What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I still find it hard to believe that Wai Man has done this. I've only lost £83.00, but some have lost hundreds. I hope to God that their credit card companies will help them out.

As a fellow dealer I can not really say much without coming across biased but... The least he can do is keep people updated. He has social media and this forum and I am sure he can spare a few minutes just to let people know exactly what is happening.

I do not really know how it has come to this either, products have not been delayed that much, I sent out my Marty Mcfly's months ago yet people that ordered from OSB are still waiting. Makes no sense to me.

Interesting post on OSB Facebook

Sam Costidell A heads up to those who have preordered the AX2 Smith Baker from OSB - With all the problems here I was worried about the status of the order so sent AX2 an email asking about it and whether I might be able to convert the order from OSB into one directly from them.

I received a reply stating that OSB had not placed any orders for the figure. I'm not sure what next step I can take as I believe it's outside the PP limit of time, but it would appear the listing was fraudulent. If anyone else out there ordered the figure, would you mind replying to this comment? It would be good to see how many people this has affected and see if there's anything we can do.

Interesting post on OSB Facebook

Sam Costidell A heads up to those who have preordered the AX2 Smith Baker from OSB - With all the problems here I was worried about the status of the order so sent AX2 an email asking about it and whether I might be able to convert the order from OSB into one directly from them.

I received a reply stating that OSB had not placed any orders for the figure. I'm not sure what next step I can take as I believe it's outside the PP limit of time, but it would appear the listing was fraudulent. If anyone else out there ordered the figure, would you mind replying to this comment? It would be good to see how many people this has affected and see if there's anything we can do.

I wouldn't imagine that this is revealing anything. OSB were quite open about the fact that they were a grey importer, so they probably wouldn't have ordered directly from AX2. I would assume that they ordered from their supplier in China.

Glad I got my refunds earlier this year. Just seems like onesixthbruce has folded

this has pushed me back to purchasing from only two places. Forbidden planet (uk) and then sideshow. It may cost me more, but at least I get piece of mind that I will get what I paid for.

Where is the best place to order from in the uk now? used to get mine from onesixthbruce but have they gone under?

So those of you who are owed money from this crook are completely out of luck?
I think people are out of pocket from what I have seen via the posts here. No updates from OSB or even a post to tell the community sorry we are bust

I think people are out of pocket from what I have seen via the posts here. No updates from OSB or even a post to tell the community sorry we are bust

That's terrible...sorry to everyone. I guess his "bad back" was a ruse.

That's the first rule in scamming, good excuses to gain sympathy from your intended victims. "-My mother/brother/sister/kid/first cousins in-laws were in the hospital".

As for people asking who to order from. Simple no matter how sound the person is or a stand up guy you need to protect your money.

Stick to paying by Creditcard but do not use paypal or any other 3rd party brokers this breaks the chain and voids section 75 consumer credit act which protect payment over £100 for 5-6 years

Do not place large deposits.
Do not pay for items that are not ready to ship in a couple of weeks.
You have 6 months to process a charge back on debit cards/creditcards if you think something is going wrong. (its different than section 75) less hassle and small print.
I believe paypal now has 100 or 120 day protection?

I almost got stung by mother basement did not learn my lesson now am out of pocket for £400 quid.

There are some brilliant sellers out there but you need to protect yourself as you do not know whats going on in their personal life or bank accounts

That's the first rule in scamming, good excuses to gain sympathy from your intended victims. "-My mother/brother/sister/kid/first cousins in-laws were in the hospital".

you forgot the other one I have heard on this board recently, "My other job has kept me too busy. I'll post an update soon." :slap

What I don't get is that there's no bricks and mortar store right? So unless he was ripped off by a supplier there's no real way with preorders to not make some money (dependent on your mark up which you know going in), so how did it go so bad without it being intentional?
And people on here were always saying he was a straight up guy.

All I do know is this is bad for uk collectors

It's actually pretty easy for it to go wrong. Especially if you balloon in orders. Say he Has money from old POs like starlord and other figures that cost 150-200 bucks for him. Then the hulk releases and he's forced to pay the supplier for a figure that costs 30% more, with a suddenly larger order. It's very easy to be in the negative. Especially if people had requested refunds or cancelled orders after he put in his order to his supplier. He's then got a lot more stock to pay for them money to cover it.

No one likes to say it or think about it, but the whole PO business is essentially a Ponzi scheme. All it takes is one bad figure (sales wise not on the merit of the figure) or a lot of PO cancelled and suddenly your in trouble.

My guess is that they just don't have the money to refund people, not enough to cover orders either. So they kept putting up new POs to try and use that to pay off old figure orders and refunds. But eventually word gets out and sales dry up and the whole system comes crashing down.

This type of thing could easily happen to sideshow as well. It would take years Becuase they have working Capitol and credit...but if suddenly a string of higher priced statues and figures bomb it's entirely possible. This is part of why I point out and stress why ordering a figure and then cancelling it later, or ordering it and not knowing if you even want it, is a bad idea. Someone has to eat that money. If 10% of all POs cancel that's a huge hit financially on a company. If it's on something like hulkbuster...and the figure doesn't sell out at retail price...all those cancelled POs cost the company thousands. Becuase the end retailer (sideshow or osb) still has to pay the full cost to the supplier for the figure. But now have an excess of stock.

Anyway...I don't expect this to happen with sideshow. They have a cart diversified portfolio and are distributors as well as retail. But I was just explaining that it's not hard for this to happen. And once it starts, it's very hard to recover. It's entirely possible that osb had/has no intention to scam or steal but they just got over extended and can't figure a way back. And coming out publicly and explain it(previously as now it probably wouldn't matter as they seem done) would only have hurt the one chance they had to pay back people and maybe stay afloat, which was new sales. But if they came out and said "look, we are cash poor, our credit is maxed, our supplier bailed, the only way we can fix it is if people keep giving us money..." Lol well, you can see how that plays. On top of legal issues. Lol

I am not defending them. They made some crappy mistakes and bad business calls....just trying to show people that it may not have been on purpose. And that when you order a figure on PO you need to understand the ramifications that can happen.

It was just a question. I don't know the guy at all and never used then but I see how you theory could explain it.
I understand that that were usually very cheap so I wonder if he cut his margin too thin and when he started to have issues and people cancelled he just didn't have the resources to weather it. But still if he was still receiving product he must have been able to flog that and still have some cash flow....
I guess only one person really knows and he ain't telling us

It's actually pretty easy for it to go wrong. Especially if you balloon in orders. Say he Has money from old POs like starlord and other figures that cost 150-200 bucks for him. Then the hulk releases and he's forced to pay the supplier for a figure that costs 30% more, with a suddenly larger order. It's very easy to be in the negative. Especially if people had requested refunds or cancelled orders after he put in his order to his supplier. He's then got a lot more stock to pay for them money to cover it.

No one likes to say it or think about it, but the whole PO business is essentially a Ponzi scheme. All it takes is one bad figure (sales wise not on the merit of the figure) or a lot of PO cancelled and suddenly your in trouble.

My guess is that they just don't have the money to refund people, not enough to cover orders either. So they kept putting up new POs to try and use that to pay off old figure orders and refunds. But eventually word gets out and sales dry up and the whole system comes crashing down.

This type of thing could easily happen to sideshow as well. It would take years Becuase they have working Capitol and credit...but if suddenly a string of higher priced statues and figures bomb it's entirely possible. This is part of why I point out and stress why ordering a figure and then cancelling it later, or ordering it and not knowing if you even want it, is a bad idea. Someone has to eat that money. If 10% of all POs cancel that's a huge hit financially on a company. If it's on something like hulkbuster...and the figure doesn't sell out at retail price...all those cancelled POs cost the company thousands. Becuase the end retailer (sideshow or osb) still has to pay the full cost to the supplier for the figure. But now have an excess of stock.

Anyway...I don't expect this to happen with sideshow. They have a cart diversified portfolio and are distributors as well as retail. But I was just explaining that it's not hard for this to happen. And once it starts, it's very hard to recover. It's entirely possible that osb had/has no intention to scam or steal but they just got over extended and can't figure a way back. And coming out publicly and explain it(previously as now it probably wouldn't matter as they seem done) would only have hurt the one chance they had to pay back people and maybe stay afloat, which was new sales. But if they came out and said "look, we are cash poor, our credit is maxed, our supplier bailed, the only way we can fix it is if people keep giving us money..." Lol well, you can see how that plays. On top of legal issues. Lol

I am not defending them. They made some crappy mistakes and bad business calls....just trying to show people that it may not have been on purpose. And that when you order a figure on PO you need to understand the ramifications that can happen.

When I spoke with my LCS, this is basically why the said the charge a 10% non-refundable deposit on items. If they have people that cancel and they get stuck with items, they can sell it at another 10% off and still break even. Plus they said it tends to deter people that are just looking to order items in order to flip them since they can't usually keep up with paying for them.

It makes sense from the business' end even if me as the customer might be able to find better deals at another shop. It does seem to catch up with a few of the shops though, as this isn't the only one that seemed to just fold up. I guess it becomes survival of the fittest as the smaller ones and ones that aren't run properly will get in trouble and more and more collectors will move towards the larger companies to feel more secure in their preorders.

Back