What's going on with SS's "Customer Service"?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apologize if our live chat rep was snippy...

Please explain to your snippy new hires that they're homing in on my territory and mercy will not be forthcoming. Thanks. :1-1:

Well I've never had the kind of problem that the OP has had with any of my orders. If I had something that looked notably different from the prototype in a negative way, I was granted a full refund without having to eat return shipping costs. If they tried to deny that to me in the future then I'm not sure that I would buy another statue from them at all. I think I'm pretty reasonable and realistic when it comes to these things (obviously the great painters who do the solicitation stuff aren't hand painting each production piece), but I suspect many of us have a point past which something is too great a deviation, be it due to QC issues, sub-standard paint apps, or whatever else the case may be.

Right, but there are limits to what they can replace and certain issues are not entertained after a certain point if they become overwhelming for Sideshow to accommodate. The first Poison Ivy comes to mind. Her eyes did not turn out the way they were shown on the prototype. Some were genuinely screwed up, but all of them were off compared to what was expected. I imagine the first few complaints received top shelf service, but when everyone started having a problem with what was a consistent feature, they became less responsive.

Without getting into semantics as to whether this is a "defect" or not, this is a quality control problem as I see it.

Which is why it's dealt with on a case-by-case basis, I assume. Tomaytoes and tomahtoes.

Sideshow QC and CS have taken a dumpster drive in the past few years.
CS varies on who you get but they clearly are in the mindset of trying to get people to keep broken/defective statues with offering reward refunds and this is because they just recirculate broken crap.
This is a direct link to the QC issues. They out source to the cheapest builder in china so that SS could make the most $$ off broken crap.

Its a business they are out to make money nothing more. They don't give two craps what the statue looks like as long as you keep it.

Back