What Sideshow Weta Statues do you recommend?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fremen

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I've been thinking about maybe picking up a couple of the SS Weta statues to compliment the new line that SS is doing but I'm not to sure which ones I should get.

I would like the likeness on them to be pretty good.

I have all of the riders minus bill and pony and the Warg one.

I also have the morgul lord,
king of the dead,
Aragon as king elassar or whatever,
the ringwraith on nazgul,
sauron,
the witch king bust,
ringwraith horse bust,
mouth of sauron bust and
the elephant like creature.

I want to keep away from the really expensive ones like the balrog and the witchking.

What do you guys recommend getting out of this line. What are some of your favorites?

My favorites in the statue line are: balrog, cave troll, witchking, ringwraith on steed, and the uruk-hai scout swordsman, but if you are staying away from the expensive ones, elrond and the galadhrim archer are two great statues.

i really want rivendell but going to hold off until can see the actual photos once the PO start arriving.

the $100 dr gilbert gun thing i bought from weta was a major disappointment. The paint app sucked, nowhere close to their website photos.

I have always liked that archer. Elrond would be a really good one to get I think.

What's boromir like? He's my favorite character. Is he really bad or okay?

My feeling is that most of the statues in the Weta/Sidehow line are way under rated. Most are fine sculpts, so my advise would be to choose your favs, & I'm sure you will not be disappointed. As for Boromir? A great piece! Good luck.:wink1:

I always liked the Gandalf the Grey Statue. Gimli, Saruman its been so long now I dont remeber. But I awlays liked the SSW stuff.

I think I might try to pick up Saruman first. I've always really liked the look of it.

Arwen seems to be going for quite cheap and it's a different look then the one coming up from SS so maybe...

are you kidding, get the sauron vs flying soldiers! :lecture

:sick

Good lord no!

Honestly, this may surprise no-one but i adore my SSW collection.
You seem to have a few good ones already, but i'm shocked and appalled you don't know what the Mumakil are! :lol

I would personally recommend:

Statues:

Saruman. Even Christopher Lee has one.

Theoden. If you get a well painted one! Great likeness.

Bilbo Baggins. Pleasant little statue, my very first. Good likeness, and he's holding the ring behind his back.

Moria orc archer and swordsman. Weta's own creations, and the creatures in this line really don't disappoint, so add unto that list:

Uruk-Hai scout swordsman, uruk-hai berserker, Watcher in the Water, Stone trolls, Gothmog on Warg.

Boromir. Another good likeness and in his usual attire.

Easterling. Possibly the most detailed statue in the line.... ?

Galadhrim Archer. This statue just screams Tolkien. Tall, elegant, and deadly!

Gandalf on Shadowfax. Need i say more!

Legolas and Gimli on Arod. Beautiful horse, and one of the best Legolas statues so far.

Busts:

Gandalf the White and Grey, Theoden, Galadriel, ringwraith, Gimli (but most are tanned), Sam, Pippin, Arwen, cave troll, Moria orc swordsman, uruk-hai swordsman, Lurtz, Numenorean infantryman, High Elven infantryman, Bilbo, Gollum, Grishnakh.......

TREEBEARD!!!!!!

Theoden, Boromir, Easterling, Battle Troll, Saruman are just a few among the many others listed in this thread.

A bit of a loaded question, since it depends on what direction you want to take and what characters you really like.

Personally I only have the 'good' guys and only statues, never got into the busts.

Most are all general fairly nice, but even then it is still pretty easy to pick out the best of what I own.

So from a statue point of view:

Bilbo: great likeness, especially given the smaller size of a hobbit at 1/6 scale and just all round an awesome little statue

Sam & Bill: while the likeness may not be dead on, it doesn't matter, this is 100% percent pure Tolkien, hobbit and fellowship. I don't care what SS may come up with, nothing will better this for that middle-earth feel.

Galadhrim Archer: while not character specific or even directly book related, it just feels right for Elves in middle-earth and the armour is fantastic.

Legolas and Gimli on Arod: you get two main fellowship members in one, likeness is great for both and you have that friendship aspect of LOTR.

Legolas and Gimli on Arod is probably one of the best. The more i look at it the more i like it.

Unfortunately it will take a miracle for this thing to be shipped to you unbroken from a reseller.

Both shadowfax and aragorn blackgate riders arrived broken for me, luckily this piece arrived perfectly, so miracles do happen!

Hmmm. A lot of great suggestions here. Not quite sure now what I want to start with.

The horsey ones are my favorite. Got them all already except Bill and Sam

Back