What MAJOR character do you want next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What major character do you want to see next?

• Darth Vader

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Han Solo

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Princess Leia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obi Wan Kenobi

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Anakin Skywalker

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Qui Gon Jinn

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Boba Fett

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Chewbacca

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Yoda

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • The Emperor

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
I hope the next one is right after Luke so we dont have Luke displayed by himself for long.

What is it about Boba Fett? I really consider him to be a insignificant character in the Star Wars saga. What did he do to be so damn famous? Besides, he has an awful taste in spaceships. His "Slave One" actually looks like "Banta PoDo".

Alice Adrenochrome said:
What is it about Boba Fett? I really consider him to be a insignificant character in the Star Wars saga. What did he do to be so damn famous? Besides, he has an awful taste in spaceships. His "Slave One" actually looks like "Banta PoDo".
Boba has a very interesting look. He looks like a formidable Stormtrooper with a s#!t load of weapons. His ship I thought was unique in the way that it lands on it's back, but that's not the reason I like the character. He has that badass bounty hunter demeanor, and to me is the second most notable villain in the OT movies, the Emperor comes third in my book. There was also an air of mystery about him in the OT that made him more interesting (the Prequels kinda ruined it). And he has a jet pack, jet packs are always cool.

I voted for Qui-Gon. The ones Hasblow Made didn't interest me at all.

I voted for Obi Wan, from the OT. He is one of my favorites and of course Vader would be really to display with Luke. :joy

The major figure that is in desperate need of release has got to be Chewie. None of Hasbro's renditions has done the wookie justice. Sideshow has got to find a way of depicting Chewie in a realistic way. No plastic turd Chewie or a Tribble Chewie please... (The same needs to be done in the 1/4 PF line.)

Last edited:
I included Boba Fett because he's a household name, that was basically my cutoff. Also, he was fairly important to the movies, imo. He set into motion the ending of ESB and all of ROTJ by tracking the Millenium Falcon to Bespin, if you think about it. If he hadn't, Han would've never been put into carbonite and delivered to Jabba, and Luke never would have had the confrontation with Vader and found out he was his father - or at least at a different time and place, if it even happened.

Am I the only one who really wants to see C-3PO and R2-D2 in 1:6 scale? I'm surprised they weren't even included in the poll!

I would also love to see an ESB Luke with the outfit he wore during the lightsaber battle with Vader in Cloud City.

don't most of you folks have the marmit boba fett? i don't see how sideshow can improve on that figure. i really hope sideshow dosen't make any of the figures marmit has already made for a while. there are too many cool figures the could make.....vader, ROTS anakin and obi-wan...qui-gon, mace windu, commander cody.....

as for R2-D2, hasbro's version is really nice. for all the crap hasbro made, they got R2 right the first time. C-3PO does need to be made though. hasbro's version is too tall and too big.

Captain Sack,

Does Hasbro still sell the R2-D2 you are talking about or has it been discontinued?

Marmit's Boba Fett seems to be close to perfect, but have you looked at the prices for one? If you can find me one for the $60 or so Sideshow will sell a Boba Fett for, please tell me. If there's one available somewhere for less than $100, I'd be very surprised.

I think we should quit looking for ways to get Sideshow to skip characters - Medicom and Marmit do great work but I'd say the vast majority of Star Wars fans don't know about them, let along can afford to buy their figures. If they could even find them. Sideshow needs to make characters like Jedi Luke, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett to pay for the characters that won't make as much money. They can't pay for the license by catering to the few hundred Americans who imported the Japanese figures.

JustinLuck said:
Captain Sack,

Does Hasbro still sell the R2-D2 you are talking about or has it been discontinued?

it's long out of production, but you should be able to find one on ebay easily.

they made 4 versions of R2-D2.....a clean version, a dirty version, a sail barge version, and a version with the tools. they also made an R2-A6 from episode 1 and R5-D4 from episode 4. all are awesome and i really don't think sideshow could improve on them.

Back