What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus, I'd probably STILL be waiting for man of steel then if I'd kept my order with them. Can't believe they're still waiting for stock. Yeah, while I don't think osb would run off with anyone's money, I do believe they're possibly the worst option right now for preorders and would suggest going somewhere else. They've been messing people around for a while and are really untrustworthy.

I've seen MOS figures, as well as 66 Batman / Robin on ebay (for a while now) for the same or less than pre-order prices. My advice would be to cancel / claim refund and buy from elsewhere, otherwise you're in for a very long, unnecessary wait. At the very least, you'll know where you stand. I cancelled the 89 Batmobile and the DX-13 with them 4 months ago. If i hadn't i would still be waiting. I only have 1 other pre-order with them (Whiplash Armor) and if it's slightly longer than other UK retailers in delivering, i'll cancel that too.

I've always been a supporter of them in the past, but enough is enough. Wait too long, and the supply of popular figures will eventually dry up, so buying elsewhere will no longer be an option. You'll be refunded i'm sure, but you'll end up missing out.

I received an e-mail saturday saying they would "take action" on monday, regarding my refund. Still haven't received it. Posted a message on their facebook page asking why no refund yet... they hid my comment. I asked why and they answered "we hide many comments". Wow, mother's basement warning right there. At least they they also said they were working non-stop and I should get my refund soon.

I can't even talk about the figure I'm waiting on, despite having received the same item from another retailer three months ago...

I received an e-mail saturday saying they would "take action" on monday, regarding my refund. Still haven't received it. Posted a message on their facebook page asking why no refund yet... they hid my comment. I asked why and they answered "we hide many comments". Wow, mother's basement warning right there. At least they they also said they were working non-stop and I should get my refund soon.
Yep. And all these people throwing deposits at them for newly announced figures when they still haven't received items that they've fully paid for, need their heads looked at.

All my UK orders will be going through Direct Collectables, now.

Finally got my refund. Had to chase on facebook and e-mails but finally got it. I think it helps by posting on their facebook posts and on forums. They don't want more bad publicity. I know they're following this thread as well.

I can't even talk about the figure I'm waiting on, despite having received the same item from another retailer three months ago...

Yep. And all these people throwing deposits at them for newly announced figures when they still haven't received items that they've fully paid for, need their heads looked at.

All my UK orders will be going through Direct Collectables, now.

Yeah but there are people who are unaware of the situation. I'm pretty sure many people would have gone elsewhere if they knew about what was going on. This is also why OSB are hiding comments, it would hurt their business even more. But just the fact that they are hiding comments is enough to hurt it.

When I ordered DX12 Batman off of them, I assumed they were incredibly busy and couldn't respond to ETA emails because of it. I received it shortly after and just accepted that these things take that long.

But since it's been nearly two years without a single word on the status of the Iron Man mk42, I've asked for a refund. Hopefully they respond soon, I'd prefer not to drag this out or have to prod them on Facebook.

I don't think there's any doubt that there's no chance of people's older orders being fulfilled. I have ASM2 Spidey on order with OSB and have enquired when they are likely to be shipping as its been available elsewhere for a while now. Guess what? No response : (

Left a message on FB the other week to answer my email about MoS. Finally got a reply back today..."Arriving in a few weeks". I don't even know what that means any more.

Left a message on FB the other week to answer my email about MoS. Finally got a reply back today..."Arriving in a few weeks". I don't even know what that means any more.
I'd say your chances are slim or next to nothing. I mean, after all this time where are they miraculously going to procure stock of these older items in any kind of quantity. Even those who (seemingly blindly) stuck up for OSB in the past have gone very quiet. Again, hope I'm wrong, but all the signs do not look good.

So another UK retailer in trouble? Sad to hear this guys. Hope whoever paid in advance gets their money back.

Think people seem to forget it's not OSB who are out of pocket, but all those customers who paid deposits and in a lot of cases in full for items they haven't, based on current evidence won't ever, received.

Think people seem to forget it's not OSB who are out of pocket, but all those customers who paid deposits and in a lot of cases in full for items they haven't, based on current evidence won't ever, received.

See, it's comments like this that I've had a problem with. No-one is out of pocket unless they never receive their goods or a refund.

And before anyone quotes the T&Cs regarding no refunds from OSB or any other collectibles retailer, they mean nothing in small claims court (if the original estimated delivery was 1 year from purchase, and you have waited two years with other UK sellers having received their stock, the SCC will rule in your favour regardless of T&Cs), which is what I would suggest people use against ANY retailer if they feel they are getting no joy.

You also have no evidence (only speculation based on current delayed delivery times) that people won't ever get their goods.

See, it's comments like this that I've had a problem with. No-one is out of pocket unless they never receive their goods or a refund.

And before anyone quotes the T&Cs regarding no refunds from OSB or any other collectibles retailer, they mean nothing in small claims court (if the original estimated delivery was 1 year from purchase, and you have waited two years with other UK sellers having received their stock, the SCC will rule in your favour regardless of T&Cs), which is what I would suggest people use against ANY retailer if they feel they are getting no joy.

You also have no evidence (only speculation based on current delayed delivery times) that people won't ever get their goods.
Do you think it's reasonable that people have paid in full for items like MoS Superman, Batman & Robin 66 and others and yet still not received their purchases when these figures have been on the market for the best part of a year? To me, it's not about quoting retail law (and in my opinion, when it gets to that stage you know you're in trouble) it's about treating customers fairly and providing them with the decent service that, having parted with their cash, they deserve. People shouldn't have to be sending multiple emails, posting to Facebook and bitching in forums to get a response from OSB in my opinion. They have a obligation to those people who have trusted them to deliver their purchased items in a timely manner or else provide regular personal updates to those with goods outstanding. OSB has failed to do this time after time and continues to do so.

No, I don't think it's acceptable, I think it's unfortunate for everyone involved (including OSB, and myself - I'm waiting for figures too)

Unfortunately, no-one seems to actually want to help themselves, they want to (as you have) make assumptions regarding whether they will receive their figures rather than actually taking action if they are that certain they will never see them.

I get that you are unhappy with the level of service you are receiving, and I'm sorry that you are feel you are not getting the service you deserve.

But rather than questioning me about whether I think it's the correct way to do business (you should have said if you wanted me to stay silent rather than making a comment about OSB supporters ;) )
maybe do something about getting your money back if you are not getting the response you want from OSB.

From my experience, in the UK. Collectible Kitbash are probably the best guys to go with if you want reliable service. Never had a problem with them, always pick up my messages.

Well I received an email just before Christmas saying 'Sorry for the long delay in your order update for Hot Toys 1966 Batman and Robin. So we have finally good news all of the pallets have been shipped, this has only just recently happened so I don't think it will arrive before Christmas, should arrive in January if no problem with custom delay'. That to me suggests that these figures will be here very very soon. If all pallets are shipped then surely things cannot be delayed too much longer. I do remain confident that I will get my figures-and I still have faith in Maggie and WaiMan (both are good people). OSB know they have made mistakes this past year and hopefully, 2015 will be much better for everyone concerned and confidence gets restored.

Well I received an email just before Christmas saying 'Sorry for the long delay in your order update for Hot Toys 1966 Batman and Robin. So we have finally good news all of the pallets have been shipped, this has only just recently happened so I don't think it will arrive before Christmas, should arrive in January if no problem with custom delay'. That to me suggests that these figures will be here very very soon. If all pallets are shipped then surely things cannot be delayed too much longer. I do remain confident that I will get my figures-and I still have faith in Maggie and WaiMan (both are good people). OSB know they have made mistakes this past year and hopefully, 2015 will be much better for everyone concerned and confidence gets restored.
I geniunely and honestly hope so, for OSB and us customers.

I could have got my batman and robin from sideshow for £190 plus customs and had them in 4 days. Instead of the £250 i paid OSB. But it took me a month to get another refund out of them i just couldnt be arsed. Part of me thinks either OSB or their supplier knew these were not selling well and waited until now to get a better dead in HK from reduced stock.. Most people had them in june.all this delay to save myself a few quid.

Back