 3 years.

The TFA C3PO is going to have a regular gold arm as well, so unless there were any major differences in the costume (I'm not a costume expert so feel free to correct me haha) I can see HT just killing two birds with one stone with that figure.

The TFA C3PO is going to have a regular gold arm as well, so unless there were any major differences in the costume (I'm not a costume expert so feel free to correct me haha) I can see HT just killing two birds with one stone with that figure.

Would need a silver right leg for the OT version.

TFA C3P0 is also a bit bigger around the waist and his gold seems very different to me.

I think Hot Toys is starting to get a few more ESB figures out there. I know they've been showing off a snowtrooper at the cons and fairs. Sideshow has some ESB figures out as well if you're not strictly an HT collector (their ESB Boba Fett is probably my favorite figure). I would like to see a HT Lando though, the face sculpt would be an improvement by today's standards. And I agree about a Hoth Leia. I've been holding off on buying a Leia in hopes of a Hoth version.

I wanted to hold off on a Hoth Leia but figured it could be years until one comes out, so went with ANH Leia. The collection would be weird without a Leia.

This may be an unpopular opinion to have, but I don't really need multiple variants of the same character aside from a select couple. For one thing, we hardly see Luke, Han, or Leia in their Hoth outfits or their Endor outfits, and they look a little goofy anyway. I can't see myself having a Hoth/Endor display.

The only variants I'm really interested in having are ROTJ Luke and Vader so I can recreate the final lightsaber battle, and of course Emperor Palpatine. I'm not buying the ANH Vader because I don't need two of him. I don't have Stormtrooper Luke or Han because (despite how cool they look) I can't justify spending so much money for outfits that we barely see. Other people will disagree with me, and I totally understand. I just have to be selective with my collection because of funds.

How does this relate to the thread? Basically, I just want to see ROTJ Luke, Vader, Emperor Palpatine, and Lando before we start seeing more variants. Variants are great for certain collectors, but I feel like we're still missing key characters. I also hope they move on to the PT before the new Force Awakens movie comes out because I'm dying to get an episode 3 Obi-Wan. But we probably won't see them touching those films for a long time unless we get lucky.

I agree with you in that I wouldn't want multiple versions of the same character but with Hoth leia, she spends most of the film in that outfit even after she leaves Hoth, she just takes off the jacket. Also I am in the same boat in waiting fr ROTJ Luke, would love to display him with his Jabba palace cloak.

Would also love an ep 3 Ani.

Agreed about Hoth Leia. I would probably buy her and replace the other one if it was released. Hot Toys just makes it so difficult by putting out all of these variants because you have to decide which versions of the characters are more important to you. It gets even more complicated when you throw TFA into the mix.

Yep, with Rey I think her TFA figure is really cool but don't want to buy it and see her with an even cooler outfit in episode 8. Same with Old Luke.

I agree with you in that I wouldn't want multiple versions of the same character but with Hoth leia, she spends most of the film in that outfit even after she leaves Hoth, she just takes off the jacket. Also I am in the same boat in waiting fr ROTJ Luke, would love to display him with his Jabba palace cloak.

That's the Leia I'm waiting for. To me, that look is just as iconic as the hair buns and the bikini. And the outfit is a little more interesting than the ANH gown.

Yep, with Rey I think her TFA figure is really cool but don't want to buy it and see her with an even cooler outfit in episode 8. Same with Old Luke.

Yep, that's exactly why I haven't even considered buying any TFA figures yet. I'm holding off until the next movie is out, at least. Maybe even until the trilogy is over because I have so many other things I'd rather focus on for now.

Makes sense. But the only problem with that is that by the time the next movie comes out, and then the one after that, the original Rey from TFA will be super expensive in the secondary market and/or impossible to get. Your only hope would be that HT makes a new TFA version at that point. That is, if you end up preferring the TFA version after seeing the next 2.

My thinking too. The only character I want more than one of, is Luke. I'm hoping to eventually have three detolf shelves with OT heroes.

ANH Luke, Bespin Han, Hoth Leia
ESB Lando, Chewie, 3PO, R2
Obi Wan, Jedi Luke, Yoda.

My thoughts exactly. The HT ANH Leia has an amazing head sculpt but the dress is pretty boring looking.

I agree. I hopped on the Rey & BB-8 two back, mostly because I wanted BB-8, but I have most of my Star Wars figures from ANH (Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, Vader), so I thought it would be worthwhile to go with Rey from the first time we saw her as well. I'll probably be pissed and have to get it if she's wearing a cooler outfit then...I may have to cave especially if she's in a Jedi outfit.

But what really scares me about waiting is that with the way prices are climbing, the next Rey will be pushing $300. That's why I'm glad all the Marvel superheroes and Star Wars characters from the OT are available now, before it really starts getting bad.

ESB Han and Leia are my grail figures, so I'm hoping HT will get around to making them sooner rather than later. I think the performance from both actors was best in this part of the trilogy and I prefer the ESB costumes to the ones from ANH and ROTJ.

The ESB figures I really want are pretty much long shots. I know Leia and probably Han will be coming so I don't really count them. The Snowtrooper Commander was previewed and that was one grail surprisingly off the list. So for me, General Veers and Admiral Piett are the grail/long shots I want.

The ESB figures I really want are pretty much long shots. I know Leia and probably Han will be coming so I don't really count them. The Snowtrooper Commander was previewed and that was one grail surprisingly off the list. So for me, General Veers and Admiral Piett are the grail/long shots I want.

Similar thinking here. To get Veers from Hot Toys would be a dream realised. He was the only competent and ruthless imperial, never beaten.

Leia Hoth, Lando and Yoda where the 3 I most wanted. Hopefully I can pick Yoda up when he releases (I missed my local dealers cut off with it sadly).

I would also love to get Piett and Ozzel too. Maybe even a lobot with light up head piece.

If HT make a Tarkin then Id imagine we would get Veers at some point. Anything is possible after the Gonk droid.

Back