What large environment should the next figure come with?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure, as indicated by the votes here, that the MAP ROOM FLOOR is a guarantee for the next Raiders figure... be it Marion or Map Room Indy.

The SKULL PILLAR seems the one piece that's ideal for Mola Ram.

If this line goes the distance to encompass all 4 films...

If they do KOTCS, then a CRYSTAL SKULL ALIEN IN CHAIR with an Irina Spalko figure would work, if you want that kind of thing.

GRAIL TABLE with Henry Jones, yeah, I guess. I'd rather have the swiveling fireplace wall. :lol

Hi guys and girls

I'm new to posting but a long time lurker. Just had to be on this thread as I love Indy and the new environments could be a great way for Sideshow to go. My own two cents;

Rope bridge and cliff sections from ToD, packaged with Short Round. You can attach the cliff sections to two opposite walls and have the rope bridge across the room. Must be detachable!

Front section (cab, wheels) of the truck that indy holds onto then goes under in RotLA. Package with a German soldier or Cairo swordsman. More Germans can come with extra parts of the truck so we eventually get the whole thing.

Map room of course, with Sallah or (hopefully) map room Indy.

If we start packaging figures with what they should go with, Marion with a basket to hide in from Raiders. Having seen the Samwise Gangee figure from LotR, he seems to have the right size frying pan that Marion uses in the alley chase so it seems logical for Sideshow to produce Marion to go with it :)

Being in the UK i've not even got Indy yet and probably will not before Christmas. I love my country but figure collecting is frustrating here!

I'd be shocked, shocked! if the Mola Ram figure didn't come with the sixth-scale reproduction of the ENTIRE Temple of Doom set and the Lava Pit.

Only $899, retailer discounts available.

:D

RAIDERS:

A Nepal Bar Marion could come with a Ravenwood Bar table and bar stool, including glasses, bottles and the Staff of Ra medallion.

A German disguise Indy or Well of Souls Marion could come with the pole to which he and Marion are tied; or Marion could come with a mummy with snake emerging from its mouth.

TOD

Club Obi Wan Indy - the exclusive version comes with that wonderful gong, mounts and and sword. I'd buy three of these! The regular version would 'only' come with Nurhachi, diamond, antidote, glass, gun, fork, and of course, skewer with chickens.

Mola Ram - comes with the Thugee statue to which Indy is chained.

The only other 'iconic' props or environments I can think of from TOD are the life raft (would be cool with Short Round) the sacrificial lava cage (willie Scott, obviously) and the rope bridge - not the whole bridge, but I could see them doing the stone pillars at the beginning of the bridge and a little patch of ground around them. Several of the most well-known TOD Indy photos were shot using these props.

I've always loved the teaser poster showing Indy next to a temple column - I'd love of they made that as an environment.

LAST CRUSADE

It's got to be the chairs to which he and Henry are tied, but by this movie they're running out of iconic props and environments, except for the motorcycle and sidecar, which seem too big (or are they?). Maybe they should just produce the most perfect 1/6 scale grail diary ever.

The map room model is really big, but if they split it into two halves, one with Sallah, and one with Map Room Indy, it would work.

They could probably get away with doing a properly 1:6 scaled version of a portion of the floor, like the classic Kenner playset:

ij2.jpg

I'd be down with that.

They could probably get away with doing a properly 1:6 scaled version of a portion of the floor, like the classic Kenner playset:

ij2.jpg

I'd be down with that.

Like this?

picture.php

picture.php

But looking at it now, they might have to spread it out over three figures.

So glad to see all this love for the Map-Room as an environment. It's the one I want the most!

We definitely need a map-room Indy with Map-room floor environment - The accessories could include some of what's already with the Adventure Indy set (same sculpt with bag, shoes, belts, holster, gun and whips - but with new accessories - Journal, pencil, Staff with Medallion attached, Medallion un-attached, rope to repel down into the map-room, nazi flag to get back up and surveyor Indy used to scope the location of the digging site for the Well of Souls. This set would be AWESOME!

225.jpg

In fact, here's another refernce shot before Indy goes in, with the rope wrapped over his shoulder. It also shows Sallah in his digging attire with a shovel. Perhaps Each of the figures (Indy and Sallah) Could come with 'half' of the Map-Room floor that when connected make an even BIGGER environment (as mentioned in one of the post above). That would :rock

215.jpg

I'd love for this trend to leap into other 1/6 lines... Greedo with a cantina booth (SW) for example, but in terms of the Indy line I'd say the best would be a Henry Jones Sr. with a motorcycle with sidecar.:naughty

Of the Emperor with his chair from ROTJ.

I can't really imagine what else they could come up with for Indy. Soo many good ideas so far.

Serious question - would a 1/6 jackal statue from ROTLA be technically possible? Obviously I know it would be too big to be an exclusive but as a high, high end item. How high were the statues in Raiders?

An Anubis statue would be several feet high and cost a bundle to make ,if polystone, and to ship.

I haven't read a suggestion yet in this thread that I'd actually buy. The map room seems to be the most popular and most likely, but I don't really want or need a tiny scaled city that takes up all that space. Map room Indy holding the staff would be cool enough. Kinda wish they'd just included the robe, turban and staff with the regular Indy.

Serious question - would a 1/6 jackal statue from ROTLA be technically possible? Obviously I know it would be too big to be an exclusive but as a high, high end item. How high were the statues in Raiders?

36 feet. Which means a 1:6 Anubis Statue would have to be 6 feet tall. :horror Not gonna happen.

That reminds me of the Bleeding Lawgiver statue they did for the POTA line, which I carried around SDCC all day until my hands were almost bleeding.

Mola Ram with crocodile?

Or a small cliff face and rope bridge dio so you can recreate the fight between him and Indy?

The map room dio would would only work with the proper robes, headdress and staff of Ra, but overall they wouldn't be too hard to mimic. the only other issue would be the size. As someone used to messing with backdrops, its not too easy to make something large enough to look right, yet small enough to display practically.

You wouldn't need the whole temple for Mola Ram.
He could simply come with the iron cage containing the man who had his heart removed. Mola Ram (Ex and non-Ex) would already have the heart attached to an accessory hand.

That way one could pose Mola Ram in front of the cage/man in a triumphant manner.

That being said, I highly doubt we will see him. I think that we will get Marion and maybe Sallah (less likely now that the ark came with Toht). If you do see an expansion to other films, I could imagine them packing one of the figures with a smaller figure as the exclusive. For example, white suited (Club Ob-Wan) Indy packed with Ex Short Round... or maybe even Mola Ram with Short Round. Like the rest of you, I hope this line doesn't die off quickly.

Back