What's the Problem with Magneto Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you buying Magneto?

• Already ordered

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Pass for me

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • Still not decided

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
The paint job on the mouth ruins an otherwise great sculpt...

081006_Headevolpart1.jpg

As for the sculpt, I think it's fine. But, then again, I'm aware of who the character is supposed to be. If, however, I had this statue on display in my apartment, and someone new to comics came in, they would have no clue who it is. Hence, the nameplate.

Iron Man? Wolverine? Compared to Magneto, they're cultural icons, in a way. No identifying plaque required. Maybe that has something to do with the inclusion of the name plate.

Either way, I'm not the nameplate's biggest fan. I felt the same way about the Green Goblin PF.

So, I've cancelled mine. But I stand poised on the brink of re-ordering. :confused: What to do?

As for the sculpt, I think it's fine. But, then again, I'm aware of who the character is supposed to be. If, however, I had this statue on display in my apartment, and someone new to comics came in, they would have no clue who it is. Hence, the nameplate.

Iron Man? Wolverine? Compared to Magneto, they're cultural icons, in a way. No identifying plaque required. Maybe that has something to do with the inclusion of the name plate.

I don't know maybe its just me but what good is a name plate going to do for some one who doesn't know the character? Ok they know the name then what? I have no problem answering questions about what stuff I own, and since this piece is for fans who know the character why do we need a name plate? I just got Bowen's Moonknight statue and I bet you more people know Magneto then Moonknight and thats ok.
And plus I really don't like how the plate looks.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Nameplate could go, but its not stopping me from getting this for my Marvel Universe..

I saw it in person its sweet..:emperor

Yea Im still getting him also, but would look better without the nameplate.

The other problem I have with it ... and this is a biggie ... is that it's supposed to be 1/4 scale, yet only comes in at 18" in height. Which, you know, would be fine for that scale. If he was standing on the ground. :confused: He is, however, floating in midair...

So, all of you who have seen it in person, alongside the other 1/4 scale offerings from Sideshow: Is the info we have erroneous? Is it taller than 18"? Wouldn't it have to be to be true 1/4 scale? I'm pretty sure that my Iron Man comiquette would be right at about 18" if he were standing up straight. But, then, I'm not a good judge of distance and such. Help me out.

Monk said:
The other problem I have with it ... and this is a biggie ... is that it's supposed to be 1/4 scale, yet only comes in at 18" in height. Which, you know, would be fine for that scale. If he was standing on the ground. :confused: He is, however, floating in midair...

So, all of you who have seen it in person, alongside the other 1/4 scale offerings from Sideshow: Is the info we have erroneous? Is it taller than 18"? Wouldn't it have to be to be true 1/4 scale? I'm pretty sure that my Iron Man comiquette would be right at about 18" if he were standing up straight. But, then, I'm not a good judge of distance and such. Help me out.

You know I've been wondering that myself, that has to be wrong because Mag is 6 ft 2.

Viking28 said:
You know I've been wondering that myself, that has to be wrong because Mag is 6 ft 2.

Yep. Major blunder, if the specs are accurate. Anyone seen this thing next to the others? I'd like a comparison pic, if anyone has one from SDCC? (Anyone have a "begging" smilie? :) )

ordered one. still I'm not sure where to put him, as I don't trust the high which is given on SS website.

Adam at Dark Shadow says that the scale for Magneto is actually 1/5 scale, and that after seeing it at SDCC he's certain it's not 1/4. So, we've got that figured out now. :)

That makes more sense but I would of been nice if he was 1/4 scale. I dont know maybe I'll have him take on the Hulk one week then Wolvie the next week visa versa.

Last edited:
I think that the shape of it reminds me too much of an Academy Award for some reason...

7175_press02-001.jpg

Maybe it will be the first ever "Comic Book Villain's Lifetime Achievement Award," also known as the "Commie."

Back