When should I file an paypal dispute?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psycho

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok so I bought an DBZ Sh Figuarts Trunks from this guy on an facebook group. First he tells me he will ship it last Tuesday, then Friday. Now supposedly he's shipping today but I've yet to get any tracking number. How much longer should I wait before I file an dispute? I paid on May 04th.

Give the guy until Friday evening to ship the item and then file a PayPal dispute.

Don't worry, if you file the dispute within 45 days of payment you are in the clear.

You paid a week ago... paypal's dispute period is 45 days isn't it? The only issue I can see is that from what the seller has told you the item should have been shipped and it hasn't. I'm guessing that you wouldn't be nervous about it had the seller said they wouldn't be able to ship it for a week from the get-go.

I'd contact the seller and let them know their shifting around is making you nervous and you're going to file a dispute. That might get them moving.

You paid a week ago... paypal's dispute period is 45 days isn't it? The only issue I can see is that from what the seller has told you the item should have been shipped and it hasn't. I'm guessing that you wouldn't be nervous about it had the seller said they wouldn't be able to ship it for a week from the get-go.

I'd contact the seller and let them know their shifting around is making you nervous and you're going to file a dispute. That might get them moving.

Yeah that's the thing I would understand IF he said he wouldn't be able to ship for a week... But he's now said three times he would ship it and still no dice.... I contacted him and he said he's gonna give me a refund. So hopefully he goes through with that, if no refund by Friday then paypal dispute. Paypal dispute is now 180 days, not 45.

Sometimes my gut just tells me to file it and bail out now... especially with the people that can't seem to do what they tell you they are going to do. It could be a sign of bigger problems such as incorrectly described items.

Back