What is your all time favorite Horror movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My all time favorite horror movie? The orginal Halloween. Nothing comes close. Second would be Friday The 13th Part 3.

Scared the hell out of me as a kid, and still does today.

65zokzp.jpg

omg that movie scared me so bad!

My favorite those is the original Halloween

I think about every one I saw as a kid, all gave me nightmares, but I kept coming back for more. Here's just a few:

Friday the 13th - part ? (maybe 2 or 3). The one where he jumps through the bay window of the cabin at the end (my details may be a little fuzzy due to supressing those memories). This was my first horror flick

Original Nightmare on Elm Street - My parents were so pissed at my friend's mom for letting me watch this movie when I was in 5th or 6th grade, couldn't sleep for days

Original Texas Chainsaw - saw this at a sleepover on a broken TV that would only do black/white. I was glad for that. I pretended not scared, had been through it before, but another kid started crying. Awesome :naughty(but sad :mwaha)

Evil Dead 1 or 2 - before I realized it was supposed to be funny, or not taken seriously, this scared the crap out of me too. During a sleepover at a buddies house, he thought it would be funny to sneak outside and bang on the window while I was watching alone. Hillarious, looking back, not so much at the time.

House - As cheesy as it was, it scared the crap out of me when I was a pre-teen

Halloween 5 - same reason, scared as a teen. Saw the earlier/better ones much later.

But of all those greats aside, I agree with the topic starter, "THE SHINING" has to be one of the greatest "horror" flicks I've seen. I saw this when I was much older and it freaked me out. I think this is one of the few movies where the movie is better than the book.

What is it about horror flicks that keep us coming back for more? Most normal people don't like being scared. Me, I love it.

Yup. 6th grade boy. Salva went to jail for 3 years. It was all over the news right around the time "Powder" and "Jeepers Creepers" came out. Oprah Winfrey even had the kid on the air (who was then 20) to tell what happened.

I heard about it, which is why I still haven't watched Jeepers Creepers. It amazes me that the guy can still get work in Hollywood.

384px-Prince_of_Darkness_film.jpg

This movie scared me so bad as a kid I couldn't handle being alone in my house after watching it at the theater.....I had to have my friends parents come over and stay with me until my parents got home. :eek::eek::eek:

I think it's becoming clear to me that I have a very different definition of horror movies than many of the posters in this thread. Slasher and gore-for-its-own-sake movies have never scared me. Sure, there are usually some decent jump scenes, but aside from those, the only thing these movies make me want to do is hurl from some of the more graphic gore. And while my own puke might not be the most pleasant thing to think about, it doesn't really scare me. ;)

I agree with those who find the unseen to be much more sinister and frightening than gore splattered across the screen.

So, it shouldn't surprise anyone that my favorite horror film is one where the beasties are never seen, but they are still the stuff of nightmares...

The Haunting (the terrifying original, not the goofy remake) ranks as #1 for me, with The Legend of Hell House a close second.

I have to agree with RoboDad... I want a horror movie to be scary, and if it makes me look over my shoulder or get up in the night every time I here a noise, then it has accomplished it's job as a horror movie! Therefore, the "scariest" (although I'm not sure I would say my favorites) movies are the original "The Haunting" and yes, "Blair Witch Project". If you watch either of these films alone, in the dark at night, and don't get a little nervous and paranoid and scared, then I don't think any movie will do it for you!

I have to agree with RoboDad... I want a horror movie to be scary, and if it makes me look over my shoulder or get up in the night every time I here a noise, then it has accomplished it's job as a horror movie! Therefore, the "scariest" (although I'm not sure I would say my favorites) movies are the original "The Haunting" and yes, "Blair Witch Project". If you watch either of these films alone, in the dark at night, and don't get a little nervous and paranoid and scared, then I don't think any movie will do it for you!

Blair Witch was ruined for me by the hype. I saw it the first day it was out in theatres and was laughing more than being scared.

Blair Witch was ruined for me by the hype. I saw it the first day it was out in theatres and was laughing more than being scared.

The only thing the Blair Witch did for me was make me nausous from the constant shaky camera movement. I was SO disappointed in the end.....

Back