What's your greatest joy in the Sideshow lines and why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Universal / Classic Monsters are Sideshow's cornerstone. The 8" line is orginally what drew me to the company - and a return to collecting as a whole - something I hadn't done since I was younger and bought the Aurora re-issue models. Those 8" figures rekindled those memories in a big way. I, like many was excited as the prospect of Sideshow moving towards 12" format for that line, and was honestly a little disappointed with the first Frankenstien Monster - thinking he seemed a little anorexic, skinny neck and all. But, Sideshow improved with each new figure, and the entire line (with the exemption of The Mummy- bandaged too tight and unposable) has brought me collecting joy. They provided the only opportunity to actually own a Dwight Frye (twice) 12" figure. While sales on the UM line may not compare to other, more profitable Modern Horror or Buffy lines (no thanks on both) - I hope they will still commit to the classic line.

I must also mention the Bayonets and Barbwire series which no one has brought up yet. This is the only other line which I own a complete set of as well - beautifully done - and one of a kind as no other company have really touched upon in as much detail and attention. I hope they continue with this one as well.

Who was this dstephan guy. Looks like he got banned pretty quick. Dumb knewb.

I don't have any of them but the Six Gun Legends line has always interested me. I love my westerns

Wow thats the second time i've seen an old thread got dug up today, farting poll was the first. anymore? :)

Initially it was the Star Wars line, then the quality really dropped off for a while there, and then they've made a big comeback with Darth Vader, the Emperor, the troopers.

Having said that though, I have been most impressed with their GI Joe line, which when it first debuted was underwhelming, but NOW, they have some really interesting figures coming out. Beachhead, Cobra Viper, Rock 'N Roll, Zartan, the Crimson Guard. Hope it continues for them because supposedly they are doing Baroness and Destro soon.

Marvel.

If the Buffy line wasn't maquette size, then I would say Buffy (had it been PF) and if the first round of pf's didn't stop at a duplicate and two dudes.

So I have to go with Marvel. I will get a lot more out of it and lots of PF's. Just what I like.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back