When do Exclusives go on sale????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlprjlpr

Super Freak
Reaction score
Today I woke up in the morning and looked at my email and found a Sideshow Newsletter that said the Star Wars Premium Format Exclusive Scout Trooper was now on sale. So I went to the website and it was already sold out! It wasn't available yesterday. So when did it go on sale? I know that many times items go on sale at specific preannounced times (often Fridays at 10 AM Pacific time) but as far as I know there was no prior announcement of when the PF Scout Trooper was going to go on sale. Did I miss something? Or did this just go up at a random time without any prior warning? Is there something I don't know about the way these exclusives go on sale other than the preannounced ones? I would appreciate any comments on this because I don't want to miss the next one!

Welcome. Generally there are two ways that items go up for PO. One is the Priority Pre-Order (PPO) which are announced a head of time and usually are slated for Fridays at 10 AM. The next way are newsletter orders, when you see an official teaser in a newsletter more often than not the piece goes on sale in the next newsletter the following week. The exclusives being offered first obviously. You have to check the NL at around 5:45 PST to be sure to get a chance of course that is not accounting for SSC's website issues.

I've learned to always check Sideshow's newsletter directly from their website every Thursday, as something similar happened to me. Even though they send out the newsletter on that day, it never seems to arrive in my inbox until a day or two later. So, from now on, go to Sideshow's site every Thursday and check out the newsletter from the link on the first page.

I knew about the Priority Pre-Order but had no idea about the newsletter orders. So the newsletters come out every Thursday at about 5:45 PM Pacific Time? So you go on the Sideshow website and log in to the newsletter, correct? Thanks everyone for the information for next time.

So I got on the waitlist for the exclusive of 300 this morning. What do you all think my chances are of getting one? Thanks again!

I knew about the Priority Pre-Order but had no idea about the newsletter orders. So the newsletters come out every Thursday at about 5:45 PM Pacific Time? So you go on the Sideshow website and log in to the newsletter, correct? Thanks everyone for the information for next time.

So I got on the waitlist for the exclusive of 300 this morning. What do you all think my chances are of getting one? Thanks again!

Probably not great, seeing as that one went up for pre-order many months ago. There are probably dozens of other people who got on the wait list before you did, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

That being said, nothing's for certain. I got on the wait list for the exclusive Indiana Jones Premium Format four days after it had sold out, and my reservation converted just before the holidays.

All that to say, anything's possible, but research other options while you wait. Also, you'll probably be able to get one from eBay soon after they start shipping, as many people who order the exclusives do so to "flip" them on eBay for a profit.

Probably not great, seeing as that one went up for pre-order many months ago. There are probably dozens of other people who got on the wait list before you did, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

That being said, nothing's for certain. I got on the wait list for the exclusive Indiana Jones Premium Format four days after it had sold out, and my reservation converted just before the holidays.

All that to say, anything's possible, but research other options while you wait. Also, you'll probably be able to get one from eBay soon after they start shipping, as many people who order the exclusives do so to "flip" them on eBay for a profit.

He was talking about the Biker Scout exclusive that went up last night.

Sorry, I didn't mean the movie 300, I meant the limited edition numbered at 300 units of the Star Wars Scout Trooper.
It went on sale yesterday evening and I got on the wait list this morning so I'm asking those of you with more experience with this what my chances are of getting it from the wait list?

Sorry, I didn't mean the movie 300, I meant the limited edition numbered at 300 units of the Star Wars Scout Trooper.
It went on sale yesterday evening and I got on the wait list this morning so I'm asking those of you with more experience with this what my chances are of getting it from the wait list?

If you got on that early your chances are very good it will convert . . . :)

Don't bother logging into the NL for new stuff coming out, it always appears in the orderable boxes on the frontpage at the time the NL is published. The NL logs in though is usually the only way to get your hands on things like 2nd Chance orders....order what you want first then go back and read the NL.

He was talking about the Biker Scout exclusive that went up last night.

Oh, well that makes a world of difference. I'd say he has good chances of his waitlist reservation converting if it's only been a day or so.

Note to topic creator: It's a good idea to refer to items by name and not edition size. :D

Today I woke up in the morning and looked at my email and found a Sideshow Newsletter that said the Star Wars Premium Format Exclusive Scout Trooper was now on sale. So I went to the website and it was already sold out! It wasn't available yesterday. So when did it go on sale? I know that many times items go on sale at specific preannounced times (often Fridays at 10 AM Pacific time) but as far as I know there was no prior announcement of when the PF Scout Trooper was going to go on sale. Did I miss something? Or did this just go up at a random time without any prior warning? Is there something I don't know about the way these exclusives go on sale other than the preannounced ones? I would appreciate any comments on this because I don't want to miss the next one!

He did mention the items name in the first post
x :peace

He did mention the items name in the first post

True, but I think I can be forgiven since it had been hours since I read that first post, and you've gotta admit that the phrase: "So I got on the waitlist for the exclusive of 300 this morning" is easily misconstrued, especially when there's a Leonidas PF from the movie 300 available from Sideshow. :rolleyes:

It's not the OP's fault you hadn't read the thread correctly or seen the first post in a couple of hours.

Anyway, I don't usually get the NL unti Fri afternoon so I usually just log in and check it when I get up on a Fri morn, as its usually comes out through the night(my time).

Last edited:
Anyway, I don't usually get the NL unti Fri afternoon so I usually just log in and check it when I get up on a Fri morn, as its usually comes out through the night(my time).

Yup, thats exactly what I do...which normally means missing out on the very limited exclusives :monkey2:monkey2:lol

Back