What would be the ultimate diorama?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, my ultimate diorama would be Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli standing on the shores with a hundred dead soldiers coming behind them with one green translucent King of the Dead going through Aragorn....but then again, I like it simple. :lol

TOE said:
sp.jpg
watching the fellowship on dvd will never be the same again.:yuck :huh :nono :inlove :horse

I want a 1/6th scale, smoke billowing, lava belching Mount Doom. Then add two giant eagles (one carrying Gandalf) reaching for Frodo and Sam. I think it can be done.

Did a fan just say a 1/6 diorama would be cool or was there some confirmation that the idea was being entertained?

And when I hear 1/6 diorama, I think of just a setting like the furnace environment for Freddy. A place to display your 1/6 figures.

Dave, I asked Heath about it in the Q&A and he replied that the idea had been considered and seemed to imply that it might be possible in the future.

And what I am talking about is something like a "scene" with characters, I referenced the SSW Bookends as a similar vein. So I guess if the idea holds merit, the questions that need to be asked are:

1. Do a lot of collectors want to see this product?

2. What favorite scenes do we want to see?

3. What size is practical? What cost are we willing to pay?

4. Just how complicated can these realistically get?

The best one for me would be to see all nine members of the Fellowship together in Rivendell just like at the end of The Council Of Elrond:chew
If not a some cool one for me would be the four Hobbits outside the Prancing Pony looking up at the Sign.
If we are looking at something like the Old Friends bookends i would like to see one bookend with the four Hobbits sitting at a table at the Prancing Pony and the other bookend with Strider sitting in his corner smoking his pipe:cool:

I'd like to see the Fellowship as the are leaving Rivendell at the start of the journey. The one where Frodo is leading the way and doesn't know which direction to take. You can have a bit of Rivendell as the background. Awesome.

If they're talking about a scene, then it's probably not 1/6 - more like the Marvel Vs. I'd imagine.

The scene in front of Bilbo's fireplace where Frodo takes the ring with Gandalf on a stool (like the Hildebrand brothers painting).

Possibilites are infinite.....I'd like the Balrog and Gandalf on the bridge of Kazad-Dum. Gandalf with staff and the Balrog with it's sword (instead of the whip)

I would like to see the Fellowship (or only a handful of characters) at the entrance to the Moria Gate. The scene and the Doors are Iconic and yet we've had no representation of them from the Sideshow/Weta line, Sideshow or anyone else for that matter!

(AND this would look great next to the SSW Watcher in the Water!)

Yes indeed, the possibilities are just endless!

Last edited:
Back