What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a quote of their Facebook post, it wasn't OSB posting here
I knew it was too good to be true.
I've opened a paypal dispute for my final payment and hopefully will get this money back. But have been told they cannot do anything about the deposit I paid 18 months ago. They are also going to keep any eye on OSB's account to see the extent of their dealings.

That was a quote of their Facebook post, it wasn't OSB posting here

Oh dear! Did somebody mention brain failure?

I know who I am and yeah I stick up for OSB. Perhaps its a measure of compassion?

I also would refute accusations about them running a scam. Customers are getting full refunds whether out of the paypal requirements or not. It's paypal laying down the law on time restrictions on disputes, not OSB. I'm sure once they get around to you they will be happy to refund your deposit. I hope when they do, you will at least have the courtesy to contact Paypal and let them know.

Oh dear! Did somebody mention brain failure?

I know who I am and yeah I stick up for OSB. Perhaps its a measure of compassion?

I also would refute accusations about them running a scam. Customers are getting full refunds whether out of the paypal requirements or not. It's paypal laying down the law on time restrictions on disputes, not OSB. I'm sure once they get around to you they will be happy to refund your deposit. I hope when they do, you will at least have the courtesy to contact Paypal and let them know.

Think you quoted the wrong post mate :)
And I'm guessing he meant me too ;)

Nah Vince I quoted you because it was pretty obvious that the post was cut and pasted from FB as you stated.

But I see your point...

Nah Vince I quoted you because it was pretty obvious that the post was cut and pasted from FB as you stated.

But I see your point...

Ah, I get ya!

I had tried to ignore his comment regarding OSB supporters (if he were to actually read back through the thread, he'd see that i don't think it unreasonable to want either the figure or a refund, and in fact told people a number of times exactly how to go about getting their cash back if they really wanted it)

Last edited:
I will clarify that the only people I see as unreasonable are those putting the business down with incorrect facts.

As stated, I fully support anybody upset by the trading practice and their requests for figures or refunds. Refunds are the obvious answer as Wai Man can't magic a pallet load of Robocop or Batman figures from out of his backside!

As far as I am aware, from being both personally informed by other collectors and WM himself and through reading the posts on FB, customers have been getting full refunds.

As I've said from the beginning. If you're unhappy, get a refund. That is reasonable.

What is unreasonable is comparing them to Mother's Basement or bleating about the way the run the business and recommending they close or do not perform other business actions whilst we wait for Hot Toys.

If OSB go bust because of fanboy whining I'd be bummed because a) I support the business and I'm prepared to wait and b) I lose my money on Starboost, Star Lord, 1/4 Boba Fett, Heisenberg etc and then have to find them to buy elsewhere. I don't want either to happen.

OSB are running a business. I've said that from day one. They have a commitment to their long term customers by providing their service at the lowest cost. Most long term customers knew the situation that got them behind and knew of the problems with WM's health. If they add staff etc, that pushes prices up. Simple economics. As your costs rise so do your prices. They can't have volunteers in from the collecting community. Imagine the data protection and insurance issues. It is a business. They need to protect themselves and their assets.

It is not a scam. We have full evidence of people getting full refunds. Calling it a scam damages the business. Damage to the business reduces the customer base and then we all suffer.

I have been a part of discussions on this page on the forum and I think you will find I have said to everybody that I hope they get their figures or a refund. I don't want to see anybody out of pocket. On the other hand I don't want to see anybody close down their business.

Personally I do not think that is unreasonable.

I will clarify that the only people I see as unreasonable are those putting the business down with incorrect facts.

As stated, I fully support anybody upset by the trading practice and their requests for figures or refunds. Refunds are the obvious answer as Wai Man can't magic a pallet load of Robocop or Batman figures from out of his backside!

As far as I am aware, from being both personally informed by other collectors and WM himself and through reading the posts on FB, customers have been getting full refunds.

As I've said from the beginning. If you're unhappy, get a refund. That is reasonable.

What is unreasonable is comparing them to Mother's Basement or bleating about the way the run the business and recommending they close or do not perform other business actions whilst we wait for Hot Toys.

If OSB go bust because of fanboy whining I'd be bummed because a) I support the business and I'm prepared to wait and b) I lose my money on Starboost, Star Lord, 1/4 Boba Fett, Heisenberg etc and then have to find them to buy elsewhere. I don't want either to happen.

OSB are running a business. I've said that from day one. They have a commitment to their long term customers by providing their service at the lowest cost. Most long term customers knew the situation that got them behind and knew of the problems with WM's health. If they add staff etc, that pushes prices up. Simple economics. As your costs rise so do your prices. They can't have volunteers in from the collecting community. Imagine the data protection and insurance issues. It is a business. They need to protect themselves and their assets.

It is not a scam. We have full evidence of people getting full refunds. Calling it a scam damages the business. Damage to the business reduces the customer base and then we all suffer.

I have been a part of discussions on this page on the forum and I think you will find I have said to everybody that I hope they get their figures or a refund. I don't want to see anybody out of pocket. On the other hand I don't want to see anybody close down their business.

Personally I do not think that is unreasonable.

I have been asking for a full refund, but have had the silent treatment. As a last resort and before my 180-day paypal protection runs out in the next few days, I am calling it a day with OSB and most likely will also give up collecting 1/6 scale action figures altogether. This experience has soured my hobby.
If I do get my full refund, I will be the first to eat humble pie, but until I get a reply from OSB, I am left in the dark.

I really hope you get your refund. I don't know if you are on FB but the guys there are getting refunds through writing an email with the order number and REFUND in the email header. I do know they have some weird convoluted email system that resets the list in the inbox every time a fresh email is sent and I know Mazz is trying to get this changed. Keep trying. I know that at this point in time they are processing refunds and also exchanges for figures in stock. They will get to you and the silent treatment is not personal, it is probably just down to the sheer weight of the admin Mazz and Maggie are processing (conjecture again).

OSB cocked up and are losing customers and they know that so even if you give up on OSB, don't give up on collecting.

I really hope you get your refund. I don't know if you are on FB but the guys there are getting refunds through writing an email with the order number and REFUND in the email header. I do know they have some weird convoluted email system that resets the list in the inbox every time a fresh email is sent and I know Mazz is trying to get this changed. Keep trying. I know that at this point in time they are processing refunds and also exchanges for figures in stock. They will get to you and the silent treatment is not personal, it is probably just down to the sheer weight of the admin Mazz and Maggie are processing (conjecture again).

OSB cocked up and are losing customers and they know that so even if you give up on OSB, don't give up on collecting.

I have messaged Mazzik on Facebook, sent emails and tried two mobile phones (one provided by paypal) with no response. The mobile phone rings for a while and then cuts off. It's beyond a joke now. I'm normally a very reasonable guy and will give people the benefit, but I've lost faith in human nature. If I were to get a full refund, I will be the first to announce it here and admit I was wrong about OSB.

That's only a small few who are posting on there that's actually getting refunds, the majority that are asking have been for months, and are getting ignored.

That's only a small few who are posting on there that's actually getting refunds, the majority that are asking have been for months, and are getting ignored.
Hallelujah!
Finally got my full refund last night. It has taken a lot of effort, persistence and opening a paypal dispute to finally get the refund, but thank you Mazzik.

One Sixth Bruce just posted on Facebook

Hi All, updates on HT orders…

Shipping from our supplier’s next week.
Marty McFly

After the above then it’s the delayed Iron Man’s (which could arrive same time as above)
Igor, MKXLLI, Iron Patriot, Starboost, Silver Centurion, Heart Breaker

RoboCops, Batman Armories will follow after the Iron Man delivery

The following delayed orders
Loki, Wolverine, Captain America sets, Thor, Starlord, Gamora, Black Widow and others – I will email all customers concerned directly via a blanket email update. (this will be done within 24hrs as I have to ask timescale for each for delivery)

Thanks Mazzik

This is the kind of thing that makes everybody edgy "this will be done within 24hrs" that was about six days ago.

Received my refund last night for 17 pre-orders totalling £880.50. Sincerley hope Mazz gets everyone sorted but its disapointing to hear people are seemingly being ignored/overlooked.

I hope they get this all sorted. I love OSB dearly and have been buying from them for years. I'm worried that all of the refunds (that you are all entitled to, of course) are going to hurt them badly when stock does finally arrive. I'm crossing everything for OSB to get this back on track.

Has anybody heard from them? No further replies or updates on the Facebook page since Mazzik's announcement on the 11th June. Before with the odd reply here and there, I was re-assured that they were still trying to turn things around but utter silence for almost two weeks now has me a little worried........................

I've emailed them numerous times about a refund for the dark knight armoury, with no reply. So I've had to make a facebook account to try and get their attention. Two posts later still no acknowledgement whatsoever. Ridiculous.

Back