What's up with OSW!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I tried loading OSW on my Dad's PC and it also went to Google, so, it can't be a problem at this end.

There's a chance that you have a "redirect" virus. You may want to download "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and do a full scan. It's free and I use it even at work.

That's now unlikely as 2 PC's can't have the same problem.

I heard Britain is censoring it over too many Nazi figures. Sucks.

I don't know if you are joking or serious. Hmmmm.... if that is true, then yes it does suck. But another UK member was able to access it...so I don't know why the OP is having difficulties. Strange.

Are both PCs on same network?

If so simple answer its a DNS issue. Somehow your ISPs DNS is messed up and directing you to wrong place.

Like mfoga said. I was going to suggest trying a new pc as well. Also reset your router/internet modem and try getting a new ip address from your provider. I know Verizon was blocking a few forum sites out of HK that I was looking at a few years back. Ended up going to my mother-in-laws with my laptop and it worked she had a different internet provider.

To anyone in the US saying that it works, bully for you! Don't jump in halfway through. I'm in the UK!!

It's not a virus, and it can't be an ISP issue, if it was then I wouldn't be able to get onto the web at all.

I'll see what Pukingdog, somebody who actually works on the site, has to say, if anyone will know of any issues the people running the site will.

Till then, the rest of you can quit it till I get a definitive answer. Facts work better than random theories!

You ask for help and then stubbornly refute all the answers as "random theories". What were you expecting? Hope an apology is ready when you realize its a problem on your end.

What mfoga was saying is it could be a DNS issue. Worth looking into. No need to get hostile towards those just offering suggestions.

I was willing to help but now f it. You come here ask for help, some of us who obviously know much more about how the Internet works tried to help but obviously we are just guessing what the problem is and have no clue what we are talking about. Good luck getting the webmaster to fix yourissue.

I used the Windows troubleshooter to try to connect to the site and it said it got a 403 Forbidden message. Is that an issue at my end?

I used the Windows troubleshooter to try to connect to the site and it said it got a 403 Forbidden message. Is that an issue at my end?

I would say yes...but then I would be only offering a useless theory and not facts. You should have listened to mfoga - he knows a lot about computers and probably would have helped you out.

If your saying that your ISP is not the problem then it could be that your modems IP address is banned from the site.

It could be this:

The site may be disabled: Some hosting services, may respond with HTTP 403 errors when they have disabled a site (e.g. because it did not comply with their Terms of Service).

I still think it's best to wait till there's official word from anyone from OSW.

Had I been banned, which is unlikely, I would have been warned first and then told I'd been banned.

Sorry if I got snotty, but, without any word from OSW as to any issues then we can't make other assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back