What's the point of Marriage?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Roranous

Super Freak
Reaction score
I will never get married. It seems like a terrible idea. Wife gets fat, you stop getting some, children are annoying... if it ends then she gets half of everything or more! Maybe even alimony plus child support. What's in it for the man?

Men age more gracefully. They make more money especially when they don't have to take care of a stay at home mom or a family. The laws are set up so that the man always gets screwed during a divorce. Woman are becoming more and more unfaithful and into such trash as Sex and the City which in my opinion teaches them nothing except how to be superficial and promiscuous.

So why?

This is really just a discussion thread so please don't get too heated. Thanks. :duff

I told my GF flat out it was never going to happen. At the end of our time.. I am walking away. Preferably amicably but nonetheless, I am walking away. No lawyers, no kids, no commitment to anyone but myself.

Well...
The "idealized" version of marriage and the whole wedding fiasco bothers me too...
But, in my case, it's all about sharing, it's not as superficial as money, weight, sex and beauty... which, appear to be your main worries.

I can't speak for everybody else, but I've always wanted to spend the rest of my life with a soul mate, and that's what I'm doing...
I really think that a lot of what's happened in my life wouldn't be as much fun alone. It's not about values, traditions and all that crap for us...

life is what you choose it to be.. whether it's being single or having a family. it's all good as long as you're happy.

Really it comes down to finding that one woman you want to keep. If you are in the mindset that you never want to marry, you probably haven't found the right one yet.

Rory, what happened to you to make you so cynical? :lol

My wife and I have been married for 10 years. She hasn't gotten fat, I still get some :)lol) and we don't plan on having kids. When you truly know you've found the right person, you don't worry about divorce. We've been together for over 15 years and things are better than ever.

We didn't get married for religious or cultural purposes. We didn't have a religious ceremony. We don't even wear wedding rings. I think the main reason we got married was so we could have a huge party where everyone gave us expensive gifts.

yeah I cant imagine being without my wife. ... she;s the ^^^^ ....

do what makes you happy. thats all that matters.

Some people think getting married is dumb.
Some people think people who are terrified of marriage are dumb.
Some people like Sideshow
Some people like Tonner

... who the ^^^^ cares? make yourself happy .... :monkey1

I dunno. I guess practically it just makes legal sense to get married. You wouldn't want to buy a car and not get the title. :dunno

My wife is awesome, and i'm happy and will remain happy.

I think your view might be a little skewed, b/c of your age. BUT, do whatever makes you happy in life. If that's your view on things (reasons you listed, ie her getting fat, you not getting some, etc.), then i'm sorry for you that that's the way you think it is.

I love my GF but I would never marry her... or anyone for that matter. I think it's unnatural to have law tied up into a human relationship. The only people that need to be in that business are the people in the actual relationship.

I don't know personally of a single lasting marriage. Hence why I am so cynical about it all. I know all people internally can be vicious and ruthless... hence my precaution and trepidation. Just protecting myself is the way I see it.

Like I said before, if things don't work out with my GF I want it to only be our business not anyone elses like the government and lawyers and such. I have lived with her for over 6 years now and I am very happy with her but if I ever wasn't then I don't have to play a stupid game and dance to continue living my life. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back