What SS piece was the hardest to pass on?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortunately I have been able to play catch-up on most things I wanted, but for a pre-order that passed me by --- Predator Maquette. :monkey2

I ordered the Predator exclusive maquette and X-Men vs. Sentinel exclusive during SDCC 2 years ago when they went up for sale. Later that year, I had to put my dog Chewie to sleep due to cancer.

Shortly after that, I cancelled a bunch of preorders I had because they just didn't seem important to me. I pretty much avoided Sideshow's site and this site as well for close to a year, but I'm back now, having a blast and spending my money. I still miss not having those items, but I miss Chewie even more. :monkey2

*sighs*

I had to cancel both the X-Men Vs. Sentinel #1 and General Grievous PF Exclusives 'cause I didn't have enough money. I begged Sideshow to allow me to pay for GG it in installments (this was in the very early stages of FLEXPAY), but I never heard back about it. I later found out that some of those who were cancelling by a certain date were being offered chance to use FP to pay for GG. :mad: :banghead :monkey2

Three pieces come to mind

1. Doom PF, I didn't have the cash for it at the time and I was just getting into expensive Marvel stuff....I was seconds from putting it on a credit card and paying it off later but then decided against it.

2. Patient Zero, multiple times I passed up the opportunity to nab him for close to retail then double retail...it was a $300 mistake that I rectified and even though I don't regret paying I kick myself for being in that position.

3. Negative Spidey PF, I had him in my cart and deleted it right before purchasing. I actually like the color scheme as a contrast to the original and now want it.

Easy answer for me, Doom PF. I ordered him at SDCC '05, but some reason I can't even remember, I cancelled him. DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB move on my part. So sorry I passed on him..:monkey2 :monkey2

aw geez, where to start? how about the 12" rambo, x-men diorama 1, venom bust, terminator replicas, 12" wolverine medicom (hugh jackman).

She's still up and I might still get her but the Alien Queen bust is incredibly tempting.

I'm pissed I didnt get HT Rambo FBII for $65 when I had the chance. I didnt have the funds at the time and had to cancel my order.

Now you cant find him for less than $100, when you can actually find him:monkey4

There's too many to list. I had to cancel my orders for the Wolverine VS. Sabertooth VS. piece, the Wolverine Comiquette, the exclusive Leia PF figure, Hellboy PF figure, the Jabba and Throne set, Hot Toys Vasquez, Jason X 12" Figure, Final Chapter Jason, And the Sliver Screen Creature From The Black Lagoon. :(

King Darkness said:
I'm pissed I didnt get HT Rambo FBII for $65 when I had the chance. I didnt have the funds at the time and had to cancel my order.

Now you cant find him for less than $100, when you can actually find him:monkey4

The last couple sold for $190+ on Ebay. Id say if you can find him for less than $150 you better jump on it.

The ill Jedi said:
I thought you got yours Shai? Weren't you one of the lucky few who were going to cancel but was offered the FLEXPAY option?

I HAD PAID THE FIRST FLEX PAY PAYMENT AND THEN CANCELLED IT A COUPLE WEEKS LATER DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS AT THE TIME...SAD STORY...:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Shai Hulud said:
I HAD PAID THE FIRST FLEX PAY PAYMENT AND THEN CANCELLED IT A COUPLE WEEKS LATER DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS AT THE TIME...SAD STORY...:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

You should have just sold a couple of your 100 Jason 3's to fund him! :D

I was just reminded of this in the Movie Weapons thread, God I wanted this sooooo bad!! When I found out about it, I was too late and it had already sold out. :(

hellboy_photo.jpg

Just perusing the responses here most seem to be Marvel pieces with the Jabba setup as a possible close second. I doubt Jabba will have anywhere near the secondary market price increase though.

Moral of the story:

If you have a Marvel "grail," GET IT WHILE YOU CAN.

It'll probably be a bit of a bummer not owning the Hulk but that'll be nowhere near as bad as if I had passed on the upcoming Cap PF and then found myself unable to attain it down the road.

Back