What is wrong with Giles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UTtoyfan said:
Since they made the Jabba throne to go with Jabba, do you think Sideshow would ever make a library(maybe even half a library) to go with our Giles, Buffy, Xander, and Willow? The figures need a place to research and of course the environment would include many of the books featured in the show. Wishful thinking of course. At least a library was made for the 6" figures a while back.

I have the 6 inch scale library and I completely love it! (I have my own 1:1 scale library, so it's kind of a thing with me.) I would be so completely happy that I could die if they made a "library environment" - sadly I don't think it's gonna happen. If I were running the show (or the Sideshow as it were)though I would make one and sell it in pieces - library table playset (kind of the central area where they do most of the research)and then connecting shelves maybe so you could buy one or as many as you wanted and hook them up. Maybe steps that went to the second level above those. Of course in my dream world I would also want a cage, a circulation desk etc and so on but I really don't see that happening.

Aaagh, but we can dream can't we?

Gruff Old Bear said:
What's wrong with him is that he's lonely. Sideshow needs to make a figure of Buffy's mama for him.

They never shoulda killed off Kristine Sutherland.

Yeah! Another Joyce fan! I like Joyce because, frankly, she reminds me more of the Moms I knew as a teen than any of the other TV Moms that I can think of. (And KS is a good actress.) I missed her when she was gone but at the same time if she hadn't died we would have never had "The Body" and I am in the camp that thinks that was one of the greatest Buffy eps of all time (in fact I think it was one of the greatest TV eps of all time.)

If they announced a Joyce figure tonight - I would buy it tonight. As far as I am concerned she is as important as a scoobie to the Buffyverse.

I used to joke that Joyce was the ONE character I had NO interest in a figure of. But hell, I'd buy one.

Instead of a Library environment I'd rather see big pieces like Acathla or the Judge's assembled box. But I don't think Buffy has the same clout as Star Wars right now. Although maybe we can customize Jabba into the big fat demon that sat in a tub?

waverly94 said:
Yeah! Another Joyce fan! I like Joyce because, frankly, she reminds me more of the Moms I knew as a teen than any of the other TV Moms that I can think of. (And KS is a good actress.) I missed her when she was gone but at the same time if she hadn't died we would have never had "The Body" and I am in the camp that thinks that was one of the greatest Buffy eps of all time (in fact I think it was one of the greatest TV eps of all time.)

If they announced a Joyce figure tonight - I would buy it tonight. As far as I am concerned she is as important as a scoobie to the Buffyverse.

Agree entirely:D

I'd love a Joyce figure, one normal and one from "Band Candy" and a "Ripper" Giles to go with her!

And I'd also love a 1/6 scale library set!!

I guess I'll have to make my Buffy figures do research in Jabba's palace for the time being.:lol
But yeah, Joyce as a figure is another must have for me!

I was thinking that since they instituted that Inclusive Edition program, they could probably do it for the Buffy/Angel figures and that way everyone that wants one can get one. They could even do it for possible environments or accessories(books for Giles). Don't they base the numbers they make on how many people order the items? If so, that way they won't overproduce anything and every one will be satisfied:D .

UTtoyfan said:
I guess I'll have to make my Buffy figures do research in Jabba's palace for the time being.:lol
But yeah, Joyce as a figure is another must have for me!

I was thinking that since they instituted that Inclusive Edition program, they could probably do it for the Buffy/Angel figures and that way everyone that wants one can get one. They could even do it for possible environments or accessories(books for Giles). Don't they base the numbers they make on how many people order the items? If so, that way they won't overproduce anything and every one will be satisfied:D .
Sideshow might not be satisfied. They need to make some profit from any item they release, an inclusive Star Wars figure makes more sense because they know they'll sell the desired minimum amount at the price they're asking and then some.
On a much smaller edition they have to set a specific price tag to make a profit so if they sell 300 libraries they can charge, let say $100. But if they only sell 150 libraries they'll lose money at a $100 price tag. They'll have to raise the price to make at least some money from the set.
It may work if there's some type of preliminary would you buy this poll and from that they can have a better idea on what to charge for the set.

Having said that, I would be interested in a library set if it's not too expensive.

That makes sense. Well I guess Giles and the gang will have to study in Jabba's palace for the time being. They could figure out how to defeat the Rancor. Luke Skywalker may have a bone to pick with them though, since they're invading the palace with him.

Gruff Old Bear said:
What's wrong with him is that he's lonely. Sideshow needs to make a figure of Buffy's mama for him.

They never shoulda killed off Kristine Sutherland.

I think Whedon explained it perfectly on the DVD set. Buffy needed to "grow up" to keep the character from growing stagnant. He also wanted to anchor the show in the real world. The fact that she died so suddenly (heck, they even tricked us, by alluding to it, then her recovery), and it was a completely natural death.. well, the show needed that. I loved the character. But, like Cordelia in the final season of Angel, she had reached her developmental arch as a dramatic character. There really wasn't anything left for her to do except hang around. And one of the most dramatic moments in any child's life is dealing with the death of their parents, but that's the life of a slayer. Sure, it usually doesn't come as early as Buffy Anne Summers. Point to ponder: if not for dealing with her moms and death and then her own/ then resurrection, do you think Buffy would have had the fortitude to lead the Slayerettes against the First Evil?

And the body is, in my opinion, the second best episode ever:

My Personal Top 10 list:

Hush
The Body
Fool for Love
The Wish
OMWF
Innocence
Becoming 1 and 2
School Hard
The Zeppo (yeah a long-shot, but love the Xander focus and story design) edit: Almost want to place this with Helle's Bells... ohhhhh .. so many great episodes :cool:
End of Days (I liked the build-up to the series finale better than the actual ending... hmm...)

waverly94 said:
If I were running the show (or the Sideshow as it were)though I would make one and sell it in pieces - library table playset (kind of the central area where they do most of the research)and then connecting shelves maybe so you could buy one or as many as you wanted and hook them up.

Sounds very Ikea. :lol Don't forget the books... sold in packs of 10 perhaps?

I would love a library environment too. Are there 1/6 scale furniture already available which could do?

DouglasMcc said:
My Personal Top 10 list:

Hush
The Body
Fool for Love
The Wish
OMWF
Innocence
Becoming 1 and 2
School Hard
The Zeppo (yeah a long-shot, but love the Xander focus and story design) edit: Almost want to place this with Helle's Bells... ohhhhh .. so many great episodes :cool:
End of Days (I liked the build-up to the series finale better than the actual ending... hmm...)

I LOVE that you said the Zeppo. Reason being it is the first Buffy episode I ever saw (and I didn't even see the whole thing - missed probably the first twenty minutes.) But seeing it inspired me to buy the DVDs (all of them.) In retrospect, it is not one of the best Buffy eps. but it definately has sentimental value for me.

Protozaius said:
I did have a SS Gene Wilder Frankenstien figure with a "How I Did it" book but I sold it recently. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2
I'd have bought that in a second!!
Books are easy enough to come by or make. I'd prefer they fix the hair before dallying with books.

Back