What other 12" lines do you want to see from Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gruff Old Bear said:
It was executed pretty poorly, and the performance of that line may well have discouraged others who wonder whether it was the execution or lack of interest in the property, which is pretty old.
I agree, these were pretty bad. This is the 25th anniversary of The Road Warrior, someone should so something. You listening SSC?

Would like any good company to take a shot at these, doesn't have to be Sideshow:

V for Vendetta movie version
Alan Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Sherlock Holmes & Watson (Brett, Rathbone, or in the same vein as Moore's League...it would all work for me).
Bram Stoker's Dracula & Mina
Beetlejuice & Lydia
Supernatural's Sam & Dean Winchester
Dark Angel
Smallville (only so I can have Lex Luthor)
Harry Potter

And I wish someone would do a full line of Pirates of the Caribbean because I want an Elizabeth and Norrington to go along side Jack and Will.

Here we go again..

well...

Farscape
Lexx
Riddick
Hellraiser
Phantasam
Willard
leprachaun
Come to think of it most horror movies....

I'm all over a fight club line.....
Would also love Narnia, Firefly, Dune, and any line that will get me a fully armored samurai....Maybe a line from Akira Kurosawa films....or a line of ancient warriors.....I know Ignite has a similar line, but I their heads seem so lifeless...

1: FIGHT CLUB

2: MAD MAX

3: INDIANA JONES

4: TIME BANDITS

5: PULP FICTION

I'd love a 12" The Dude from The Big Lebowski, but it'll never happen.
I'm also down with a western Clint series, Fist Full of Dollars, Good, Bad & Ugly or Unforgiven.

Batty said:
I'm still waiting for the Blade Runner line that will never happen. I think Indy and Mad Max would be my other big choices. I know there was a line of 6" Mad Max figures a few years ago. What happened to that license and why hasn't anyone picked it up?

Yea, mainly what Gruff said. The Road Warrior is my all time favorite movie and is the greatest action movie ever made hands down nothing comes close. What you see is what you get, no special fx or computer trickery. That said, I still could not bring myself to buy those 6" figures. They were a joke, all cartoony looking and way out of porportions. And it just isnt Mad Max unless the black interceptor is made. I've been working on my own 1/6th Mad Max to take up the slack.

Oh and we don't need anything from that wannabe movie Thunderdome. We don't need to PG rated hero.

There's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much stuff I'd like to see but I think the biggies for me would have to be :-

1. Indiana Jones
2. Big Trouble in Little China
3. Back to the Future
4. Harry Potter
5. The Frighteners

Almost forgot. I wanna see Sin City 12" figures as well.

Well, I would be happy with just Nancy (Jessica Alba).

:blissy

Those Mad Max figures were just absolutely terrible. I once saw them on the pegs next to some of Kaiyodo's Fist of the North Star figures and it was painful to see what the figures could have looked like instead of being poorly painted and sculpted un-articulated lumps of crap. Very sad, it would be great if Sideshow could set right what once went wrong....

Hey that gave me an idea for Quantum Leap figures, probably wouldn't buy them but more figures never hurt anyone :rotfl

1:Near Dark

2:Big Trouble Little China

3:pulp Fiction

4:The A-Team

5:Fight Club

6:The Lost Boys

7:Hellraiser

All in the 12" formatt......but PF Cenobites would be amazing...

I dunno... A couple years ago I would have been all over Mad Max/Road Warrior and also Lethal Weapon figures (Mel's mullet would be to die for!) but since his reborn filmmaking career, if you know what I'm saying, anything Mel Gibson related has soured. Same thing is true for anything Tom Cruise.

Oh, and just because sometimes a drum just needs to be repeatedly beaten: Bladerunner! Bladerunner! Bladerunner!

gdb said:
I dunno... A couple years ago I would have been all over Mad Max/Road Warrior and also Lethal Weapon figures (Mel's mullet would be to die for!) but since his reborn filmmaking career, if you know what I'm saying, anything Mel Gibson related has soured. Same thing is true for anything Tom Cruise.

His filmmaking has no affect on what charactes he's played and my want for them. If you are refering to his Jesus movie, he has tried to make it for a very long time, even during his violent Lethal Weapon, Braveheart and Payback movies. The man is a top notch actor and director.

Yeah, I love Mel's work... in front of the camera and behind. Breveheart is by far the best Epic I've ever seen....bar none. And Road Warrior will always be the movie to judge all post apocalyptic films...

I'd love to see a Braveheart line... or a Road Warrior line... I'd buy all of them! :D

Just as OJ Simpson is still a great football player, Mel is still a great actor and director -- okay I'm going to extremes to make my point, I'm not equating what OJ did (or did not do) to Mel's new extremist personea. Just making a point.

I no longer get the same old nostaligia when I see Road Warrior. I see the bearded, nervous man who defends his father's anti-semetic comments and talks about the virtue of home-schooling. I wish I could seprate the two images but I can't.

I'd like to see CSI figures:

CSI (Vegas)
CSI: Miami
CSI: NY

and I'd also like to see a House (md) figure. Mostly just House.
LOST would also be sweet, but McFarlane is doing those, so I'm happy though.

While my budget doesn't really allow me to buy anything beyond the 12 inch Star Wars line, I think these movie figures would be rather successful (and I would even try to snag a few).

Sin City: Marv, Nancy, Hartigan, Kevin, Yellow Bastard, Miho

Hellraiser: Pinhead

Blade Runner: Deckard and the Nexus-6 androids

Ghostbusters: all four of the boys

Star Trek crews: TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager (eh...skip Enterprise)

Batman Begins: Batman, Scarecrow, Ducard

The Matrix Trilogy: Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, Agent Smith, the Twins

Spider-Man: Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus

Since a lot of movies that I would kill for are already listed, from Fight Club to Time Bandits, I gotta throw Buckaroo Banzai out there!

Peter Weller as Buckaroo
John Lithgow as Whorfin
Ellen Barkin as Penny Pridy
Jeff Goldblum as New Jersey

Sideshow Could make Lectroids like POTA mutants, with removable faces, and you could get Dan Hedeya, Christopher Lloyd, and Vincent Schiavelli in a three pack!

New Jersey: Why is there a watermelon there?
Reno: I'll tell you later.

Back