What Pieces are likely to Increase in Price due to the Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Super Freak
Reaction score
It must be on a few collectors minds at the moment of what impact the Hobbit will have on their LOTR pieces
I believe
Bilbo Statue/Bust
Stone Trolls Enviro
Gandalf The Grey Statue/Bust
Gollum Busts/Figures
And Goblin/Orc pieces

I think that these are the pieces most likely too increase due to the success the Hobbit is likely to have

Also this Thread would be a great time to mention which pieces you would like to see in The Hobbit Line

I would like to see
Beorn/Bearform Statue
Smaug Statue
Bard Statue
New Bilbo and Gollum Statues

Looking forward to hearing from you guys

Cheers

Sorry to go a wee bit of topic, but do you guys remember how it was to receive the LotR Weta polystone figures, back then? Pulling the foam out of the box, cutting the tape, removing the paper... That smell... How long has it been since "The Return of the King"? I'm still hoping for a WiKi Crown and an original Balrog...

But with New Line now in deep s***, perhaps there will be no more hobbits movie, at least not from New Line.

I believe it will eventually be made (i mean the movie) but perhaps not for the time being...

Sorry to go a wee bit of topic, but do you guys remember how it was to receive the LotR Weta polystone figures, back then? Pulling the foam out of the box, cutting the tape, removing the paper... That smell... How long has it been since "The Return of the King"? I'm still hoping for a WiKi Crown and an original Balrog...

yes I can remember that I still love it
i bit the bug only a few years ago and have no intentions of slowing down :D

The one piece that is sure to be a hit is the team of Tolkien Estate lawyers in court complete with charts and graphs showing al lthe money they were cheated out of by New Line as Bob Shaye squirms uncomfortably on the witness stand. It is called NO PROFITS?!?!?! That may trump all other possible HOBBIT ideas.

I do and still get a tingle. Even now, each time I get a SS LOTR piece, it gets the memories flooding back and get excited opening them as well.

Back OT, I think the most likely that will be the Bilbo pieces, maybe the drwaven lord bust for sure. And the Stone Trolls definately. As for Elrond, Galadriel, it would depend on how much they appear (if at all) in either of the 2 movies. Grey Gandy and Gollum probably not since there are so many versions of him out there (not only Weta & SS but other companies as well), except for those few completists and nostalgia buffs.

I am going to stick my neck out here and say the Necromancer himself, Sauron, the big bad 24"er is going to take a heck of a hike when 'The Hobbit' eventually hits the screens, and probably for 9 months or more before too. This is undoubtably the best sculpt that SSW did. The details are phenominal. It is also very fragile and prone to breakeages, especially of the crown.
It overran by over 9 months due to technicallities in production and even though it has an ES of 9,500 is still comparatively rare on the second hand market.

Expect to see uber mint specimens going for at least treble retail when the film hits the cinemas.

Of course others will take a hike also, as much as a result of their rarerity as of the films release. More and more we are seeing SS/W prices increase as the sellers market becomes (quite rightly) more focussed on 'mint' condition pieces and as these are true collectibles then long may this continue. The film will help with price increases but ultimately mint condition 'of the moment' pieces will in general benefit from old man time.

i'm going to go with bilbo, gtg, and most definitely the stone trolls.

thank god i've already bought all three

I just put about 15 pieces on the Bay due to space restraints. I kept telling myself to hold off till Hobbit release and hope for a better sale price, but who knows when that will be with all the legal news we here on a week to week basis. shameless link

The one piece that is sure to be a hit is the team of Tolkien Estate lawyers in court complete with charts and graphs showing al lthe money they were cheated out of by New Line as Bob Shaye squirms uncomfortably on the witness stand. It is called NO PROFITS?!?!?! That may trump all other possible HOBBIT ideas.

That, my friend, would make a great diorama!!

Bring on the "LOTR Legality" Line!

Hey Kids,

What about yer favorite dwarf, Gimli!!?

One of Weta's best "human" likenesses there is!! Theres only 2000 of'em to boot!

Surely collectors who missed out will be climb'n over corpses to get one when his daddy gets here~!

Bring on Gloin!

the last two on the u.s. bay went for 875 and 650 :google

glad i have mine already

Back