What Next for the PF Line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BDboystoys said:
So what do you guys all hope for, for the Buffy PF line? If all goes well with Buffy, what would you like?

Personally I want in this order(roughly)

1.Vampire Willow (one of if not the best vampire ever to grace buffy)
2.Faith (looking like a badass)
3.Spike (from season 2, when he was the coolest)
4.The Mayor

First time in a long while that I've seen another vote for one of my favorites, the Mayor. Don't expect either of these as PFs, but I think the Mayor and his eventual lunch, Principal Snyder, would be a very cool duo. Now that a smaller body is in the works for the LOTR 1:6 line, maybe it would be possible to make the humorless, dour Principal? He's such a funny matchup with the sunny smiling Mayor.

As I said above, I'm not interested in human-face versions of Spike or Angel, but an alternate vamp-face for each figure would make me change my mind. :)

I give SC a lot of credit for going out on a limb and offering a PF Buffy in the first place. Based on the price point, open edition size, and lean accessories, they obviously had some reservations about how it would be received. I remember my "Premium Format Buffy" thread on the old ezboard met with a lot of nay sayers, particularly about a Season 1 version of Buffy. Shows you what a little time, a lot of leg, and a daring décolletage can do to get people interested.

This week's newsletter reports "... the buzz about Buffy has been phenomenal!," so here's hoping the buzz translates to bucks and more figures!

anyk_bnnr.jpg

i would love:
The master and he will come with a big candlebra
angel from city of
maybe a willow and tara once more with feeling unlikly but hey
uber vamp with the seal as base that would kick ass
maybe more buffy in spring fling dress or gift cloths

maybe princess sexy cordy:naughty

maybe anya:anya2

but please no spike we have 2 figures now human and vamp in 12 inch and loads of 6inch i h8 spike:mad:

buffy-collector, i know what you mean about Spike..
I think he has been done to death, i mean.. 3 12" figures? and Willow didn't even get 1 good one.
i do think he deserves a 1/4 figure, but not before Willow, then again.. right now i will be happy with any character (main character, that is) as long as this line continues :peace

Gruff Old Bear said:
First time in a long while that I've seen another vote for one of my favorites, the Mayor. Don't expect either of these as PFs, but I think the Mayor and his eventual lunch, Principal Snyder, would be a very cool duo. Now that a smaller body is in the works for the LOTR 1:6 line, maybe it would be possible to make the humorless, dour Principal? He's such a funny matchup with the sunny smiling Mayor.

Ye the mayor, while easily the best villian like EVER(and angelus too) he doesnt seem to see much love. I really want him as a PF or 12" figure, PF the most, he really sums up all the baddies into one awesome PF.

The mayor needs a sideshow treatment.

I think a regular Spike that has a removable head with a vampire head exclusive would be a very real and "do-able" thing to produce.

IMHO Spike would be a bigger seller than Willow by a long shot. I don't know that Angel would be as popular as Spike either. However, I think the idea of making the "Smile Time" puppet as the Angel accessory (1/4th or 1/6th) is a fantastic idea! So much better than a candleabra, book, etc.

While Spike is the only other must have PF for me, I think a Willow that actually looked like Aly would sell really well.

I'm just soooo happy we have a PF Buffy. If the next figure is anything other than Spike or Angel, that means this line definitely has some legs. I have to assume Angel followed by Spike would sell at least as well as Buffy. Anything above Angel and Spike is gravy. Plus we all know Joss loves Sideshow. :cool:

I think I would get an Angel PF and maybe Faith, not too sure about any others.... All of course considering SS just won't stick to Buffy in PF.....

I think the PF Buffy we are getting is amazing! I would also like to see a Chosen Buffy PF.

mikey said:
I think the PF Buffy we are getting is amazing! I would also like to see a Chosen Buffy PF.

its strange, when there was talk about a PF, the first image in my mind was Buffy in chosen at the very end, with that smile. Its not even a fave ep but for some reason that what always came to mind!

lol instead me got the exact opposite, promo for season 1!:D

Yes, it kinda sums the whole series up in a way (she is free, so to speak). It would just make a very nice PF - I am sure there are TONS of others that might be better, but for me - it would be great. ;-)

In my imagined series of a 7 Buffy PFs, the Season 7 one would be her in action with the scythe near the end of Chosen, maybe as she catches it. But I'll take any shot, as long as she has the scythe.

Hey ya'll,

I'm pretty new to the board (FIRST POST!) and also new to the Premium Format collecting hobby...so new it kinda hurts...so...so many missed chances to get some really cool PF figures...:censored

Anywhoo, it was my dear dear Buffy (my very 1st PF) that got me into this crazy, wonderful collecting scene...and I've got thoughts for future Buffy/Angel PFs (and the highest of hopes for Firefly/Serenity PFs too!!!!):

1) Would it be totally unheard of (or not feasible) to do 2 figures on one base? I understand that the market for Whedonverse PFs MUST be different than Star Wars but I feel it is just as viable...as long as you clossely match the product to the rabid fans desperate for it (like me). If Sideshow was able to commit to us fans and say, "we'll be bringing you the Scooby Gang, in pairs, over the next couple-three years" Buffy fans would come out of the woodwork.

In this case, I'd be willing to pay quite a bit more per statue to have a Tara+Willow statue. A Xander+Anya statue. Nothing fancy like a scene...just the the members of the Gang looking LIKE the Gang. Sure, some characters probably deserve the solo treatment (Willow, Giles, Angel, Spike) but I'd gratefully take a Willow+Giles if that meant seeing the whole Scooby Gang together again and on my shelf. THAT speaks to the Buffy fans out there.

Buffy characters may not have the incredible visual cues of, say, Darth Vader or General Grievous...but that's not why we love the 'verse (or why we desperately want these characters represented as statues). It's about how these charcters interacted with each other and how those interactions made us feel...think about the world...
...which brings me to my second thought...

2) If dual characters per base was not an option, then a great second thought would be to do the characters solo, but allow their bases to interlock somehow. Again, I guess Sideshow needs to take the plunge and announce that the whole Scooby Gang is on the way but, again, if it was announced that their bases will allow you to display them as a unified group....THAT speaks volumes to the Buffy (hell...all Whedon) fans out there. That is what will draw people to these statues from far and wide...there is nothing on the market like this and it happens to be THE reason we all love the show. The Gang...together...

Now, if interlocking statues for all is too much of a commitment, then maybe the EXCLUSIVE versions have interlocking bases and the regular versions are standalone bases...that way folks in it just for Giles can have a nice standalone representation but us fans wanting the whole Gang can go exclusive and eventually put them together.

3) I'd be totally happy to see a merging of ideas 1 and 2 if that's what it takes to get me the Gang. I'd gladly take 2 characters per base and the option to interlock them!

4) ditto the above for the characters from Angel!

5) super uber duper ditto the above for Serenity...all i can say is if you make these, the Browncoats will come (...in more ways than one).:family

I lurk on many boards (and post on the ones I really like) and something like this would be just the kind of incredible collectible Buffy/Angel/Serenity fans would sell blood to get. But it's a commitment...

Anybody else think this (these) ideas might work for Sideshow?

first off - :welcome

I don't know that 2 PFs on a base would really be that desirable. These things are huge and that would really limit how you could display the characters. I do like the idea of 2 seperate figures interacting like the Obi-wan/DArth PFs, but that's as far as I'd go with it.

I have always been bummed about about the lack of connectivity that could run through Sideshow lines. I like the idea of the interlocking bases, but more for the 1/6 figures. How cool would it be for Sideshow to make a display base like the trench or stone wall that could be a cemetary or the library floor!

I think the PF figures are more of a museum piece, and are intended to be displayed individually, given the price, as some people may not be able to collect them all.

I’ll take your word for it that they might be too big for more than one per stand…hmm…I really need to see a PF in person...

I guess what I’m trying to do is toss out ideas whereby we can get the majority of the Scoobies available, able to be displayed as a seamless group of statues, and also be cost-effective (for both us and Sideshow …this supposedly being a “riskier” venture you’re your average Star Wars statue and all…).

I feel pretty strongly that if the statues conveyed the closeness of the Gang, i.e., by way of their physical proximity and flow of one base to another, then we could walk away with a really stunning display that is absolutely unique on the market and WILL have people stepping up to buy them.

As the resident noob, something like this almost seems like a natural evolution of the museum quality statue… museum quality statues brought together to represent a group…not necessarily a diorama…but a group of statues…able to be displayed individually or together to represent their connection to one another.

I’m still learning but if there aren’t PFs for the Fellowship of the Ring, then I would argue (Buffy love aside) they would probably be THE best candidate for “nested”/merged/whatever bases. Another fantastic candidate for this treatment (ahead of the Scoobies) would be the crew of Serenity.

Seems like there are just some subjects that seem to cry out for being able to be displayed such that one flows into the other… Obi Wan and Vader being an incredible example…

Anywhoo, just trying to get the juices going…can you FEEL how desperate I am to see all the Scoobies in PF?!?!?

Oh, and yes, I’d be most happy to see another Buffy or two (Scythe-wielding Buffy being a must-have) and why not toss in a Big Bad or two...

PS – thanks for the warm welcome, Dave!

Games&Theory said:
Anywhoo, just trying to get the juices going…can you FEEL how desperate I am to see all the Scoobies in PF?!?!?

Oh, and yes, I’d be most happy to see another Buffy or two (Scythe-wielding Buffy being a must-have) and why not toss in a Big Bad or two...

PS – thanks for the warm welcome, Dave!

Firstly, WELCOME!:banana

Yes, there re alot of use who despereately want the scoobies, and as for the villians. if theres only one it WILL be the Mayor or I'll be all frown like.
Also its great to know the ES now!:banana

Serenity/Firefly PF's are one of my most wanted things ever. I'd LOVE a River in her outfit in the bar fight from Serenity and mal in his classic oufit with browncoat reaching for his gun in holster. Sorta like the pose on the Aussie poster.

Back