What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have preorders with them but won't be cancelling or requesting an immediate refund.[/QUOTE
How long would you wait? I don't mind waiting just wish they would give an estimate on a delivery time and reassurance that figures will definitely arrive. Otherwise I have know idea if they just intend to keep old deposits and spend that on newer stock!

I'll keep waiting. I know Wai Man has been worse with his back so I'm assuming Maggie is assisting him. Mazz is probably just keeping low, sourcing stock and completing orders or refunds. I have no other choice than to wait as two figs are Starlord and Starboost which will be out of stock or pricey elsewhere. If we've lost the dough on preorder so be it. The other figs are 1/4 Fett and heisenberg which are still on sale elsewhere. If they don't come through I'll just pay more elsewhere.

Others feel differently but for the 100 quid or so I have in deposits I'd rather see Wai Man (a friend) get better than worry about Toys or losing a little bit of money.

I'll keep waiting. I know Wai Man has been worse with his back so I'm assuming Maggie is assisting him. Mazz is probably just keeping low, sourcing stock and completing orders or refunds. I have no other choice than to wait as two figs are Starlord and Starboost which will be out of stock or pricey elsewhere. If we've lost the dough on preorder so be it. The other figs are 1/4 Fett and heisenberg which are still on sale elsewhere. If they don't come through I'll just pay more elsewhere.

Others feel differently but for the 100 quid or so I have in deposits I'd rather see Wai Man (a friend) get better than worry about Toys or losing a little bit of money.

Would you place any new orders with OSB?

I would t pace any new orders with osb, have currently got the 12th Dr on pre order from big chief studios , it is commendable that wai should have such loyal friendships But I do think that a situation like this could strain even the most loyal of friendship always does when money is involved , I'm just glad I got my amazing Spider-Man 2 figure when I did , and yes I did make a nuisance of myself , but only because I could see what was happening , and it is sad to see I've been proven right , but it is annoying to see that people that are fiercely loyal to osb defending them surely you can see that this is a ship which is sinking fast ? A company that is sticking their head in the sand , making a rod for their own back wai has got family surely he can get them to help out ? I now it is worrying when someone you care about is ill , but where money is involved it does seem to be the only answer that people get when they ask questions and I see 150 posts and counting on Facebook , that is getting worn out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Admittedly a bad situation was made worse by illness. It seems the company grew bigger than they could handle, especially since Maggie was only part-time.

After hiring Mazzik, customers thought they could finally get some answers, but he didn't seem to take well to the flack and was being noticeably upset about it. Now that they've essentially stopped posting anything on FB and Twitter, people can only assume the situation has gotten worse.

Given most customers have seen the stories about full preorders still not being refunded, who would even entertain paying beyond their deposit if OSB say it's now in stock? There's no trust there.

If any HT figs came out that I wanted, I'd preorder with Osb sure.

As for being fiercely loyal and supportive of Osb and therefore annoying some, I put people before pieces of plastic or money and it's my choice to do so. I've supported Osb as I honestly don't believe they are out to rip people off. Those who requested refunds got them including deposits long after the PayPal terms expired. Now things have changed and refunds aren't so forthcoming. I'd say it is due to the volume of requests, other admin and Wai Man's worsened condition. I still don't think they are set up to rip people off. Those who've lost deposits have only done so because they went the PayPal claim route. I think they would have eventually got a full refund from Osb but it's fair enough if they couldn't wait. I know my opinion won't please anybody and I might still be proven wrong but if I am what have I lost? A couple of figures and less than a hundred quid. I rather lose that than a friend.

BTW, for those who will moan, I stand by Osb because they've stood by me. I support them, never moan and have often messaged WM directly to tell him to hold back on my order and sort out the fb or freaks issues first. I'm honestly not bothered about waiting and I'm not doing it to be a hero. I just think if you treat people right, they treat you the same. Those moaning and hoping they go bust or demanding that they close or stop putting up preorders whilst awaiting refunds should think about that for a moment...

If any HT figs came out that I wanted, I'd preorder with Osb sure.

As for being fiercely loyal and supportive of Osb and therefore annoying some, I put people before pieces of plastic or money and it's my choice to do so. I've supported Osb as I honestly don't believe they are out to rip people off. Those who requested refunds got them including deposits long after the PayPal terms expired. Now things have changed and refunds aren't so forthcoming. I'd say it is due to the volume of requests, other admin and Wai Man's worsened condition. I still don't think they are set up to rip people off. Those who've lost deposits have only done so because they went the PayPal claim route. I think they would have eventually got a full refund from Osb but it's fair enough if they couldn't wait. I know my opinion won't please anybody and I might still be proven wrong but if I am what have I lost? A couple of figures and less than a hundred quid. I rather lose that than a friend.

BTW, for those who will moan, I stand by Osb because they've stood by me. I support them, never moan and have often messaged WM directly to tell him to hold back on my order and sort out the fb or freaks issues first. I'm honestly not bothered about waiting and I'm not doing it to be a hero. I just think if you treat people right, they treat you the same. Those moaning and hoping they go bust or demanding that they close or stop putting up preorders whilst awaiting refunds should think about that for a moment...

But most people don't have a personal relationship with OSB they ordered something from a website and didn't bargain for having to pay for figure not receive it and then worry about bad karma for not treating people right!

Not karma.

I don't expect others to feel the same way, as I've stated.

If I was in their position, the guys moaning and putting my business down on social media would be at the bottom of the pile for refunds.

I only have a personal relationship (contact only via phone or email/fb) because I contacted them with good feedback following my first order and Osb going the extra mile.

Plus...people are getting figures albeit after lengthy delays. We have yet to see if your accusations are correct.

We get it Jim; OSB were nice to you, and thus you have an undying trust in them. Congrats on being one of the few.

Others don't receive the same treatment. Money is held despite refunds being requested, false shipping dates are given to string them along, and they do not reply to any contact for months and even years.

We're not 'moaning'. It's appalling service and they're a business, not a friend. Nobody wants them to 'go bust' or 'close shop', they just want their money back or the product they paid for. People shouldn't have to keep an eye on OSB's social media accounts, email them multiple times or start a PayPal dispute.

I know my opinion won't please anybody and I might still be proven wrong but if I am what have I lost? A couple of figures and less than a hundred quid. I rather lose that than a friend.

These two things are intrinsically linked? WaiMan faces death if OSB has to give out refunds or reply to customers? I'm not sure trying to guilt trip people into feeling bad about their complaints is the best thing to do, especially in a country with a national health service.

If I was in their position, the guys moaning and putting my business down on social media would be at the bottom of the pile for refunds.

Your notion of obstructing customer service to those who complain loudest is incredibly vindictive and petty.

Plus...people are getting figures albeit after lengthy delays. We have yet to see if your accusations are correct.

Suppositions, not accusations. Nobody is saying what their current situation is because there is zero information coming from them, so we can only attempt to rationalise it ourselves with hypotheticals.

It's astounding you're such a zealot about this.

No guilt trips just the way I feel.

I have great sympathy for those who want their figures. Moaning is probably the wrong term. The average customer who wants figures or a refund I really do hope they get a swift resolution.

You might figure me a zealot, I'm not. I just hope for a positive conclusion where people get their figures, WM gets healthy again and Osb make a clean start of it.

You think I'm petty or vindictive but I'm sure most peoplewould react the same. Customer service is tough when some customers are petty or vindictive themselves.

I was asked earlier if I'd still order with them. I would and my friendship with wm is a part of that. Simple as that. I don't expect others to feel the same way and I've stated that.

I understand what you're saying jimbits76 but you do seem to be overly protective of osb. I'm not one of their customers so maybe my opinion is t relevant it I totally understand why people are getting upset. It's been going on for months and most people started out just wanting honest updates. The lack of updates has turned the mob angry. I get that. You say you have a hundred quid with them others have hundreds. I won't want to lose my money and if I had paid up for my item that I could have now bought elsewhere possibly cheaper and still haven't received it? Jeez ild be spitting fire by now.

No one wants any one to go out of business I try to support UK businesses but respect and trust once lost are hard to regain

I've had issues with OSB orders in the past and experienced poor comms but theys always came through but now it is getting daft, I think just some quick little messages to update people on what was happening would eliviate some concerns but the complete lack of any correspondence naturally plays to peoples concerns.
Also however I think that some people have been around long enough to know that there can be a cosiderable time between pre-orders and product actually getting to the UK, but with the rise in popularity of HotToys there are probably alot more customers now who do not find it acceptable and jumpship so that they can recoup, none of which is helped by stories of imminent demise and this being exactly like what happened when the last shop went belly up

I agree with you Sithlord but I'm not overly protective of OSB, I'm just trying to be fair. I've said from day one that they are different to MB and are not (in my opinion or to my limited knowledge of the situation) trying to scam people.

They've had a catalogue of disasters (shipping, illness) which lead to them taking advice from forums and social media and bringing somebody else into the circle. That hasn't worked out obviously. The customers wanted updates and Mazz started giving them but was soon overwhelmed. Their FB page has 7000 likes. That's a lot of admin to deal with. I personally have no idea if Mazz is still with OSB.

I treat WM like a friend and like anybody I wouldn't want to see a friend's business fail.

As a collector I don't want to see OSB fail as I have money tied into the preorders (which if I lose so be it but I'd rather not and have the figures. Two in particular are for people very close to me) and I don't want to see other collectors lose out also.

If I come across as a zealot it's because there seem to be a group of people wanting to see them fail so we can start with the "I told you so's". Some awaiting the liquidation perhaps don't even have a horse in this particular race. That makes me sad and want to support OSB even more.

I have a hundred quid or so tied up in preorders because I knew the score. Why pay full for an item that isn't even in stock yet? I settle with OSB when I know for sure they have the item.

That said, I'm sympathetic to those with a great amount invested in them and as I've clearly shown here, I've always hoped that customers either get their figures or their refunds.

Until lately, I feel I've been right in my support as people either got those figures or refunds but things have worsened I admit that. My feelings may change over time and as above, like everybody else I have no idea if Mazz is even there now. I've had no contact with Mazz ever and a recent email I sent through the site customer admin page bounced back so I don't know what is going on in that regard.

I've quickly spoken to WM recently and know his condition has worsened which is not good for the family or the business.

We can go on about this for pages and pages. People might see me as a zealot but I'm just a mate. I trust them and losing £100 isn't enough to damage that trust if things do go pear shaped. When I said above about losing a friend, it's not about WM facing death...I just wouldn't turn on a mate and tear down his business publicly for £100. Others are not friends and have much more invested so if they are upset or spitting fire then that is fair play but until we get evidence of MB2 then I personally don't think it is entirely fair for these comparisons to be made.

I'm in a trade where a word with a supplier about a business struggling is enough to start a chain which will result in that business closing! I worry that talks of trading standards, imminent closure and scamming will just fasttrack us all losing out.

For all of the reasons above, I hope they get it sorted, I really do.

I'm in a trade where a word with a supplier about a business struggling is enough to start a chain which will result in that business closing! I worry that talks of trading standards, imminent closure and scamming will just fasttrack us all losing out.

For all of the reasons above, I hope they get it sorted, I really do.

And that is the real shame - word of mouth is really damaging and as I have said before no one wants to lose another UK trader. I really hope they can sort it and one out the other side.

And that is the real shame - word of mouth is really damaging and as I have said before no one wants to lose another UK trader. I really hope they can sort it and one out the other side.

think that is the issue there is such panic in some of the facebook posts that without any calm it down it will become a self fulfilling prophecy of the end of OSB, I hope they can get some product out, get some communication going to let people know what is happening and try and temper the growing bad feeling, I dont want to see them go under as they have been a good source and I still have outstanding orders too!

Their last post on Facebook was 11th June. For a company supposedly still in business, that is shocking. Reading some of the comments, some people have received their Marty McFlys, but surely priority should be given to those waiting longest. I can't believe folk are still waiting for their DX-13s. I myself had a pre-order in place, waited 8 months after the ROTW got theirs, cancelled and bought it off Ebay. That was a year ago now. What's the best way to get in touch with them now? I have 1 pre-order left with them and it will be the last. (Armor Whiplash, and only because Collectable Kitbash didn't have it for pre-order.)

That's a real shame, they would have got all my business. They have the best prices of any company in the UK

Back