When was the last time you admired your collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosfer@tu303

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I sat down the other night and just looked at my Premium format figures, admiring the expertise and hard work that must have gone into each figure,
I know we cant wait til our figures arrive so we can show them off but how many of us soon move onto the next favourite and place them on a shelf out of mind.
When was the last occasion you spent some time to check them out?
Take another look at your collection and enjoy them.

I have several of my favorite pieces displayed in my office at work, and take a few moments to enjoy them on a very regular basis! I also get to admire them and talk about them whenever someone sees them for the first time or notices something new I've rotated in. :rock

I can't right now, they're all back in their cardboard tombs whilst I'm at university...

I admire it every day. It's relaxing to go into the toy room and kick back in a chair and listen to some tunes and look over the collection.

I admire every day that God does, it relaxes me, it's a real pleasure, I also took time to rediscover parts that I could buy some time ago, I look at the details of faces, clothing for PF imagine them contemplating the work of sculptors, painters, etc ...
The more I get older and I realize that it's a passion that is not ready to stop ...

Every night, before going to sleep,
I take at least a couple of minutes to the 'museum" room and enjoy my collection... :rotfl
On the weekends, I might even take at least a half hour to enjoy it!

Its hard to explain the pleasure I get from looking at mine, friends at work often remark
"bought any new toys lately"
which totally misses the point with me.
These are works of art that remind me of the the times when as a child Frankenstein etc used to thrill/scare me.
When I do have visitors round most become very envious at my collection and are genuinely interested.

I admire them everytime I walk into my room. Most are in their boxes in the garage but I rotate them every month.

As often as possible. I'm very happy to have the entire office of my home as a collection room, and very pleased with the new display setup purchased from Ikea. The only thing lacking now is better lighting. You could probably say that I admire my collection too much, bordering on mild obsession. But this definately is a fun hobby. I agree with you that they are like small works of art.

:D

Today I got the Samaritan and I was watching TV with it :D

Right now it's resting on the base on my desk.
Tomorrow it will go up in my shelves with the rest of my collection along with some nice led lighting above it.

Although I might take it back and leave it next to my monitor and admire it when I'm typing posts on this forum :D

But I do admire my entire collection at least 3-4 times a week.

I'm very lucky in the fact that I have such a great room to display ALL my stuff in--being able to view your entire collection at once is a real joy.

Lately a lot of us have been doing more admiring and less buying due to the economy. It makes you take a moment, stop and appreciate what you do have.

Lately a lot of us have been doing more admiring and less buying due to the economy. It makes you take a moment, stop and appreciate what you do have.

Agreed.

And sometimes it makes me wonder (with certain pieces) "what the f#$% was I f@#$ing thinking spending that kind of money on such a childish little piece of s@#$."

Sometimes this ends with me getting drunk and making love to the piece in question, in which case I can never look at it the same way again...

about four seconds ago when i looked up from the computer screen.

As often as possible. I'm very happy to have the entire office of my home as a collection room, and very pleased with the new display setup purchased from Ikea. The only thing lacking now is better lighting. You could probably say that I admire my collection too much, bordering on mild obsession. But this definately is a fun hobby. I agree with you that they are like small works of art.

:D

I exactly feel the same way. I bought quite a bit from IKEA to furnish my collection, but I also lack better lighting. I may have to make another trip to IKEA and get more lights.

This is so true. I admire my collection now more than ever, though there are pieces out there I cannot afford. It really does make you appreciate what you do have.

Every night, before going to sleep, I take at least a couple of minutes to the 'museum" room and enjoy my collection...On the weekends, I might even take at least a half hour to enjoy it!

How funny! I do exactly the same thing. My woman thinks I'm nutty or something as I say goodnight to each item.

I admire them regularly but really took a minute to on Tuesday when I was cleaning out my office. It became immediately clear that I am fast running out of room and display options. :lol

Back