What should be Sideshow's first Star Wars 1:6 figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: It should be

the 4 armed guy who owns the diner in episode 2? :google

no thanks.:bonk

there are about 100 characters i'd like to see before him.

Vader of course. He's the main character.

Too tough? Try Luke.

Great way to start would be:

Luke (ANH)
Tarkin (ANH)
Tusken Raider (ANH)

Follow with (all ANH):

Han
Obi Wan
Greedo

And then (all ANH):

Vader
Leia
Stormtrooper

And then (all ANH):

Chewie
Sandtrooper (put saved dev. time from Trooper into Chewie)
Jawa

Re: re

Wonderboy, I don't think that Sideshow will saddle themselves with just producing figures from the Original Trilogy... let alone figures ONLY from "A New Hope".

The 1/4 scale line started that way... so I don't think it is likely that Sideshow will repeat it. Besides, after talking with a few people at the Sideshow booth at this year's SDCC, I got the impression that we will be treated to a fair amount of prequel figures from the very start.

Sorry.

If you figure 8-12 figures a year, I'd imagine that we'll see a mixture of OT and PT and primary and secondary characters. So I doubt it would be like the PTs which will just be the majors - but maybe Obi-Wan (ANH) followed by Padme (AOC), and then maybe Snaggletooth.

Or something like that.

If you figure 8-12 figures a year,

Call me crazy, I think they might have a bigger roll out than that. Think of it, within only one year, Sideshow offered 19 "Planet of the Apes" figures both regular and exclusive releases... released between 11/04 and 8/05.

I wonder when will we get a sneak peek at what they are cooking up. :dunno

And by next year's SDCC will there be 12" Star Wars EXCLUSIVES? :thud

19 PotA? Really? yeah, but 16 of them were Taylor.

Now that that's out of the way...

I wasn't counting exclusive versions as being a seperate release, but you're right if they can churn out 15 unique figures from a nothing license like PotA - then we should expect at least twice that per annum for Star Wars.

Sorry PZ, the "nothing" remark for PotA was just a joke, after all I bought them all.

But I'd imagine they can produce at least 20 figures a year for Star Wars and not have the quality suffer.

I'm sure there will be joyous and disappointed fans when the first figure is revealed. Personally, I think they should blast onto the scene much as the first film did with that shot of the huge ship reaching across the screen. To that end, they should announce several figures at once, but stagger the release dates to give everyone's wallets a break.

Sorry PZ, the "nothing" remark for PotA was just a joke

No sorry needed... the joke was taken as such. Glad to see that you too supported the line.

I wasn't counting exclusive versions as being a seperate release

I found most of the POTA exclusives were significant because they didn't just involve one added accessory (like Ursus and Caesar... I didn't count those. They usually included a whole different outfit (Zaius) or differently tooled head (Astronaut Taylor, Mutant) which made it (to me anyway) a different figure. Maybe I shouldn't count the two gorillas as separate nor the Lawgiver statues (even then the number would be 17!)I counted them like this:

1- Dr. Zaius
2- Foribidden Zone Dr. Zaius
3- Cornelius
4- Zira
5- Gorilla Enforcer
6- Gorilla Maruader
7- Astronaut Taylor
8- Forbidden Zone Taylor (beard)
9- Lawgiver Statue
10- Slave Taylor
11- Slave Nova
12- Beneath Taylor
13- Astronaut Brent
14- Slave Brent
15- General Ursus
16- Mutant Leader
17- Mutant Jailor
18- Bloody Lawgiver Statue
19- Caesar

But I digress... this thread is about STAR WARS and not some low selling figure line banished to the Forbidden Zone. :angel

I'd imagine they can produce at least 20 figures a year for Star Wars and not have the quality suffer.

I agree. Sideshow has a lot of SW fans to satisfy AND a lot of ground to cover to terms of films. They better get cracking!

they should announce several figures at once, but stagger the release dates to give everyone's wallets a break

Amen, brother!

I agree that announcing a bunch at once would be a good idea. At least 3-5. They've made their big splash with the initial announcement, but another one (PLEASE BEFORE TOYFAIR) showing actual product would be very welcome.

And by next year's SDCC will there be 12" Star Wars EXCLUSIVES?
poo I hope not! It was hard enough trying to get a zombie figure at 5 in the morning, let alone such a popular license that has fans who hasn't bought Sideshow figures yet. There would be a greater onslaught then anything the Empire can unleash. :(

Back